+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Fight

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Chicken Fight

Another interesting article I found.
    Video shows chicks ground up alive at egg hatchery - Yahoo! News

I read the article and, at first, I was kinda shocked and appauled. About halfway through, I couldn't stop myself from laughing! The deal is that egg hatcheries toss male chicks in to grinders because nobody can raise male chickens quickly enough to produce enough meat and males don't lay eggs. So, when I read it, I was like, "Grinders? That's pretty F'ed up." They even said that if there was a market for male chicks, they'd keep them around. It was stated in the article that a recording shows dying chicks on the factory floor and all the people at the hatchery said was that it was uncommon practice and they'll look in to it (refferring to the chicks on the floor, not in the grinder). I giggled at that point.

Then the article says that the man behind the hatchery footage intended the video as a means to get people to stop eating eggs. Mercy for Animals even asked major grocery and department stores to put labels on the egg cartons that said, "Warning: Male chicks are ground-up alive by the egg industry." I cracked up when reading that!

So somebody wants us to stop eating eggs because nobody has any use for male chicks? Granted, tossing them in to a grinder is a bit excessive, it's been going on for a long time now. Even the Humane Society knows about it!
    Should we stop eating eggs because of this knowledge? Some people stop eating meat after learning about what goes on in slaughter-houses but, that's a small fraction of people. I love meat! Why would everyone just stop eating eggs?

Do you disagree with the practices that are currently going on in egg hatcheries or, do you not care? Should knowing what goes on behind the scenes at hatcheries or meat plants really affect what we eat? Should we deny our bodies one of the key foods that make a great breakfast because of the lack of need for a male chicken?

"We have to ask ourselves if these were puppies and kittens being dropped into grinders, would we find that acceptable?" ~Nathan Runkle Puppies and kittens???

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Chicken Fight

Okay I found this somewhat funny. Actually I found it very funny. I mean come on a chick grinder. That is just too funny. To imagine a kitten grinder is even more horrifyingly hilarious.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

OMFG... Why am I laughing? Oh I know! Chicks in a grinder... OMFG! They won't feel anything, trust me. They die immediately. No suffering there.

Personally, I don't care what they do in egg hatcheries. I live on a farm - We have about 100 chickens that lay pretty much the most amazing eggs ever. So I don't have to buy nasty bleached eggs in the store. I also have, oh... I'd say a good 8 roosters. They crow a lot but they don't fight. And there is too a market for 'em.

I sell my eggs because most of the time I can get anywhere between 5-12 dozen a day. People stop in and ask if the roosters are for sale. Roosters keep the hens in line... they make them get up and eat.. otherwise they will lay around and do nothing. (No the roosters don't make the eggs... Hens lay whether or not there's a rooster). Besides that, a young rooster is GOOD EATIN'!! But I guess in a big old factory they wouldn't be able to maintain that many roosters. Whatever. Grind 'em up!!

Kitten grinders... I love those animal huggers. They find the most ridiculous thing to compare it too... Yes, because we have kitten and puppy hatcheries. Geese.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG, you two are hilarious!

@SpikesRose: You're right, animal huggers will make some bad comparisons. But think of this. What if there WAS a kitten grinder? Animal Shelters would be kinda vacant then, LOL. I bet they'd sell though.

"Fluffy's litterbox is stinky, dad."

"Don't worry son, just throw him in the kitty grinder!"

---------------------------------------------------------

"Have a litter of kittens you don't want? Then you need to buy our new and improved kitten grinder!"

LMAO!!!

Sometime around early spring, there were these animal rights activists on the corner, across the street from US Bank Plaza--where I used to work--in downtown Minneapolis. There were about three females and a dude (who was obviously there to look like a animal hugger in order to get laid by his cohorts, LOL) and they were picketing and the guy was yelling in the megaphone while pointing at the skycraper across from USB plaza. He basically said, "This place is evil, they do tests on animals, and blah blah blah..." Then he turns up the megaphone, screaming, "Bunny killer! Puppy killer! Kitty cat killers!!!"

I was standing right next to him when he said, "Kitty cat killer," and I fell out laughing right in his face, saying, "What grown man still says kitty cat?" LOL. Aww, good times... Good times. ^_^

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    OMG, you two are hilarious!

@SpikesRose: You're right, animal huggers will make some bad comparisons. But think of this. What if there WAS a kitten grinder? Animal Shelters would be kinda vacant then, LOL. I bet they'd sell though.

"Fluffy's litterbox is stinky, dad."

"Don't worry son, just throw him in the kitty grinder!"

"Have a litter of kittens you don't want? Then you need to buy our new and improved kitten grinder!"

LMAO!!!

Sometime around early spring, there were these animal rights activists on the corner, across the street from US Bank Plaza--where I used to work--in downtown Minneapolis. There were about three females and a dude (who was obviously there to look like a animal hugger in order to get laid by his cohorts, LOL) and they were picketing and the guy was yelling in the megaphone while pointing at the skycraper across from USB plaza. He basically said, "This place is evil, they do tests on animals, and blah blah blah..." Then he turns up the megaphone, screaming, "Bunny killer! Puppy killer! Kitty cat killers!!!"

I was standing right next to him when he said, "Kitty cat killer," and I fell out laughing right in his face, saying, "What grown man still says kitty cat?" LOL. Aww, good times... Good times. ^_^
    Kitty cat killers!!11 OMFG!!!!!

That's not surprising at all, really... I believe fully in animals rights - No animal should suffer at the hands of humans. Meat factories/hatcheries are nasty foul horrid places indeed. And so when the PETA vegans attack me and accuse me of being a murder/killer/etc... I laugh. That's why my family and I raised our own meat. Would you rather eat cow that's been abused and diseased? Or free range, healthy, happy, beef? Really.

And yeah, I killed Bambi's mom. She was good eatin'. They go NUTS when I tell them I hunt. Bagged a real nice elk last season. We use every bit of the animal... And what we can't use we leave for the coyotes to take. And yes, we do need the meat. Man ... I save a few hundred dollars a year by have a freezer full of meat. I don't hunt for sport, although that can be fun sometimes. And I bow hunt. So it's real hunting.

Why don't they do something constructive, like volunteer in an animal shelter? Ride around with the animal cops and bust some jerks that are beating their animals or something? Donate money for goodness sake? Real animal lovers help in that way. Not in yelling "KITTY CAT KILLER!" at people...>.> >.>

Kitty grinder... heh heh... LOL...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Kitty cat killers!!11 OMFG!!!!!

That's not surprising at all, really... I believe fully in animals rights - No animal should suffer at the hands of humans. Meat factories/hatcheries are nasty foul horrid places indeed. And so when the PETA vegans attack me and accuse me of being a murder/killer/etc... I laugh. That's why my family and I raised our own meat. Would you rather eat cow that's been abused and diseased? Or free range, healthy, happy, beef? Really.

And yeah, I killed Bambi's mom. She was good eatin'. They go NUTS when I tell them I hunt. Bagged a real nice elk last season. We use every bit of the animal... And what we can't use we leave for the coyotes to take. And yes, we do need the meat. Man ... I save a few hundred dollars a year by have a freezer full of meat. I don't hunt for sport, although that can be fun sometimes. And I bow hunt. So it's real hunting.

Why don't they do something constructive, like volunteer in an animal shelter? Ride around with the animal cops and bust some jerks that are beating their animals or something? Donate money for goodness sake? Real animal lovers help in that way. Not in yelling "KITTY CAT KILLER!" at people...>.> >.>

Kitty grinder... heh heh... LOL...
    LOL, Kitty grinder... *I can't get over that--it's too funny!*

I agree with you fully. Don't kill it, unless you're gonna eat it. I hate wastin' food. I think the last thing I wanna do is shoot a deer down, walk up to it and say to myself, "Naw, maybe I'll eat one next year," and walk away. I've gone hunting once or twice. It's pretty fun! Shot a 10 gauge slug once. Holy crap, does that thing kick! I like to fish when I get the chance as well. Unless the lake is full of tiny fish, I'm bringin' one home! (Haven't fished in a couple years, lack of fishing license prevents me from doin' so).

I also agree about the idea of animal activists being active with animals, rather than just protesting and shouting, "Kitty kat Killer," LOL. I went to a Burger King in Uptown Minneapolis one day and it was bombarded by angry vegans. "Meat is murder!" That's all you could hear and see on picket signs from the inside of the BK. I'm thinkin' to myself, "Of course it is! It's how we eat!" Do vegans honestly think we're gonna just ask the cow if we can borrow some beef from it? "Excuse me Mr. Cow but, could you spare some ribs?" ^_^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL, Kitty grinder... *I can't get over that--it's too funny!*

I agree with you fully. Don't kill it, unless you're gonna eat it. I hate wastin' food. I think the last thing I wanna do is shoot a deer down, walk up to it and say to myself, "Naw, maybe I'll eat one next year," and walk away. I've gone hunting once or twice. It's pretty fun! Shot a 10 gauge slug once. Holy crap, does that thing kick! I like to fish when I get the chance as well. Unless the lake is full of tiny fish, I'm bringin' one home! (Haven't fished in a couple years, lack of fishing license prevents me from doin' so).

I also agree about the idea of animal activists being active with animals, rather than just protesting and shouting, "Kitty kat Killer," LOL. I went to a Burger King in Uptown Minneapolis one day and it was bombarded by angry vegans. "Meat is murder!" That's all you could hear and see on picket signs from the inside of the BK. I'm thinkin' to myself, "Of course it is! It's how we eat!" Do vegans honestly think we're gonna just ask the cow if we can borrow some beef from it? "Excuse me Mr. Cow but, could you spare some ribs?" ^_^

DUDE hilarious! Can I borrow some ribs?! HA! You rule.

Yes, hunting is certainly fun. I get to go bear hunting next year. :3 .375 H&H magnum... flattens a full grown male grizzly at 200 yards :O Pretty big rifle... Got some nice kick, but it's not too harsh. Just gotta hold it right otherwise you're shoulder will regret that. And we'll eat that too. Bear meat is rad. Yeah, there were a few years we couldn't afford to have beef cow, so we went hunting and got a few deer, and an elk I believe. And that lasted us until my dad started work again. So we really did need it to survive. I LOVE to fish, but I haven't been for years, myself! Last time I went my dad and I nabbed a 200 lb. halibut... awesome!

But I digress. Sorry, the country girl came out in me. :3

I guess going back to the chick in the grinder... *giggle* I can see where some people would be shocked by that. Baby chickens are adorable, cute and fuzzy, and people can't look at them as an animal. It's cute and fluffy to them, and that's it. My pig Purdy Mouth was the cutest thing you ever did see, but he tasted ever better. I try to be open minded to those who weren't raised in the country or on farm life. But it's the fact that they are so close-minded to my way of life, that I just laught at them.

And threaten to stuff kitty cats in a grinder until they go away. Pffftt... *snort giggle* Kitty cat killer...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    ...It's cute and fluffy to them, and that's it. My pig Purdy Mouth was the cutest thing you ever did see, but he tasted ever better.
    LMAO!

That is too funny!

I think that all these animal activists need to think like that to a certain degree. Like you said, they're pretty much closed minded to the 'country folk' life style, so when they think about where our food comes from and what needs to be done to obtain that food, they get all shocked and appauled. Not because the people on farms kill to eat, but because people in factories are killing to feed us--which is the same thing to me, just on a bigger scale.

They defend the 'cute, defenseless animal', not even realizing that the very same animal is what gives us sustanance (protiens and all that good stuff). It's a part of the food chain. I'm sure if something fed on humans, we'd just deal with it. We deal with mosquitoes, no matter how annoying they are. Why? Because it's natural. We don't stop lions from eating antelope or wildebeasts. Why? Because it's natural. Why should we stop humans from eating other animals? It's what we've been doing since the dawn of humanity, right?

*I hear that some people turn crazy after they stop eating meat!*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast