Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Riding the theme on today's children against the world.

Using violence., ...well controlled punishment. Is 'hitting' the answer in disciplining your child?.,

Being brought up in the good ol days, i think it does. my siblings and i(mostly myself) have been spanked throughout our early childhood. up until i was like 11 or so. my mother has been the iron fist in our family. its also set me straight and has literally pounded my personality to what it is today :P.

i believe it works, and should be allowed., with as much force deemed necessary. Sure there are other ways, but for repeating offenders it should be applied without hesitation XD. id also bring back the RULER/yard stick smack in the classroom., nothing like public humiliation to straighten out ones character ha.

for those of you who have children of your own, what do you think?

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Its a good thing but yet a bad thing..

For that good points for spanking.If a kid dose some thing wrong and gets spanked he/she wont do it again or thing twice before doing some thing wrong.Its happened to me ones or twice before but the one time i remember the best was when my grandmother spanked me.

I made the mistake of saying f*** you to her when i was like 5 i think.Oh boy that was one bad mistake on my part she spanked me so hard ,couldn't sit down for a while lol. But i learned my lesson extremely fast do not say that to an adult and especially to her,for i did not want that again.Allot of people that get spanked turn out all right and are not "scarred for life" which some politicians want most to believe.

As for that bad points to it, Some people take it way to far with spanking.To the point it would be called child abuse.Which "some" may think is ok to do if a kids dose wrong.In those cases the parents should be locked up promptly and with out question.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Discipline is a very very good thing, I would do it if I ever have kids, and if he say he'll go to the authorities I'll call his/her bluff. I do not believe in caning or spanking, but discipline is the way to go. Grounding someone is useless because it doesn't get the message across.

The best solution is pain for a little kid. Where do I draw the line?? If bruises show up the next day, you've gone too far. The farthest I'll go is ruler to the hand and that's it. No chasing around the house with the handle of a feather duster. Kids are not mentally capable to understand a "talk" when they are young. Just like you can tell kids to not touch something that is steaming many times, there'll always be one time when he/she finally touches the hot item gets burn, a blister that hurts like crap, and finally they will learn not to try.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

well well, i wouldnt say its the best kind of punishment. but when i was growing up it certainly worked for me. even though i didnt get hit very often the message from my parents were very clear.^^ lol
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if it's "the answer", but it's definately an option. As long as you aren't beating your child or doing them permanant injury, a good slap to the backside is a fairly good deterrant. Kids these days are spoiled. We can't always bribe our kids just to get them to be decent human beings or do the things they should be doing ANYWAY. Positive reinforcement is lovely once in awhile... but every interaction with your child shouldn't have to be a negotiation or a buy-out.

My kids aren't going to get promised toys if they behave. They're going to be disciplined if they don't (be that spanking, having toys taken away, being sent to their rooms, etc).

I was spanked... I turned out okay (at least, I hope so)

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I don't know if it's "the answer", but it's definately an option. As long as you aren't beating your child or doing them permanant injury, a good slap to the backside is a fairly good deterrant. Kids these days are spoiled. We can't always bribe our kids just to get them to be decent human beings or do the things they should be doing ANYWAY. Positive reinforcement is lovely once in awhile... but every interaction with your child shouldn't have to be a negotiation or a buy-out.

My kids aren't going to get promised toys if they behave. They're going to be disciplined if they don't (be that spanking, having toys taken away, being sent to their rooms, etc).

I was spanked... I turned out okay (at least, I hope so)

a "good slap"? more than a good slap maybe being hit with a stick or something. but a good slap? lol. i know i dont have kids cuz im way to young anyway but if i learned anything when i was "spanked" a good slap just doesn't always cut it.

"kids these days are spoiled" i would have to disagree. not all kids and its usually the parents who spoil their kids which makes them spoiled. and its not necessary to 'bribe' to do the right thing. they should want to do it. not saying that was not what you meant, i was just pointing it out. ^^
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    We can't always bribe our kids just to get them to be decent human beings or do the things they should be doing ANYWAY.
    Agreed. Parents should be prepping their children to become productive members of society; in the real world, you don't get rewarded for obeying the law, but you will be punished if you're caught breaking it.

When I was growing up, if I did something wrong, I was punished for it. A spanking, grounding, whatever was appropriate for my age and the offense. A small child doesn't understand or won't remember the logic behind why he/she shouldn't do something, but can easily understand the pain of a spanking, and will keep that in mind for the future.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I too think it works, tough a mum that is just very stict and has shouted at you since early childhoot and said what's right and wrong and thought of very clever punnishments appart from hitting (like they left me at home alone bored to death a couple of times), you don't need any hitting because children act good anyways. The main thing is to never let children step on your head (like i always do and end up with them following me everywhere and making me do and tell all kinds of things)

A little spank on the but is nothing that bad, it's bad if parents really, really hit children.... That is crazy to forbid it because children sometimes really are nasty little beings. But they lear from one time....

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast