Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Beating a child? No, but there are some instances where I do approve of it. Giving a kid a swat on the ass for reaching for a boiling pot of water on the stove or catching them just before they run out onto the street for example.

Let me ask the people in this thread this: Have you ever had the opportunity to even have your hand in raising a child? Baby sitting doesn't count. Until that happens, your opinions are effectively moot, because you don't know what its like.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I was agree with Tsurara as I wouldn't spank the child unless it was really really needed. It would be a last resort for me. I would rather take away their privileges, send them to their room and give then a good shouting at.

I know that others will be see spanking or hitting their child as a sure way to let the child know they did something wrong but for me it will always be a last resort as if used too much if could cause some damage mentally within the child. I don't want the child to be always scared of me as then it will be hard to ever support the child.

Aceman - I personally haven't raised my hand to a child but I have seen people do it and for some it would work but for me its not what I would do.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I can' have children myself, but I've had a hand in raisin' my niece and nephew and I'll tell u now; spankin' is sometimes necessary. Is there a limit? Yes. It's a fine line between discipline and abuse, "the devil is in the details" so ta speak. That's why whenever my siblings and I did wrong, my parents took ten and then discussed with us what it was that we did wrong 'fore they meeted out punishment. This way they were cool, calm, and collected when it came time for business and we fully understood why we were bein' punished. This doesn' work in every situation, like ur kid reachin' for a hot pot of coffee, runnin' out inta the middle of the road, etc., where quick; decisive action needs ta b taken in order ta protect the child from harm, but explainin' ta them, why u punished them, afterward is important. No matter how u look at it, raisin' children is a very difficult job; but one well worth it.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    Riding the theme on today's children against the world.

Using violence., ...well controlled punishment. Is 'hitting' the answer in disciplining your child?.,

Being brought up in the good ol days, i think it does. my siblings and i(mostly myself) have been spanked throughout our early childhood. up until i was like 11 or so. my mother has been the iron fist in our family. its also set me straight and has literally pounded my personality to what it is today :P.

i believe it works, and should be allowed., with as much force deemed necessary. Sure there are other ways, but for repeating offenders it should be applied without hesitation XD. id also bring back the RULER/yard stick smack in the classroom., nothing like public humiliation to straighten out ones character ha.

for those of you who have children of your own, what do you think?
    I say whoop their a**es!! LOL! I grew up under the rule of my mom's iron fist and my dad's collection of belts! LOL. I got outta line, I got popped. Plain and simple. I believe that you shouldn't beat your kids, but nobody said not to apply the belt to rump. I don't understand most parents these days. Their kids run around here like they run the show, and they LET them. I've seen children throwing fits--and merchandise--in grocery stores and the parents just sit there like, "I don't know what to do! He's so out of control!" Take your belt off and whoop him! Use your hand, something for Christ's sake!

All of my mom's kids are generally "good" children. I'm the only one who's ever been to jail and it was for like six hours. None of us are in gangs, none of us have issues with drugs (well, I don't anymore; and weed doesn't count in my book), none of us has ever shot anyone, let alone consider it. And it's all thanks to the belt. In a way, getting my a** whooped saved my life! LOL.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    ...Giving a kid a swat on the ass for reaching for a boiling pot of water on the stove...
    Now that's just when I wouldn't even stop a kid. He'll learn the consequences of this action soon enough.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me ask the people in this thread this: Have you ever had the opportunity to even have your hand in raising a child? Baby sitting doesn't count. Until that happens, your opinions are effectively moot, because you don't know what its like.
    Don't know what it's like?? You might want to rethink that statement. Many of us have been on the receiving end.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I thought this too, but like legend said, some of us have been on the recieving end.

I had a talk about this with my parents, I was spanked as a child and my parents looking back wish they hadn't. Their main arguement being that they were physically hurting their own child, it's not like they abused me or anything lol but for them it was the thought of inflicting pain on a child. And they regret having to resort to that.

me on the other hand, knowing the little shat I was sometimes, think it was the right thing to do XD. So there are two sides of the coins, depending if your child or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I was agree with Tsurara as I wouldn't spank the child unless it was really really needed. It would be a last resort for me. I would rather take away their privileges, send them to their room and give then a good shouting at.

I know that others will be see spanking or hitting their child as a sure way to let the child know they did something wrong but for me it will always be a last resort as if used too much if could cause some damage mentally within the child. I don't want the child to be always scared of me as then it will be hard to ever support the child.
    and I agree. But not being a parent, I guess I won't really know until I actually have kids. and a bit off the note, I've heard that shouting doesn't do any good either (something about showing that your in control..?)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Now that's just when I wouldn't even stop a kid. He'll learn the consequences of this action soon enough.
    LOL, that's great! There's plenty of times when I'd watch my younger brother and someone will say, "Why are you letting him climb the bookshelf?" and I'd simply relply, "If he gets hurt, I bet he won't do it again the next time he's near there." Just like those kids who put forks in electrical sockets, they'll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Don't know what it's like?? You might want to rethink that statement. Many of us have been on the receiving end.
    Plenty have been on the receiving end, but that doesn't make things right. I know that my receiving end wasn't the wrong kind of discipline, because I've never been left with marks or bruises; only a pain in the rear and a lack of wanting to sit down. LOL. But you have to be a parent in order to know the differences between good and bad discipline.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast