Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

No Duh!
    Yall make it seem as if it is child abuse. Hexy yea hitting a kid is a good method. Teaches them respect. If a child talks to you any kind of way, back hand meets face. If your child has more control over your house than you, get that cable cord and ge to going. If your child thinks they run something in YOUR house, get whatever you can get your hands on and start swinging. Hitting your child for discipline actions is cool but just to do it just to do it is wrong. I aint got no problem in hitting a child if they disrespect me.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Receiving end?

I have been on the receiving end. My father was an alcoholic who beat me and my 3 siblings. He used throw his steel toed work boots (He drove a concrete truck for a living, so it also had dried concrete on it as well) at us when we wouldn't get him a beer from the fridge. Don't even get me started on the belt.

It wasn't until my mom cracked him upside the head with a frying pan and having him wake up in the hospital with a lawyer by his bed serving him with divorce papers and a restraining order did it end. I've seen the man twice in the last 16 years, and both times I was biting the inside of my mouth not to tell him to **** off and stifling vomit from just being in that bastards presence.

My previous statement still stands.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Receiving end?

I have been on the receiving end. My father was an alcoholic who beat me and my 3 siblings. He used throw his steel toed work boots (He drove a concrete truck for a living, so it also had dried concrete on it as well) at us when we wouldn't get him a beer from the fridge. Don't even get me started on the belt.

My previous statement still stands.
    But that isn't discipline, it's abuse. To beat a child for any reason, especially one as ridiculous as not getting a beer, is psychotic and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. A spanking is not abuse, it's a tough love reminder that rules need to be followed for a child's own good.

The thing to remember is to make the punishment fit the crime, and that if a particular style of discipline doesn't work, another way should be found. Not all children respond to spankings, so to continue to use it as a form of discipline on them defeats the purpose.

I don't have children, so my ideas may not come from experience, but there's still common sense to consider. Decent parents should understand where to draw the line with discipline, it's the same line that exists everywhere else. Find what works, and don't go overboard.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie SoftBlade is off to a good start SoftBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

The people write too much. lol. I.e, I didn't read through everything here so I hope what I am saying hasn't been said before.

I agree that hitting works. Not like punching your kid or anything o_0. When I did something bad I was sent to my room and my father and his belt soon followed, and I turned out very good, or I think I did. Depends on how people see me =P.

Anyway, I think it really depends on the intentions of your parents for the punishments (Hope I said that corectly =/). If you know they do it because they care, then you won't see it as wrong or hateful. Every time my father punished us like that, he would always come to us afterwards and explain to us, again, why we got punished and that he did it because he cared.

I intend to raise my kids that same way someday, because it's not inhumane, in my opinion, and it works. ^^

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL, that's great! There's plenty of times when I'd watch my younger brother and someone will say, "Why are you letting him climb the bookshelf?" and I'd simply relply, "If he gets hurt, I bet he won't do it again the next time he's near there." Just like those kids who put forks in electrical sockets, they'll learn.
    Doesn' really work on my nephew, he one of those types that if u told him not ta climb a certain tree or he would fall an hurt himself; he would jus' do it anyways, fall off, get back up, and climb it again. It's not that he stupid or anythin' like that, it's jus' that he's a daredevil and he loves the sense of danger. I have a feelin' that he's gonna b one of those types who gonna perform dangerous stunts when he gets older, like Robbie Knievel or somethin'.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking at my childhood . . . sometimes children need a good smack. I was spanked (in moderation) when I was disobedient. If my parents hadn't, I would not be the person I am today - a good, productive member of society.

I'm not saying bring out the studded belt every time your son or daughter makes an error (that's wrong). I've just seen too many modern parents trying to be their children's friends; they reject discipline entirely, it seems. I have half a mind to throw THEM over my knee . . .

Otaku chrystalann2004 is off to a good start chrystalann2004's Avatar
    Thanks

hitting is not alway the best answear
    because when they get to be older they may strike back at you
    raise child in the this time is very hard to do.

and for a single parent when you are one around i notice when you do all the disaplen
    and don t like what done or said they yell or scream for other one that not around
    that make any parent job alot harder on there nerves and sometime take toll on your body as well.

but try and find something that want
    and award chart for that day
    it can be cand or movie or what ever they intest in
    they 4 star or smile .

but that what i do

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    No Duh!
    Yall make it seem as if it is child abuse. Hexy yea hitting a kid is a good method. Teaches them respect. If a child talks to you any kind of way, back hand meets face. If your child has more control over your house than you, get that cable cord and ge to going. If your child thinks they run something in YOUR house, get whatever you can get your hands on and start swinging. Hitting your child for discipline actions is cool but just to do it just to do it is wrong. I aint got no problem in hitting a child if they disrespect me.
    If you were caught swinging what ever you have in the house at a child then anyone can call social services have your children taken away and you will be going to court. In Britain even smacking a child is child abuse. You can get sent to court for such as a thing. That is also why I will use smacking as a last resort. There are plenty of ways to discipline a child without using the last resort. Shout or raising your voice is part of showing how dominant you can be. So its mostly like I use that as I don't shout often but I can raise my voice pretty loudly so the child will surly know when I am angry.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast