Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Child Punishment, Hitting the answer??,

I believe it's all in how far it's taken. I, too, was spanked throughout my childhood. At that time, I was afriad to do wrong, then they stopped and started "grounding" me. That meant nothing to me. But, the times I was spanked, somtimes it was taken too far. My dad would just get so pissed that he'd forget the reason he was doing it for. My brother had to go to the hospital a few times because my dad got to carried away.

Still.... I'm for it. I think it's a good thing if the child knows the reason he/she's being punished and it's done, not out of anger, but of caring.

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

its sometimes a good thing a little spanking teaches children a lesson or two
    But sometimes parents like to carry it to the next level.
    For example some parents beat their kids in the streets. Do they have any idea how tramatic that is for ths child? They've got to go home and do that, not in the streets.
    also some parents like to blow a simple situation out of proportion and beat the child for no reason.
    An occasional beating is good but there are other ways of dealing with situations, it depends on what type of parent u are and if u can handle a certain situation properly
    When i was a child i cant count the number of times i got whooped. But i refuse to be like my mother who thinks that beating is ALWAYS the answer.
    There are always different ways to deal with a situation.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

hell ya...if the child reeeaaaallllyyyy deserves it. parent deserves the respect of their child for dealing with his or her crap for the past years of their lives. the go-to-your-room punishment routine is crap in my book. punishment for kids today should be done old school.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

I my not have kid of my own but in my life I have the know how from my parents on how to punish a child. My father never hit my out in the open, only at the house I would get the belt. If I ever got out of line he would just give me a lechture and at the same time pocking my in the nerve part of my sholder blade. It would hert but not for long and it left no marks.
    If any of you parents want to try that out by all means be my guest just do it to your self first. That will let you know how it fells first.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a big difference between disciplining a child and abusing them. When a child will absolutely not behave sometimes they need a little smack on the butt or something but not to where it physically hurts the child, it is only a little attention getter. I am very against child abuse so of coarse I do not want a child harmed by an over reactive parent, but I do think that certain children need to be reminded how to behave.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    If you were caught swinging what ever you have in the house at a child then anyone can call social services have your children taken away and you will be going to court. In Britain even smacking a child is child abuse. You can get sent to court for such as a thing. That is also why I will use smacking as a last resort. There are plenty of ways to discipline a child without using the last resort. Shout or raising your voice is part of showing how dominant you can be. So its mostly like I use that as I don't shout often but I can raise my voice pretty loudly so the child will surly know when I am angry.
    I hit my child so hard when she tried to call social services, the girl dialed 919.
    -Madea, Tyler Perry

kIDS need to be hit. Shouting only gets you so far. Britain...i couldn't raise my child under brit rules. I would do it anyway. Teach your kids respect then you won't have a problem. But if your kids suddenly grow balls or whatever and think they run the show, knock them back in place. A good whoopen is what they need. You all can say uise it as a last resort. That's your opinion. And i respect it. But to me...a child that done something wrong and knows not to do it and you told them before not to needs an A** whoopen. Hitting a child is my method. So whne i have my baby and she acts up like she lost her mind, my leather chanel belt is going to meet her butt
    Last edited by Sazzy; Nov 14, 2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Please remember its Britain not Birtian

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    I hit my child so hard when she tried to call social services, the girl dialed 919.
    -Madea, Tyler Perry

kIDS need to be hit. Shouting only gets you so far. Birtian...i couldn't raise my child under brit rules. I would do it anyway. Teach your kids respect then you won't have a problem. But if your kids suddenly grow balls or whatever and think they run the show, knock them back in place. A good whoopen is what they need. You all can say uise it as a last resort. That's your opinion. And i respect it. But to me...a child that done something wrong and knows not to do it and you told them before not to needs an A** whoopen. Hitting a child is my method. So whne i have my baby and she acts up like she lost her mind, my leather chanel belt is going to meet her butt
    Like I said earlier, "Whoop that ass!!" LOL.

You don't have to break arms or leave marks, just take the belt off for a hot second and apply it to the rear of the kid who's outta line. Hell use your hand if you're afraid of being "too mean" to your kids. But if you don't put your kid in check, they'll walk all over you. I've seen it too many times, while working for the Minneapolis school district. I used to tell kids, "were I your mom or dad, I'd take my belt off." And I'm not lyin' either. I've even asked parents, "Why don't you discipline your kid?? Whoop that ass!!"

My parents did it on me, and I'm--for the most part--an upstanding citizen. Only went to jail once, never will again. Got in to drugs, quit on my own. I know the difference between right and wrong all thanks to the belt! *praise be to the belt* LOL

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Since this topic is sorta getting dull, maybe it's time to throw in another question. Most of us say "I turned out well because I was disciplined as a kid", but could it be that instead of the beating it was just the fact that MOST of us who turned out well are not a product of a broken family?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast