+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: from Childhood to Adulthood (members 18+)

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

from Childhood to Adulthood (members 18+)

After finishing education and taking that first step into true adult live a few things came to my attention along the way. Well it was minus the obvious things they are allowed to do when you reach the age.

During school I tried so hard to fit in and made it my main priority to please everyone around. Making sure they accepted me into their group and trying not to be an outcast. Also action in ways that they wanted, covering up who I really was so no one would reject me. Then when I turned 18 and left for University, it wasn't until then that I came out of my shell and realised that I didn't need to please other people, they should just accept me for who I truly am and not try to change it. If they did try and change the way I acted then will be denying myself the very thing that's makes me who I am, my personality.

Of course the step into adult is never easy and it takes a bit of getting used to but isn't that part of growing up? making mistakes as a child and acting the way we wanted to when we are very young, yet come teenage years and we are look approval from others. When we do finally become an adult our world becomes more complex and there starts the battle for survival and respect. When did anyone say that we HAVE to change our personality and put on face that is expected of everyone? What happened to being accepted for being who you really are? Where did the little child go that was happy playing games, enjoying life to the fullest and having not a care in world?

If you have any views on this then feel free to post. although if members who are not 18 yrs old their posts will be removed. If anyone does see a member who is younger then report the post and it will dealt with.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: from Childhood to Adulthood (members 18+)

I learned after graduation that I didn't have to pretend to be anyone else. People were either going to like me or not. Of course, I do my best to be personable and polite . . . but I am me and enjoy being me too much to fake being someone else (unless I'm acting). My duty now is to (pay the bills, pay my taxes, get my teaching certificate, and) live without regrets.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Becoming a adult means that you take on all the responsibility. All the hassles that you didn't have to deal with before then. You must now think what is for the best instead of what you just want to do. You need to temporarily change who you are in front of some people for the "greater good in your life". But that dosen't mean that you need to lose who your are. You can still be yourself but you now must be conscious of who you do it around. That's why you always hear adults telling kids that they have it easy compaired to them. You can also still enjoy life but you must put other important things first before yourself. It's not really easy at first but it will get better.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

I do get what you are saying fireandice, but I have been thinking that why do we really have to deprive ourselves of the times where we can probably act like a little kid and not get shouted out because its not adult behaviour. For someone like who's personality may seem immature and naive be restricted just because its been told that its not proper to do so. We only get to live this life we have now once, so why can't we live it the way we seem fit and not have to worry about getting told off if we don't do things right all the time.

I find that acting like a kid is relaxing and helps get rid of stress rather to carry the burden of worries all the time and possible be so up tight that it causes a mental breakdown.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    I find that acting like a kid is relaxing and helps get rid of stress rather to carry the burden of worries all the time and possible be so up tight that it causes a mental breakdown.
    We live in a world that's constantly running, 24 hours, 7 days a week . . . going, going, going. We need to remember that life is short. I, for one, will not spend my life behind a desk, shuffling paperwork!

(Isn't it funny how kids try so hard to grow up quickly and then adults try to reclaim their lost childhood?)

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not saying that you don't have to stop acting like a kid. Heck, I still act like it most of the time. You just need to watch who and where your doing it. I mean you get me with some of my close friends and we tend to act like two year olds at times. But you do need to keep it under control when in public or say at work. Though I must admit, even at work I tend to goof off abit more than I should. But I'm not saying not to do it at all, just watch where you do it. I personally don't believe that you should have to change the way your are for other people, but you must give them more respect and show a bit of control when dealing with people that you don't know very well. If you happen to make the wrong person mad it could come back to hurt you in the long run. That's why some people say that you should never burn your bridges because you just may need them again.

Thanks

Devine_punishment - I have always wondered why kids are trying too hard to be treated like an adult and not really realising that being a child is the best years of you life and where you learn the most. Just being able to still experience that is great enough But for people to say I don't want to be a child makes me wonder if its what they really want.

Fireandice - that is true. During University I had to make sure that I only really acted like a child around my friends and out of site from tutors as we could never tell what they are thinking and might even mark us down on bad behaviour. I am just curious I suppose as to why adults are told to act a certain way. Its only soon after we turn 18 that its expected when we still have a few years to grow and mature more into the person we are meant to be.

I for one think I won't ever stop acting the way I do as I know its different from most people I know and for that I am happy to be unique. I know it might not be the attitude to life that most expect but when applying for a job, they expect you to get the job done and met the deadlines, which everyone can do when they put their mind to it. However, with the restrictions on attitude its hard to really be happy with a job where you don't feel comfortable but to be told that your not allowed to be true to your self is some what confusing me. It could just be the artist within me coming through but do you feel the same?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    I for one think I won't ever stop acting the way I do as I know its different from most people I know and for that I am happy to be unique. I know it might not be the attitude to life that most expect but when applying for a job, they expect you to get the job done and met the deadlines, which everyone can do when they put their mind to it. However, with the restrictions on attitude its hard to really be happy with a job where you don't feel comfortable but to be told that your not allowed to be true to your self is some what confusing me. It could just be the artist within me coming through but do you feel the same?
    We are square pumpkins! (Sorry, I read a book to my students about being proud of who we are.)

I hate DEADLINES!!!! (I have two papers due tomorrow . . . Ugh! You can see how responsible I am, immediately rushing off to do them . . . Ha!)

Free expression is important, but then some things would never be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast