+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: from Childhood to Adulthood (members 18+)

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: from Childhood to Adulthood (members 18+)

Well you see that's the trick that you don't know yet. You find something that you love to do, then you find a job that will pay you to do that very thing. If your happy with what you do for a living then you won't have to feel uneasy at work. Though I know most people will say that it's impossible to do, it's not. If most people like what they did for a living there would be less stress on everyone around them. That would also make it easier to be yourself in front of others. This very consept is possible. You just need to find out what it is that you want to do. And do it, the rest will work itself out.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireandice View Post
    Well you see that's the trick that you don't know yet. You find something that you love to do, then you find a job that will pay you to do that very thing. If your happy with what you do for a living then you won't have to feel uneasy at work. Though I know most people will say that it's impossible to do, it's not. If most people like what they did for a living there would be less stress on everyone around them. That would also make it easier to be yourself in front of others. This very consept is possible. You just need to find out what it is that you want to do. And do it, the rest will work itself out.
    I have a job that I love. I just need to get certified and bloody graduate this University! Whoot! Yay for teaching!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been thinking that why do we really have to deprive ourselves of the times where we can probably act like a little kid and not get shouted out because its not adult behavior. For someone like who's personality may seem immature and naive be restricted just because its been told that its not proper to do so. We only get to live this life we have now once, so why can't we live it the way we seem fit and not have to worry about getting told off if we don't do things right all the time.

Those people are just trying to teach you how to behave, seeing it wont be too long and you'll be an adult. So they're just trying to wise you up b4 you reach that stage.

During University I had to make sure that I only really acted like a child around my friends and out of site from tutors as we could never tell what they are thinking and might even mark us down on bad behavior. I am just curious I suppose as to why adults are told to act a certain way. Its only soon after we turn 18 that its expected when we still have a few years to grow and mature more into the person we are meant to be.
    Kinds like before, your young adults now, and they're showing you how to behave and act properly. So when your that full fledged adult you wont look like some Idiot.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i think that college was one of the best things to happen to me...

i became more self sefficient (just a little, but it's something), learned more about myself, improved in certain areas, developed my opinons more, became more sure of my future, and of course... ^_^ got closer to my sweety bun! that's always nice!

but of course, i never really knew what it was like to be a child. not that i was abused or anything, just that everyone was working or at least 10 years older than me when i was a kid. i had friends at school, but becuz of everyone working i couldn't really go for play dates or anything like that (my friends from kindergarden even forgot what i looked like when it was the first day of first grade!) but i digress...

^_^ i don't think you need to be a child again in order to be happy. it all depends on how you choose to see life and the people you choose to share with it. no one has to accept you for who are. that's why good friends are so special, becuz they CHOOSE to like you. elementary/middle/high school is based on popularity. and it's virtually impossible to be popular in college since it's so big with so many people. so yeah...

^_^ i hope that made sense some how!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I am proud to say that I have 2/5 pages of my analysis done!
    ~~~~~~

Hey, I pay my bills, I clean, I teach . . . I'm responsible! I just need to manage my time in a more . . . timely fashion.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I just need to manage my time in a more . . . timely fashion.
    I hear that! I know what ur sayin', man. I've been havin' a hard time managin' my time myself, between all of my doc appointments and watchin' my niece and nephew lately.

@Dancy_SAZ- I was always an outcast when I was a kid, hey kids r kids. Young, immature, and inexperienced, kids always look for ways ta fit in and belong ta somethin'. So they often wear masks, hidin' who they really r; but adults really aren' that much different. We wear masks too, it's jus' that ours r a little more transparent. Adults still try ta impress other adults in a effort ta belong, that's jus' part of human nature, but that doesn' mean that we don' let our hair down. As adults we feel that we can behave more like ourselves, hence the reason why our masks r more transparent. As a kid, I hardly had any friends, but when I became an adult; that changed. When I went ta collage, I had more friends than I knew what ta do wit, but unlike some ppl; I wasn' tryin' ta impress any1. And I don' care what others might say, but evry1 has a little kid inside them that's jus' cryin' ta b let out; so ur not alone on that one. It doesn' hurt ta jus' throw ur inhibitions ta the wind and jus' act like a kid again, evry once inna while. Bein' an adult bears wit it much responsibility, but it also brings wit it alot of freedoms that u never could have as a kid. All I have left ta say is, enjoy ur freedoms no matter what age u r! Take care of ur responsibilities and then enjoy the rest of ur time. U only have 1 life ta live.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

hhhmmmm....to me i was already an adult when i was 12. it's probably how i was raised by my parents who likes to give a very large responsability. for example when my father doesn't want to go on a meeting he sends me as his representative and when i go home, i tell about the meeting and report to him in complete details. i was taught to rely in my own skills because it's the only thing that can save me. sometimes in a party, i was asked to entertain visitors and also asked to join in a conversations with adults mostly lawyers, doctors, and politicians.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I see no gigantic division between childhood and adulthood. We're ~always~ growing and maturing, usually in ways we don't notice until it's become nothing but a distant memory.

I ~feel~ no different at 26 than I did at 16. I've certainly changed... but I don't think I've crossed any magical barriers into adulthood.

I still enjoy fantasy, imagination, games, screwing around and being immature... I just think my job just leaves a lot less time for all of it than before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast