+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are Children Really innocent?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Children Really innocent?

I suppose it depends on the child's background. I like to think that children are pure, innocent. But, if they have s****y parents, then chances are they'll grow to be just as s****y. If you're born in an area where adults could give a crap less about the well being of thier children, then yeah, those kids are gonna pretty much raise themselves and fall into temptation, trials, tribulations and all sorts of criminal acts; therefore losing that purity.

If the child is raised properly, disciplined, taught differences between right and wrong, given attention; then that purity stays in tact. Now, I'm speaking of young children. Teenagers are FAR from innocent, LOL. I should know, I used to be one.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Why/ Why not are we hiding children from realities of the world and Should we be?
    Before a certain age, yes, other then warning them about the dangers like not talking to strangers.

Are children really innocent - why, why not?
    For that you need to understand children's mental development. Basically cognitive thinking, the ability to reason things out and draw conclusions develops around the age of 8 and sometimes 9. Previous to that they learn by rote. That is why jokes like "When is it time to go to the Dentist? Tooth hurty." is so funny to children at that age. They don't really understand the reason for similarities between words like that and think they are funny but adult humor that requires reasoning or drawing your own conclusions are beyond them. At that age they are essentially innocent and only know what they have been taught. But they are taught by everything they see and hear so their environment has a HUGE impact on them. That is why people are so angry at the way society tends to poison the minds of these small children before they even become old enough to understand and reason for themselves what is right and wrong.

What about children who commit serious crimes? Should they get similar punishment to their adult counterparts?
    That depends entirely on their age. If they are young enough then the fault is mostly that of their environment. If you haven't taught someone under the age of 9 what is wrong and they are being told that the other is acceptable the responsibility is not theirs.

However...

If they are old enough and it can be determined that they understood what they were doing and that it was wrong then they should be prosecuted accordingly. That is the legal measure you always have to prove, did the person understand the criminality of their actions? One last thing to realize in sentencing however is the likelihood of rehabilitation. As those under the age of 16 (or thereabouts) have a significantly higher rate of rehabilitation that should also be taken into account. If you take a child out of a bad environment and provide them with the right guidelines the ones who are not simply choosing to do wrong can change.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

They arent innocent. I live near a bunch of kids and they definitely arent innocent. They are as young as ten, talking about "you wont be talking when my dicks in your mouth" and "kiss the bunny between the ears"

Kids lose their virginity as early as 7th grade. As early as 9 years old they're already cussing and talking like their high schoolers.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't agree more with Arrianna with her post, however, lets look at an older age say 10-13ish. Do you think at that age they should suffer punishment similar to their older counterparts? Why is it that an 11 year old boy can be invovled in a serious bashing, yet get away with just a slap on the wrist, when someone ages 18+ goes to jail? are they not human aswell? Does environment really matter, when clearly at that age, they can think for themselves?

I honest think they should suffer serious consequences for their actions, put them in a jail for a while and hopefully it will scare the shite out of them enough that they will never to anything like it again. I'm not saying to put them in a jail with murderers or predators, but maybe a juvenile jail.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

After looking at it like that, i think i change my mind. I dont think kids that young should get tried like that.

The difference is education. 18 year olds had 18 years of experiance. They were taught right from wrong, had the opportunity to better themselves, learn decision making and problem solving skills that can assist them in life. a 10 year old is just barely learning his abcs. (exaggeration)

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Yeah, the younger they are, the less they understand why it's wrong or right. Then again, lock them up in a nice scary place like a jail cell overnight & some of the worse ones might just change their tune.

Another thing you have to consider are the kid themselves. Back in Primary School, years 1-7, plus the first half of 8, I was a terror, far from innocent. Look at me the wrong way, & I'd jump down your throat & pull out your stomach. I was a loner, one minute I'd be happy, the next showing off my inherited temper, the list goes on. They tried punishments (Dad was actually pretty good with the intimidating, but still a good guy), therapy (big waste of money), ADD treatments (YAY DEPRESSION ), but none of it worked. What did work was going to a Natropath (?) & testing for allergies. Pork, sugar, cola, chocolate all came up on the list. Not bad considering my usual meals essentially were high sugar breakfast, thick Nutella sandwiches for lunch, a chocolate cake or chocky bar as a snack, & I loved my roast pork...

My parents forced me to go cold turkey & I changed completely within 2 weeks. I was calmer, my emotions were no longer in control, I didn't fight anymore, I completely changed. Mind you, the withdrawal symptoms were hell. Yes, I quite literally had withdrawal symptoms, going from eating lots of stuff I'm allergic to to none whatsoever. Now, I can enjoy it all again, though I have to watch it or my brain starts exaggerating my emotions a bit.

The point of all that rambling is sometimes innocence can be lost despite your best attempts to keep them on track. Life ain't always fair, so you've gotta do what you can to do your best.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that children up to a certain age are innocent. They cannot grasp what is going on in the world around them no matter how horrible and it should be kept that way for as long as possible. And as far as how books have changed, in what way would you like to introduce your child to the world? With fear that every little thing that they do will make them suffer and others suffer or let them be optimistic that the world can be an amazing place to grow up in with many opportunities to do good such as the heroes created in the books that talk about fairies and knights and such.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

This is kind of a common sense question.
    No children are not as innocent as they are made out to be.
    Five year olds curse like sailors
    My fifth grade cousin is pregnant
    Nine and eight year olds raping people.
    Uhhh.no they are not innocent as people make them out to be.
    Children are curious and mimick what they see. So what they see is what they do and the world, unfortunately, is a nasty cruel place that sets bad examles for children.
    So no children are not as innocent as made up to be

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast