+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Children of Today

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Children of Today

After talking about how children of today are growing up too fast and wanting to be treated like an adult at such young ages, it got me thinking. I remember when I was child and most of my afternoons were spent out side playing with my friend across the street and being more active. Looking at the children today, they have far more things than what I had. Like DS', PSP's, Computers and even televisions all within their bedrooms. I know its good that they get with the times but not at the age of 5 where video games are important to them and they don't know the values of acting like a child.

What do you think about the children of today? any comments are welcome.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Children of Today

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    What do you think about the children of today? any comments are welcome.
    I feel incredibly sorry for the children of today. Very few of them know the value of patience, of a good book, of playing outside. They have difficulties in social situations because they are being raised by the television, by rappers and video games. I am very glad that I grew up when I did.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I feel incredibly sorry for the children of today. Very few of them know the value of patience, of a good book, of playing outside. They have difficulties in social situations because they are being raised by the television, by rappers and video games. I am very glad that I grew up when I did.
    yeah me too, I was more active as a child and its a shame to see that children are more interested in video games and about watching Television. I remember when some TV programs I was banned from watching. That kind of control was good for me, although it didn't seem fair at the time. it still hasn't effected me too much that I turned out like a couch potato.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

The kids today, in my opinion, are spoiled even if they think that they aren’t. They have it good even if they don’t realize it, they have things that a lot of people didn’t have 5- 10 years ago. For most kids they have a TV or computer in their room that they can stay up till all hours of the end of the night on. Granted some of them don’t because they are responsible and know that they need to rest so that they will be able to go to school and/or work the next day. Most of them, however, will stay up to talk to their friends or whatever because well either they think they aren’t tired or they just don’t want to go to bed. What they don’t realize is that doing this effects their brain, growth and the ability to heal themselves. They want to grow up and live like adults, they want the power and freedom that comes with that… but they don’t want the responsibilities. They want to be treated like adults while being a child. They want to do things they want do, talk to whoever, do whatever they choose and they say it’s their life when they don’t get to do these things. Technically it is their life… but until they are 18 the choices they want to make for their life doesn’t apply because it the parents who get to decide what they do. Basically, the parents own their life until they are 18 and considered adults in the eyes of the law. Another thing is that they have less responsibilities. Whether they agree with it or not the parents do a lot for the kids now a days. So my opinion is that they are spoiled.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah im glad too I was rased the way I was. At school (up till high school) I spent my time reading, writing, studing and had fun the whole afternoon playing with my friends "outside" (not online) till we all heard the call from ower moms DINNER!!! Now its " save you game and lets go to jack in the box and get something to eat. Has anyone realy seen a home cooked meal latley.
    Kids today don't see that everything they do is going to shape there life and its sad what its looking like.
    Theres times I miss my childhood because I don't see it in any of these kids today.
    Computers and video games are cool and all but kids spend to much time on them.
    I mean look at my post count and look how long iv been here.... see im not on all the time. I do it just to kill time when its late or when im waiting for my next class to start.
    I bet theres some kid whos past me in less time cuz he spends all his/her time on there computer, go out and get some air!
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to go ahead and defend the kids. In my opinion, kids have just as much problems to deal with as we did when we were younger. This is exactly the same way how a parent would think how great it would be to be a kid again, and the kid wishing he would be an adult. As a matter of fact they might have even more problem than us. Bullying in my mind has gotten a lot worse, poor diet and all the chemicals in everyday products are causing kids to hit puberty faster, and all the technology is a curse for them because that is the new measuring stick for how cool you are.

The problem lies with the adults (us) and parents. Everyone complains about how wild kids are but then they don't want to discipline them. Kids don't magically become good citizens. Schools can't do this, can't do that. Beating a kid is one thing, but no discipline? That's weird.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and defend the kids. In my opinion, kids have just as much problems to deal with as we did when we were younger. This is exactly the same way how a parent would think how great it would be to be a kid again, and the kid wishing he would be an adult. As a matter of fact they might have even more problem than us. Bullying in my mind has gotten a lot worse, poor diet and all the chemicals in everyday products are causing kids to hit puberty faster, and all the technology is a curse for them because that is the new measuring stick for how cool you are.

The problem lies with the adults (us) and parents. Everyone complains about how wild kids are but then they don't want to discipline them. Kids don't magically become good citizens. Schools can't do this, can't do that. Beating a kid is one thing, but no discipline? That's weird.
    That is a good point maybe the parents are too blame. I for one when I become a parent would want my child to have a good childhood and I will be there for them but I do draw the line at getting over spoiled and they would get disciplined, like my parents did when I was child.

I think as people grow older they begin to use the same techniques that their parents used, goes down the generations. Although as children we didn't like it but as we get older we realise the value of using discipline.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the Children of Today, [Including myself; 15] were brought up the wrong way, As stated before. With Video Games, and other suches. I still read nowadays, but I honestly never go out of my house unless it's school, Hockey, Karate, or Material Possesion wise. Something That'll benefit myself I guess you could say. I have more feelings towards myself, and not any towards many of the other people. Video games, although influenical, I don't think they control us. It's kinda like a substitute for reading, y'know? Because it can be more entertaining and hands-on, yeah? Because of all the new inventions, they provide substitutes for the things "adults" were brought up on such as Radio and books.

I also think that our current "War" has added influence to people in general. I think it's made people more stiff with goverment and such, And my dad says that now "all the countries hate us for what we're doing" so I think that may add to the hate, distaste, or misjudgment of children today.

Finally, I think music is quite crucial to people as well. If you listen to cussing, sexually orientated and partying music, it'll affect you. I think all music can affect you somehow. It does to me, a teenager. It controls my mood. Likewise, I think it control people's emotions, thoughts, and what they do in their lifetimes.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast