+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: China and the olympics

Otaku rajendran is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: China and the olympics

HEY PEOPLE.... it doesn't matter which country is hosting it man... all it matters is whether the country has the CAPABILITIES to host the games...
    that's what the IOC looks at... they don't look at the background of the host country... but rather the country's ability to host the games and make it successful and eventful for every participant and visitor alike...

the damn tibetians just used this chance to their advantage and tried to either 1) gain attention of the ppl of other countries.. expecially reporters, or
    2) just took plain advantage of the situation because they know china cannot be harsh on them in the midst of the games when there are plenty of ppl from other countries in every corner of beijing and around the games, so they thought that china would be in a pinch and that china would have to show its 'good' side and solve their problems so as to not lose face to the foreigners

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rajendran For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Sep 29, 2008)

Otaku Heavenhanced may be famous one day Heavenhanced may be famous one day
    Thanks

China was not capacitated to run Olimpyc Games. having a tip near the glorious stadium is not good for anyone.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rajendran View Post
    HEY PEOPLE.... it doesn't matter which country is hosting it man... all it matters is whether the country has the CAPABILITIES to host the games...
    that's what the IOC looks at... they don't look at the background of the host country... but rather the country's ability to host the games and make it successful and eventful for every participant and visitor alike...

the damn tibetians just used this chance to their advantage and tried to either 1) gain attention of the ppl of other countries.. expecially reporters, or
    2) just took plain advantage of the situation because they know china cannot be harsh on them in the midst of the games when there are plenty of ppl from other countries in every corner of beijing and around the games, so they thought that china would be in a pinch and that china would have to show its 'good' side and solve their problems so as to not lose face to the foreigners

Yes to the olympics themselves it does almost no actual damage or difference, but to us thepeople it gives us someting to talk about as well as sheds some light on a country we did not know very well to begin with. Whether or not china CAN host the olympics is not very disagreable, wheter they SHOULD is very different. Personally though i enjoy the fact that they put it in china because it brought me to realize that one of the fastest industrial growing nations (who might soon become the superpower if the U.S. keeps going into it's recession) is in fact quite conservative and not a democracy in the true sense of the word. They are too controlling when it comes to their people. They might have a excellent foreing relations policy but when it comes to thier own rights, they are not to the standars of the countries who usually monopolize the olympics. The incident with the young singing girl, the strict anti-protest policies they have within thier own boundaries, the incident with the young girl in the gymnastic catagory not to mention other minor incidents leaves us wondering. What will happen when they come to full power and have the abilty to influence the whole world?
    every rose has a thorn

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually their foreign relations policies are not that great especially when compared to other nations. Now I will admit that they are very active in world affairs, how ever they also tend to drag their feet on a lot of even little issues that are not that big of a deal. Also as you said, they are not Democratic in the sense of the word like say the US, UK, and Germany for example but just "democratic" enough so that they have a free market that allows them to do triad with other courtiers to keep their economy from crumbling and to allow it to grow because before they allowed a free market, they were in a lot of finical trouble. As I would like to thank the fact that some one understood what I was talking about them hosting the games. That just because you could doesn't mean you should, but allowing them to do so showed a glimpse of how hard they are on their people and their neighbors and it was all on public display. Some people can say "well yeah that's harsh but over all not to bad as people make it out to be"... Well just imagine how harsh they would be if their were no cameras on them and all that went on. They are a dictator ship after all. I kind of had a feeling that to allow them to host the games was kind of swayed for political reasons to allow for more open talks that China couldn't just say no to like they normally would. But as for the games them selves I can easily admit I enjoyed watching.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned git745 is off to a good start
    Thanks

the olypics should be held different places every 4years and nobody should try and put out the olypic torch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4