Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Christians and Anime/Manga

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Christians and Anime/Manga

no i dont belive that im a Christian and i know im not ament to belive in getin my fortne told ect or read my stars ect but i do it anyways ( cant get my fortne told to im 18 tho T_T) so no i dont belive it would gel with my religion ....or really anyother .... but i dont understand alot about them but i try to ^^

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I do have to put the persecutions of Christians in perspective here. There have been more and more gruesome persecutions of Christians in other places throughout history. Japan had a violent spike of Christian persecution of course but it wasn't that long or bad when you put it in perspective.
    Christianity was banned rather early on in the game, which prevented a much larger death toll by virtue of only a very small segment of the population having been converted in the first place. That said, after the Shimabara Rebellion, it did degenerate into a full-scale inquisition and massacre in which those regions that were heavily Christian (Kyuushuu especially) saw the total destruction of villages and clans based only on their beliefs.

Ironically, it wasn't fear of the religion that sparked the violence against Christians: but fear of the foreign influence religion was seen as holding the door open for.

Reguardless of the number of those affected, the purge of Christianity in Japan is still one of the most ~successful~ in history. Christianity is virtually unheard of in most parts of Japan today... though a majority of practicing Christians live in the south (Shikoku and Kyuushu) where many of their families had been hiding their religion for hundreds of years.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Haha, successful indeed. Also interesting is how the underground Christianity in Japan got its own different style and beliefs over time.
    But I'm going off topic here...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm... well, being a Christian, i see it as thier way of life...

there's nothing i can do to change their beliefs, and i don't think they should be forced on anyone... Jesus didn;t force anyone to their knees, He simply called and they answered. He spoke, and people listened; the choice was ultimately up to people. so the fact they're not Christian doesn't make me want to stop watching the story... it just makes me wonder why people have a big problem with it... but that's something else all together...

^_^

Newbie Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that anime and manga is just a form of entertainment. It shouldn't be taken so seriously that you start to bash it because of its differences between another culture and your own religion. I will say that I'm a very big christian and I am ok with this stuff. It gives you a chance to see what other cultures are like and what the religion that they practice is like. If you are not mature enough to be able to watch anime and read mangas without it having a big effect on your faith, then don't watch or read. You have a choice in the matter.

Manga - my anti-drug because when your addicted to manga how can you possibly afford drugs??

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2