+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes (Or: "Squares for Squares?")

Newbie lordofbaka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Cigarettes (Or: "Squares for Squares?")

i dont smoke, but i sincerly(thats the why you write that?) think that somking is not that horrible, im only 14 years old but i have a few smoking friends, personelly i cant stand the thought that smoke will go in my lums, but there are worse then smoking, its better the drugs, gress or stuff like that, there are many things much more deadly the cigs, its not healthy of course, but its not an instent killer.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now this would be true if only smokers suffered the effects of tobacco smoking. But when you consider the issue of both environmental contamination, (as the EPA classifies tobacco product spills as TOXIC WASTE incidents bad enough to require Haz-Mat suits), and the second hand smoke effects on innocent non-smokers, then this becomes a totally different matter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Right you are Mr. Miyata. Not only is second hand smoke annoying, it's very poisonous too.
    And I understand that completely. It's not like I INTENTIONALLY smoke around non-smokers. But, on occasion, it happens. I try to respect their non-smoking ways, I'll move away from them if they complain, but the television just makes their bitching so much worse.

In fact, a few days ago, I was watching the commercial where the old man is tryin' to get his grandkid to walk to him and as the kid starts walking the mom says, "Good job! I wish Grandpa was here to see this..." And the old man looks all sad and miserable when he starts to fade in to nothingness...

I HATE THAT!! But it gets worse. As the commercial comes on, I'm smoking a cigarette and I get complained to by one of my roomies--who is a non-smoker--sitting in the smoking sector of the house! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? If the people around me are gonna remind me that I'm killing myself and others, why does the media have to try to make me feel guilty?

Newbie lordofbaka is off to a good start
    Thanks

becuse its govermentel work(did i wrote that right?). theire trying to look as much as healty as possibley, where do you live? becuse where i live(a country well known in media) there is not much pressure from the goverment on ppl to stop smoking, its just that they have much importnt problems, anti smoking movements are mostly citizen build by, its just pracpactive.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordofbaka View Post
    becuse its govermentel work(did i wrote that right?). theire trying to look as much as healty as possibley, where do you live? becuse where i live(a country well known in media) there is not much pressure from the goverment on ppl to stop smoking, its just that they have much importnt problems, anti smoking movements are mostly citizen build by, its just pracpactive.
    Really? Where do you live? If I wasn't quitting, I'd move wherever you are, LOL. No, seriously though, most of the anti-smoking ads/campaigns aren't even from the government. They want Big Tobacco's tax money. >_< Our anti-smoking ads are pretty much for and by the public. And insurance companies, can't forget about good ol' blue cross.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking is a filthy habit. I find that I am a stress smoker at best. I havent smoked in months, and when I do, Its because I am having company who smokes. Or I've smoked to calm myself in crisis. And lately, even when a crisis has arised, I've managed to go without. For some reason, there is a part of me that wants to please others. I would NEVER smoke in my home, but when friends come over who smoke. I dont make them go outside. (How stupid of me.)

I think It makes you smell bad. And its unfair to people around you. Hell, Its unfair to people who are going to be where you were... even after you leave...
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I personally think that the commercials are a real pain and on the other hand I am not taking anything from it. The way society is turning against the smokers these days is getting worse and worse and you really can't light a fag anywhere without someone telling you it's so bad for your health. I almost have the feeling I should hide and smoke on my own to not be confronted with it XD

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Smoking is a filthy habit. I find that I am a stress smoker at best. I havent smoked in months, and when I do, Its because I am having company who smokes. Or I've smoked to calm myself in crisis. And lately, even when a crisis has arised, I've managed to go without. For some reason, there is a part of me that wants to please others. I would NEVER smoke in my home, but when friends come over who smoke. I dont make them go outside. (How stupid of me.)

I think It makes you smell bad. And its unfair to people around you. Hell, Its unfair to people who are going to be where you were... even after you leave...
    I don't understand how smoking calms people down when they're stressed because it's a narcotic (it excites people) But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do but I'm allergic to at least three of the chemicals in cigarette smoke so please stay away from me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhoge View Post
    Well, I personally think that the commercials are a real pain and on the other hand I am not taking anything from it. The way society is turning against the smokers these days is getting worse and worse and you really can't light a fag anywhere without someone telling you it's so bad for your health. I almost have the feeling I should hide and smoke on my own to not be confronted with it XD
    ahhh I'm curious where you're from it's een a while since I heard someone call a smoke a fag. The government only cracks down on them so hard so that they have an excuse to raise the prices on them... it's reverse psychology... They say "No! You can't have that it's bad for you" at the same time they know that just by telling you that you can't have it will make you want it more... and therefor they can raise prices and make a few more dollars a second off of people who are enslaved by their addictions. (I'm sorry if that's a harsh way of putting it but eventhough you spend most of your time looking at a picture with a range of colors sometimes putting it in black and white can help you distinguish somethings better... I'm not saying that that's how things are for you but the governtment honestly doesn't care about my problems or your problems only thier own most of the time unless it benefits them like the false anti smoking front.)
    Eventhough I've been harsh on people about smoking my entire life it's only to preserve my own life because I'm at the point where a breath of ciggy smoke is fatal. I think that people can do whatever the hell that they want tho I mean it's their life (for now) you might as well enjoy it while you can right!? I let all my friends know that I don't have anything against them for smoking, I'd just appreciate it if you'd keep it away from me thank you.

... and join my rebellion against time.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i would have to say i do agree that their should be more campaigns against coak and week and all that but i think that alot of the campaigns are for kids. So that they see what smoking can do to them.

but i do see what you are saying.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast