+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    ahaha I have that but I'm starting to developintuition too for example when a group of my friends are deciding who's going to go first for a rediculous bet and are pulling names out of a hat I could tell you the order. Also I noticed that when I walk into a room full of people and someone asks how many people are in there I can give the exact number minus one (I always say thatI forgot to count myself because I think that's what it is) but it works even if there are 859 people in a conference hall (that's my highest so far) I dunno if it's because I actually have this gift that few people have or if it's a highly active subconcious that makes calculations at such a fast pace that it's capable of predicting events before they happen.)
    either way it's cool and yet very creepy at the same time.
    You aren't the only bro lol. Except mine is more dealing with cards and telling if someone is going to hit something playing darts or not. lol

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I do get the thought ESP does exist. But...like Atomik, those Psychics who claim to solve crimes or those "Call me and I'll use my Psychic-ness to help!" are skeptical to me. I just don't buy it. I've had a few run ins with this, I say we all have it. Personally to me we all have abilities like this (To an extent not how it's always shown on T.V or books...hope you get what I'm saying). I know if I could openly and freely do it at will, unlike the on occasions I get, I'd be doing it only for myself.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    I do get the thought ESP does exist. But...like Atomik, those Psychics who claim to solve crimes or those "Call me and I'll use my Psychic-ness to help!" are skeptical to me. I just don't buy it. I've had a few run ins with this, I say we all have it. Personally to me we all have abilities like this (To an extent not how it's always shown on T.V or books...hope you get what I'm saying). I know if I could openly and freely do it at will, unlike the on occasions I get, I'd be doing it only for myself.
    Agreed. I personally think that everyone has it to a certain extent. But as we all know, humans can only use a small percentage of thier brain. Were we able to use--say 75%--we would have no need for a telephone if ya catch my drift.

Each person has his/her own amount of capability to use ESP. Some have predictive dreams, some can finish other's sentences and some can say, "Hey, don't go across the street," and save someone from gettin' hit by a bus! (No lie! I've seen it!) But as far as solving crimes and profiling criminals is concerned, I'd leave that to REAL detectives.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that Clairvoyancy and ESP r similar, but different. Permit me ta explain, I believe that those that r clairvoyant can predict the most likely case scenario of a possible outcome; i.e like Nostradamus. This would explain why it is that some of their predictions do not come ta pass, yet I feel that this is different from ESP. ESP is more of a gut-feelin' that somethin' has or is about ta happen and isn' really a prediction, it's more like a connection wit an event that often involves some1 that the person shares some bond wit. A good example would b my mom, it was after my dad had gotten out of the army and we were flyin' ta Sandusky, Ohio; my dad's hometown. On the way, my mom told my dad that we were gonna move inta a house, when we had gotten there, that would eventually catch fire. She had told my dad that she had this strong feelin' that it was gonna happen. Sure enough, not much later, we had a fire in the very house that she claimed that we would have the fire. My mom had this feelin' 'cause it involved her family, ppl that she shared a bond wit. Now this isn' ta b confused wit other things such as telepathy, psychic abilities, or "speakin' wit the dead," I feel that these r different (Possible) abilities apart from, but yet similar to, ESP.

I do believe that ESP exists, I've experienced it from my mother and grandmother; and now I believe that my sis may have it too. I, myself, have had what some call a "dream prediction," I dreamt certain events that came true. I can' explain it and I dunno that if I ever could.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't claim in any way to have any sort of detective abilities or anything like that... (even detectives need proof) what I'm saying is more along the lines of maybe ESP and clairvoyance aren't as mystical as everyone makes them out to be... I mean isn't it possible for a person to be so active mentally that their mind starts to develope a sort of ability to calculate things in advance? I know that whatever it is that I have that I'm not in control of it at all and I even find it annoying and limiting sometimes but there has to be an explaination for it... at least there always has been for everything else that people claim to be impossible.
    I totally know what you mean by being able to tell the outcomes of things before they happen and i think it's the brain doing some rediculously fast calculations. The farther in time and the greater number of possibilities are from more calculations and everyone has a limit. However it's not like we can think well he's throwing the dart at this elevation and the pressure in the room is... and so on like the guy off of Numbers (a tv show with a really smart detective that my friends keep telling me to watch) but I think that it's done on a subconcious level.
    Either that or we were exposed to our lives before we were born then we passed through a veil and lost all memory of a previous life and the plan for this one but now the veil is weakening and the last battle (armageddon as described relegiously) is about to break out.
    'm semi-partial to both... but you decide.
    As for this forum I'm done here so if you have any further questions hunt me down and send me a comment.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I believe that Clairvoyancy and ESP r similar, but different. Permit me ta explain, I believe that those that r clairvoyant can predict the most likely case scenario of a possible outcome; i.e like Nostradamus. This would explain why it is that some of their predictions do not come ta pass, yet I feel that this is different from ESP. ESP is more of a gut-feelin' that somethin' has or is about ta happen and isn' really a prediction, it's more like a connection wit an event that often involves some1 that the person shares some bond wit. A good example would b my mom, it was after my dad had gotten out of the army and we were flyin' ta Sandusky, Ohio; my dad's hometown. On the way, my mom told my dad that we were gonna move inta a house, when we had gotten there, that would eventually catch fire. She had told my dad that she had this strong feelin' that it was gonna happen. Sure enough, not much later, we had a fire in the very house that she claimed that we would have the fire. My mom had this feelin' 'cause it involved her family, ppl that she shared a bond wit. Now this isn' ta b confused wit other things such as telepathy, psychic abilities, or "speakin' wit the dead," I feel that these r different (Possible) abilities apart from, but yet similar to, ESP.

I do believe that ESP exists, I've experienced it from my mother and grandmother; and now I believe that my sis may have it too. I, myself, have had what some call a "dream prediction," I dreamt certain events that came true. I can' explain it and I dunno that if I ever could.
    I can agree with you on that, with the differences between clairvoyancy and ESP. I also agree with the idea of things such as telepathy, speaking with and/or seeing the dead, telekenesis to be seperate abilities not to be confused with ESP. (But maybe evolved from it?)

Here's a story for ya:

When my middle finger itches, bad things happen. I can feel it in my gut. It drives me up the wall. One time, I was throwing darts with a friend and I told him, "My finger itches. Something bad is in the air, I might lose this game." Well, I won; so it wasn't that. My finger was still itching, and I couldn't figure out what it could be that's wrong. I just knew something was wrong. Then I got this gut feeling to call my son's mother, "Maybe it'll stop my finger from itching," I thought.

I ignored the feeling for about a day. Long story short, I get home from work the next day--finger still itching--and jump on my phone. I call her, she picks up. I explained to her about my middle finger being the signal of doom and I asked her if my son was okay. She says, "He is, but his brother and I aren't." Come to find out she ended up fighting to defend her other son (to summarize the whole incident, for privacy's sake).

I was suprised as hell! ...But my finger stopped itching, LOL.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I can agree with you on that, with the differences between clairvoyancy and ESP. I also agree with the idea of things such as telepathy, speaking with and/or seeing the dead, telekenesis to be seperate abilities not to be confused with ESP. (But maybe evolved from it?)
    It's possible that they r evolved forms of ESP, they do share similar traits. I was watchin' Ghost Hunters one day and they were investigatin' a ghost who was hauntin' a teenager, of whom, they believed was her mother. Now they had mentioned somethin' that made some sense, while investigatin'; they mentioned that they believed that the hauntings weren' really so much as hauntings as they were poltergeists and that scientists, and therorists, believe that poltergeists aren' ghostly manifestations; but rather they r caused, inadvertantly, by a person who had suffered a severly tramatic event in their lives. That the emotions of that event trigger some kind of energtic response that manifests itself as ghostly apparitions. In the case of the teen, the various noises, objects movin', lights turnin' on, etc. were bein' caused; inadvertantly; by the teen, all caused by the emotions of losin' her mother. Some paranormal investigators believe that "poltergeistism" may be a form of sub-conscious telekinesis. I wonder, maybe things like ESP, telepathy, or telekinesis could be controlled through our emotions, maybe our emotions r the key ta unlockin' such abilities? If so, wouldn' that mean that we would have ta embrace our instincts, rather than reject them? Ta even embrace our darkest of emotions? Jus' a thought.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Well, I'm gonna have to stand amongst the believers. My Mum's side of the family always were magnets for weird stuff, & my family is no exception.

I guess one of the best examples I can think of is when I got my lovely scar on my left forearm, extending from my elbow then around my arm. I was riding my deadly treadily to go pick up my sister from school, traveling along a 1KM uninterrupted strip of footpath with houses on the side. As I went past a house with a high wall all around, a car reversed out of the driveway directly after the wall, about 2m (roughly 78 inches) in front of me. With only time to register the car, I slammed into hard, shattering the rear window with my left elbow & fracturing the entire frame of my bike. Looking at my arm, I could see each layer of my arm. Not the best condition to be in.

After much running around & panicking from the driver, we went to a local doctors office only to be told to go to hospital. We stopped in at my Dad's work which was along the way to tell him what's happened, then went & got the 30 stitches that made my scar. Still got the things too...*looks at specimen jar holding all 30 stitches*

Thing is, though she was the last to be told, my Mum was the first to know. She knew from the moment I got hit. & that's not the first freaky thing to happen to those related to my Mum's side. Let's just say it takes a lot to weird mt out...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast