+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 38

Thread: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

  1. #25
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    It's possible that they r evolved forms of ESP, they do share similar traits. I was watchin' Ghost Hunters one day and they were investigatin' a ghost who was hauntin' a teenager, of whom, they believed was her mother. Now they had mentioned somethin' that made some sense, while investigatin'; they mentioned that they believed that the hauntings weren' really so much as hauntings as they were poltergeists and that scientists, and therorists, believe that poltergeists aren' ghostly manifestations; but rather they r caused, inadvertantly, by a person who had suffered a severly tramatic event in their lives. That the emotions of that event trigger some kind of energtic response that manifests itself as ghostly apparitions. In the case of the teen, the various noises, objects movin', lights turnin' on, etc. were bein' caused; inadvertantly; by the teen, all caused by the emotions of losin' her mother. Some paranormal investigators believe that "poltergeistism" may be a form of sub-conscious telekinesis. I wonder, maybe things like ESP, telepathy, or telekinesis could be controlled through our emotions, maybe our emotions r the key ta unlockin' such abilities? If so, wouldn' that mean that we would have ta embrace our instincts, rather than reject them? Ta even embrace our darkest of emotions? Jus' a thought.
    That could be very well true. I can believe that the possibility of poltergeists being made form mental energy is acceptable. I mean it makes more sense than building a house on an ancient burial ground or some wierd crap like that. LOL. About our emotions though, I wouldn't say embrace them too much. One who relies soley on emotion cannot think logically, in my opionion. I think anger could trigger alot of paranormal brain activity as well. I've seen some people get super pissed to the point where pics on the wall shake. But that could be from thier mind or the fact that they keep stomping on the ground. ^_^

    But it is possible that our darkest emotions are the most powerful. I couldn't imagine love being the type of emotion to trigger someone's brain to be able to move things or create ghostly apparitions, LOL.

    Oh, man I just seen the funniest thing. I complete this post and when I look at the next ad that comes up it says: "Free live psychic reading" LMAO. Every time I think of those readings I think of that fraud Ms. Cleo. *does crappy Jamacian voice* "Call me now!! Lord'a mercy!!"
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Jan 13, 2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: I just noticed the funniest thing


  2. #26
    Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    But it is possible that our darkest emotions are the most powerful. I couldn't imagine love being the type of emotion to trigger someone's brain to be able to move things or create ghostly apparitions, LOL.
    I'll agree with the darkest emotions are powerful indeed, but love can also provide power too. Never heard of Mothers lifting cars to save their kids? People can be rather inspired to do stuff to help their loved ones, possibly supernatural things even. I've heard of ghost of people trying to find their loved ones, forever stuck in the loop of failure. Pretty sad that kinda thing really.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

    Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

  3. #27
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    I'll agree with the darkest emotions are powerful indeed, but love can also provide power too. Never heard of Mothers lifting cars to save their kids? People can be rather inspired to do stuff to help their loved ones, possibly supernatural things even. I've heard of ghost of people trying to find their loved ones, forever stuck in the loop of failure. Pretty sad that kinda thing really.
    I can agree with that, but there isn't enough love in the world for that to happen on a semi-regular basis. Yeah, people will do damn near anything for those they love, but the number of people one dislikes or hates greatly outnumbers the amount of people they love or consider family.

    I have heard, however, of incidents when people have done extreme things to save/help those they love (cats and dogs included, LOL), but the number of extreme things related to anger and such probably outweigh them. Anger is a powerful emotion, which is why people are usually advised or taught to control their tempers. Anger can destroy the very planet. Love is what keeps it whole.


  4. #28
    Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the end, it doesn' really matter.
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I can agree with that, but there isn't enough love in the world for that to happen on a semi-regular basis. Yeah, people will do damn near anything for those they love, but the number of people one dislikes or hates greatly outnumbers the amount of people they love or consider family.

    I have heard, however, of incidents when people have done extreme things to save/help those they love (cats and dogs included, LOL), but the number of extreme things related to anger and such probably outweigh them. Anger is a powerful emotion, which is why people are usually advised or taught to control their tempers. Anger can destroy the very planet. Love is what keeps it whole.
    Love is a very powerful, creative force; but it can also destroy. Don' forget the lesson of Troy, atomik; but I agree wit u, there aren' too many supernatural occurences out there that were caused by love. Goin' back ta what I stated earlier; I wasn' necessarily sayin' that we should live on emotion alone in order ta control such abilities, but rather try and control our emotions ta such an extent as ta cause such manifestations of powers (such as telekinesis, telepathy, etc.) and control them. I feel that those wit such abilities use them sub-conciously and w/o any real control over them. That's why that, even though they r useful, they r unreliable tools and we can' always use them inna pinch. Yet, I feel that, if ppl who have these abilities (I don' believe that evry1 has them) could control the root cause of the manifestation of these abilities; mankind could benefit very well from them.

    Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

  5. #29
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Love is a very powerful, creative force; but it can also destroy. Don' forget the lesson of Troy, atomik; but I agree wit u, there aren' too many supernatural occurences out there that were caused by love. Goin' back ta what I stated earlier; I wasn' necessarily sayin' that we should live on emotion alone in order ta control such abilities, but rather try and control our emotions ta such an extent as ta cause such manifestations of powers (such as telekinesis, telepathy, etc.) and control them. I feel that those wit such abilities use them sub-conciously and w/o any real control over them. That's why that, even though they r useful, they r unreliable tools and we can' always use them inna pinch. Yet, I feel that, if ppl who have these abilities (I don' believe that evry1 has them) could control the root cause of the manifestation of these abilities; mankind could benefit very well from them.
    I totally agree with you. While not everyone has those qualities, we may be albe to one day control them. Those who have a certain degree of foresight should train hard at that ability to be able to use it when they feel they have to. Not just when they are asleep (I've been trying). Those who get pissy and move sh*t on the table, should learn to control that manifestation of thier anger in order to use it for good (be it the good of the planet or simply themselves).

    BTW, good point about Troy. I suppose love can destroy just as much as anger can, huh? In fact much anger is spawned from love, which is irony at it's best. LOL.


  6. #30
    Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Practice using supernatural powers? Interesting.

    *starts trying to lift objects with mind*

    *family calls ambulance about burst blood vein in neck*



    If you have a talent, it would be worth your while to practice with it, it's just a question of how do you train, & how could you tell if it was working. Sure, with something like moving stuff it's obvious, but what if it's something without an obvious result? Say, someone who could sense something's wrong with a family member. I can't really think of a way to train that unfortunately.

    By all means, train yourself to use your skills to the best of your abilities, it's just some skills are harder to train than others...

    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

    Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

  7. #31
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Practice using supernatural powers? Interesting.

    *starts trying to lift objects with mind*

    *family calls ambulance about burst blood vein in neck*



    If you have a talent, it would be worth your while to practice with it, it's just a question of how do you train, & how could you tell if it was working. Sure, with something like moving stuff it's obvious, but what if it's something without an obvious result? Say, someone who could sense something's wrong with a family member. I can't really think of a way to train that unfortunately.

    By all means, train yourself to use your skills to the best of your abilities, it's just some skills are harder to train than others...

    That is a damn good question!!

    How would you be able to train those kinds of ablilities?? For example:

    Let's say you can see things in the future when you dream. Like, it happens a couple days after you have the dream. Now, this has been goin' on for ages and it's becoming more and more accurate each night you go to sleep. Now let's say that you want to be able to use that ability when you're awake... Where would you even start practicing??

    I suppose meditating would help. But that's the only solution I have so far. LOL. I guess you could just take random naps when you want to see the future.

    I wouldn't mind bein' able to move stuff with my mind. I bet that would be an easier thing to accomplish than training to predict the future. You ever wonder how those publicly, self-proclaimed 'psychics' do it? How did they "master" their "abilities"?


  8. #32
    Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the end, it doesn' really matter.
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    That is a damn good question!!

    How would you be able to train those kinds of ablilities?? For example:

    Let's say you can see things in the future when you dream. Like, it happens a couple days after you have the dream. Now, this has been goin' on for ages and it's becoming more and more accurate each night you go to sleep. Now let's say that you want to be able to use that ability when you're awake... Where would you even start practicing??

    I suppose meditating would help. But that's the only solution I have so far. LOL. I guess you could just take random naps when you want to see the future.

    I wouldn't mind bein' able to move stuff with my mind. I bet that would be an easier thing to accomplish than training to predict the future. You ever wonder how those publicly, self-proclaimed 'psychics' do it? How did they "master" their "abilities"?
    Those r called dream predictions and I've had those. U have a dream 'bout a certain event and then 1 day when it happens, u filled wit an overwhelmin' sense of deja-vu and the pieces all fall inta place when u remember the dream. That's why when I have dreams, I try ta remember them and I also tell other ppl; so that way when it does happen, I'm not the only 1 feelin' deja-vu.

    But like I said 'fore, controllin' such abilities would b difficult, even self-proclaimed "psychics" can' fully control their abilities, but; rather; they can only ta a certain extent. That's one of the reasons why it's so difficult ta tell the difference between the "fake" and the "real" ones. I suppose any trainin' needed ta control such abilities would require trainin' that follows the same basic premise as martial arts. Usin' the trainin' ta gain enough discipline ta control one's abilities on the instinctual level, where reaction and control comes naturally. I suppose that's where one could start, if one could gauge one's own instinct and train very hard ta open one's own sub-conscious; then instill discipline within one's own sub-conscious, then I guess that it's possible for one ta control these abilities. Who knows?

    Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2007, 05:32 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 11, 2006, 01:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts