+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: Clairvoyance (Or "ESP ain't a sports channel!")

Actually, that could work, the Martial Arts thing. Take up Martial Arts of some kind, learn how to focus your mind & body that way, then pass that training on to your abilities. Mind you, that won't be the only thing you have to do though. You'll still have to figure out how to perfect your ability, the Martial Arts would just add focus to your training.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Actually, that could work, the Martial Arts thing. Take up Martial Arts of some kind, learn how to focus your mind & body that way, then pass that training on to your abilities. Mind you, that won't be the only thing you have to do though. You'll still have to figure out how to perfect your ability, the Martial Arts would just add focus to your training.

Well if you look at it that way, then you can call Clairvoyance/ESP a form of using your Chi. Martial artists learn to use Chi during their training. Chi is the energy that gives life to the universe; much like 'The Force'. You can look at telekenesis--for example--as either using molecules in the surrounding environment to move things or you can look at it as using Chi to hurl objects at people.

Chi is used in Qui Gong as a sort of medical practice. It provides a natural form of pain killer, can heal certain injuries and strengthen your skin/bones to withstand hard blows. It takes much focus to utilize these techniques, just like clairvoyancy/ESP.

I think that the two may be one in the same, in my opinion.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Well if you look at it that way, then you can call Clairvoyance/ESP a form of using your Chi. Martial artists learn to use Chi during their training. Chi is the energy that gives life to the universe; much like 'The Force'. You can look at telekenesis--for example--as either using molecules in the surrounding environment to move things or you can look at it as using Chi to hurl objects at people.

Chi is used in Qui Gong as a sort of medical practice. It provides a natural form of pain killer, can heal certain injuries and strengthen your skin/bones to withstand hard blows. It takes much focus to utilize these techniques, just like clairvoyancy/ESP.

I think that the two may be one in the same, in my opinion.
    It's very possible, no one really knows the exact region of the brain that controls these skills and whose ta say that this isn' the same region that controls "chi." Perhaps physical and mental trainin' may allow for more precise control over these abilities and martial-arts may provide a basis of discipline ta "open the door," so ta speak, ta allow for this control.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    It's very possible, no one really knows the exact region of the brain that controls these skills and whose ta say that this isn' the same region that controls "chi." Perhaps physical and mental trainin' may allow for more precise control over these abilities and martial-arts may provide a basis of discipline ta "open the door," so ta speak, ta allow for this control.
    You wanna sign up for Karate with me?

I agree with you. I think I'll have to finish reading the book I'm borrowing from 59wayz. It's called 'Be Like Water'. I can't remember who it's by, I'll have to go and grab the book. But it's really good. The author speaks on knowing your surroundings better through the use of chi and other various uses, such as reflex timing and dealing with people (while using chi). Very good book so far. ^_^

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you. I think I'll have to finish reading the book I'm borrowing from 59wayz. It's called 'Be Like Water'. I can't remember who it's by, I'll have to go and grab the book. But it's really good. The author speaks on knowing your surroundings better through the use of chi and other various uses, such as reflex timing and dealing with people (while using chi). Very good book so far. ^_^
    I would actually like ta learn more 'bout "Jeet Kune Do," I've always felt that Bruce Lee had an innate understandin' of martial arts and discipline durin' chaos (i.e. combat). I plan on buyin' the written copies of his books on Jeet Kune Do and his philosophies, but I wish I could find one of his students, if any, who may live nearby. I feel that if we could apply some of his philosophies of combat ta the learnin' ta master such abilities, then these ppl may be able ta use them on the fly; even in highly stressful situations. That would b kool. But this book u're readin' sounds pretty interestin' too, I'll haveta check it out; thnx for the 411.

P.S. I would love ta learn "The Way Of The Fist" wit u, I know a little Tae Kwon Do and Judo (plus a smidge of other martial arts).

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Ninjas for the win mate!

Sounds like it might work. Guess I better look up that Ninjitsu poster I've spotted around...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5