+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Commonality: Human

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Commonality: Human

Just a random argument that always seems to be passing through my head...

Are we all truly different from another? Do we really have things unique only to us, can there really be no same person?

I don't quite think so, but yet I do. I believe that everyone is a reflection of another, a shadow of someone else but we cast our own shadow upon others thus defining us as different.

Everyone at birth and in their early years are taught of society and what's right and not the rest of their personality is up to them, not really. We develop personal traits by watching others, learning how they do their things and we try to emulate what they've done, so are we really unique?

Despite what I believe, this a debate and as such I must choose a side to defend, I choose that no one is unique.

Most everyone sees another as different because they do not know them, their interests. But no one really has an interest only for them, they copied it from somewhere. The only difference is how they live their lives, the only thing that makes people believe that there is no typicality among human beings, it's 'cause they don't live like them. They do things like them, smile and frown and whatnot that makes them the same...

Anyone want to go against my opinion, what a rhetorical question, everyone must protect their individuality so they know they actually exist for and as themselves... not as a mirror for someone other person.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Commonality: Human

well to go one your thought that noone is unique then that we are all the same but how would that explain why that evey one is good at something that others are not, or even if its in groups theres always someone the best at that one thing makeing the unique. I my self am muliti talented in many thing but hardly the best at it just becuse others arenot as good.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that anyone is unique, we're all made up of the same stuff, we all think the same way at one point in time or in one way or another. We're even taught to think, dress, talk and move identically as others around us, which further takes away from our individuality. Amazingly I just came across a wonderful quote that pretty much takes the words right out of my mouth a few minutes ago -

"You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap. " - Tyler Durden
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually made a longer point with several examples. But again, I went over the character limit I can place on a post... *sigh*

So I'll just make it brief... if you want me to post the examples and to specify my points more, just tell me and I'll try to post the rest again.

I'll gladly disagree with that point.

You are correct that we copy many or all of our traits from one another and practically taught the same things depending where we are born. We have similar interests that was spawned off of something that already exists. We learn all our actions from others. We have the BASIC chemical make-up as a similarity (specific chemical make-ups obviously depend on where we were born, how we were born, whom were we born from, and how we are raised from then on). And even those who seperate themselves from groups, often find something that still makes them the same as others.

However, it is not completely based off as how we are born, and the existances and the experiences that have been here since eternity.

The accumulation of it all is what makes us different.

We are born and raised differently from those who came before us, by those who came before us.

For a creationist, the original idea of things is by whoever created us. After that, we based everything from it and created new ideas from other creations. However, if we believed in more than one deity, then we could also fuse ideas from other creators and other creations.

For an evolutionist, evolution and how the world changes is how we get our ideas. We form ideas in the basis of survival, and if we have survived long enough, our social standards become more intelligent through trials. We learn from other creatures, as well as testing new things... such as birds or monkeys using tools (they could have no influence... just accidents from testing things or playing with things, but it's usually formed from a social group)...

However, whether which one, we base things off of others, and simply have accidents of new ideas. We also fuse 2 ideas or more to create new ideas.

Fusion from who are ancestors were (creating fusions of our bloodline), how they were raised (our chemical makeup can change drastically depending on their diets and "adaptations"), and how and where we were born (our psychological state can change mysteriously)... all that with the fusion of the first 3 years (EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS... most times, people just think the most traumatizing events are what changes the psyche of a child, but even the parts the parents don't remember, the child will always remember) of our life...
    All that, determines our original "design" of ourselves.

Where we are brought, where we go, who we meet, what we do, and etc... how that collides with our "original design" can determine our future thoughts heavily. Even something as simple as finding a penny on the ground or seeing a nick in a leaf can change everything in thoughts. Even eating certain things at a certain time of the day, or even waking up and the first thing you see can completely change your thought pattern!

Constant changings, adaptations, restrictions and etc... all that changes how one thinks.

When a person converses with others, it's almost like a trading of each other's thoughts, of each other's lives. How one reacts to it, changes their thoughts.

In the end, all these fusions and "creations" makes one person different from another completely. Even one who was within the same culture and same lifestyle can be completely different from one another...
    Even if both of them can say the same exact things at the same exact time, they are thinking two completely different thoughts, they just happened to have a bond that was the same.

So I believe that in this way, all humans are different and unique.
    There is a beauty to this chaos, as I believe that all chaos has beauty in it.

And so the differences, no matter how sickening, is still very beautiful and something that should be cherished.

Cherish how you were born and raised. No matter how much it hurt, it's still your's and no one else's. Even if you'd gladly trade it with someone else's, it's in your thoughts and in your opinions...

And for crying out loud, if it's that bad, don't mope about it all day. Do something about it.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to go against your argument and say that everyone is unique. True, certain likes and dislikes arise from some influence on other people but there is so much more than that. When someone is good at something they were perhaps taught by someone but it is up to them how far they succeed. If everyone was the same in this sense then wouldn't everyone be either really good or bad at everything? And for that matter, wouldn't it make professional sports, politics, or any other competition redundant?
    People do indeed have influences on others but it is that individuals choice as to what they decide to listen to. Influences come from everywhere and at both sides of the spectrum. Simply making a choice is unique enough.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting thread!

I think there are so many people in the world that is bound to be another person is a carbon copy of everyone. Well, maybe not EXACTLY the same but have pretty much all the same interests, looks, whatever.

Come on now, think about it. Billions of people in the world and not one is like you? That's a bit hard to believe!

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

We humans seem to have traits that are similar to the other person and sometimes in a startling way,exactly the same.But that does not mean that we don't have our own uniqueness.The uniqueness which makes us slightly different.

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

To some effect, I have to partially agree. To some point, everyone tends to copy off one another, but what happens to those who started it?

Well, another thing is, how someone is brought up changes a lot. People also enduring hardships have something engraved into their mind that can either do nothing or change social interaction. Example is if someone was getting bullied and was left scarred for life, they would have that image burned into their mind and fear certain things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast