+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry on Campus

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Concealed Carry on Campus

I saw this topic on another forum, and I thought it was interesting, so I wanted to see what the high caliber of individuals on AO had to say about this... (I'm trying to think of another gun pun)... issue.

Classically Liberal: When mass killers meet armed resistance.

Anyway, I must say that I am quite for carrying a gun around with me wherever I am. I don't do it now, obviously, because that is a criminal offense, but I think that I should be able to carry a firearm. I am a soldier, and above that a military police soldier; I should have the ability to protect myself from any raving psychos that may come to my campus, or any of the raving nuts who are constantly shooting off right outside of campus.

An armed society is a polite society.

I'd like to think, especially being a Resident Assistant at my college dorms, that I have at least some responsibilty for keeping the campus safe. I suppose we could run situations through the what if machine all day, but I know that if someone came into my dorm and shot two people, I would be hesitant to go into a situation with absolutely nothing going for me, at least having a firearm in a lockbox in my room would allow me to be on a roughly even playing field.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Concealed Carry on Campus

In my opinion weapons of any kind have no place in a school or on a campus. No exceptions.
    Even pocket knives should be discouraged.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if you put limitations on who can carry and buy a gun won't solve anything. Guns should be banned from being owned and bought by civilians. Therefore, school shootings or any other kind of shootings can be avoid.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Even if you put limitations on who can carry and buy a gun won't solve anything. Guns should be banned from being owned and bought by civilians. Therefore, school shootings or any other kind of shootings can be avoid.
    This may function in other countries, but the wholesale ban of weapons won't change anything, because people alreasdy get illegal weapons anyway, in part from countries that border us.

Most local gun stores don't sell AKs, but outlaws seem to be able to get their hands on them. Drugs are banned by law, but people still get them.

There is something deterring about knowing that the person or people you might be trying to kill might have a weapon, there are examples of that in that article.

If people want to be able to carry weapons, who would be otherwise legally entrusted to do so, then I say why limit that on a campus? You live ignorantly if you think that just banning guns will solve the problem.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't prevention better than trying to stop it in the first place.

In my opinion no civilian has the right to carry a gun - that is a problem not a solution.

A campus is a place for learning. An armed society is only a fearful society.

Sure banning guns doesn't stop all gun related death. But it will make it harder for some one to get their hands on it and therefore some ones life will be saved. Clearly there is something wrong if a teenager can get his hands on a gun in the first place.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    In my opinion weapons of any kind have no place in a school or on a campus. No exceptions.
    Even pocket knives should be discouraged.
    Pocket knives are just ats bad as guns. A fifteen year old killed another student in his school by stabbing him to death. I agree. Weapons should not be allowed in schools. No matter what the education is, be it elementary, university, middle... Students in a university here in FL actually want to have guns [to protect themselves from outsiders].

Hello, ever heard of Columbine?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ America was founded with it's faith and with it's guns, and i think that tradition should live on. In some of the southern states like Texas, people are allowed to keep guns on them at all times and even have the right (not sure state-wide, but i know they can in some areas) to shot someone on the spot if they see someone commit a crime or try to run away from it. and you don't hear any mass killings coming from their side of the country...

And if guns are harder to get, it will be easier for the bad guys to get...

^_^ that's just me... and i like shot guns!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Er... I'm not sure if I can agree with you so much, hun.
    Maybe in the past we could've allowed such a thing... maybe in the past we shouldn't have made so much "BAN BAN BAN" laws. Maybe we should've been more creative to make laws that teach people rather than just taking it away.

But it's over, most of us have been brainwashed to heck that we CAN'T allow for people to carry firearms on them.

People can complain that any weapon or item can kill with a single blow, but the gun isn't idiot-proof. Neither are many items, but people have seen what guns can do and live by it. A gun is locked, loaded, and shot. Everyone knows what it's for.
    You don't see everyone going like "I'll kill you with this fork because you made fun of me!"...

America's gone very immature and weak-hearted since the olden "golden" days.
    Most of its inhabitants are cowards (no offense, but it is true that most of the U.S. probably can't control themselves or think out rational thought)... we've gotten too comfortable with our "safety".

You give everyone a gun and there's going to be shoot-outs everywhere you go. Not all the time, mind you, but it'll definitely happen more often.

People think the solution can easily put as "If they cause trouble, we'll shoot them"... then it goes "if they try to stop me, I'll shoot them"... then it'll be a horrible bloodbath for all of us.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind too much since it is what we deserve (giggle), but those are my opinons...

So should we all have the right to carry guns? Nah, but we should be allowed to carry any form of weapon for protection... or at least heavily encourage self-defense classes.

...because it'll just be kinda' awkward if people had a Taser-Brawl all of a sudden.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast