+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Concealed Carry on Campus

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Concealed Carry on Campus

I believe that if anyone is so inclined to having a weapon nearby for safety reasons or otherwise, especially if bringing the weapon to a school should: have a special permit both to have possession of the weapon at all and to bring it on campus, their background should show no signs or warning that a problem may arise, and it should be kept in a lockbox in their room; not in their jacket or purse. I too would like the opportunity to defend myself when placed in a situation that called for it, but would allowing more individuals to carry weapons with them the better choice for a safer community? I don't believe so. While their are people out there who would like nothing less than shoot as many people as possible, imagine how much easier it would be for those people to get a weapon into school or work if everyone were allowed to have one, and wouldn't it create some confusion if everyone was shooting? Who started the shooting? Are you killing the original killer or a bystander who was fighting for their life?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don’t think arming the students is a good idea myself. I could very well lead to a group of students getting together and using the guns given to them on everybody.. Also, arming students would probably lead to a lot shoot-outs between students and create a lot more gangs throughout the country because after all the students would already have weapons in their hands. Just get a few people together and all heck will break loose. To me arming students would just lead to more deaths and victims in the end because the easier it is for someone to get to a weapon the more likely someone is going to get killed.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    How is a shot gun a concealed weapon?

and if people were allowed to carry guns on their person, they would still probably need a licesence! And how can there be a radar if everyone has one!

And do you think the Virginia Tech guy was brave? He started shooting while in class, when no one was suspecting it! Do you think you he would have the same gump if he knew everyone else in the room could take him down before he fired his fourth shot? i don't think so... People like that want revenge, but they always take the coward's way out!
    Where do you get shotgun? He used handguns at Virginia Tech. What are you talking about? Why the hell would everyone be carrying a handgun? That sounds ridiculous. So what if you need a license or if they required you to have one..you need ID to purchase a hadngun nowadays anyways. That is how V-Tech gunman recieved the guns. Taking a few extra hours worth of "special training" would make a difference you think?

Under the radar is when not everyone has them..where did you come up with everyone anyways? I don't think anyone mentioned that word did they? Even if there isn't a radar..what is your point? It would just make it idiotically easy for someone to waltz in there with weapons and start firing.

I don't know how fast you think a person could pull a trigger, but life isn't some cheesy ass movie where everyone is a professional and are ready to kill. When someone starts poppin off rounds, people don't instantly pull their guns out of their pockes and start blasting with perfect aim.

The guy was brave? Again..what are you talking about? He doesn't have to be brave to have a plan. You don't have to be brave to suddenly gain a bit of courage when you obviously have the upper hand and people start fearing you.

Who cares if they always take the cowards way out. That doesn't mean they don't wreak any less havoc. Seems V-T and the T-coats killed quite a few people before they decided to kill themselves. From how they wasted amunnition, they weren't counting the bullets or the victims. There wasn't a significance of the number except more is better.

Hey what's "gump" mean? Curious..you refering to Forest Gump or something?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i'm not saying that everyone would be able to take him down immediatly, but if guns could be carried at all times, i think people would be more comfortable with their weapon and be able to use it effectively... i know that you can't pull stunts or aim that well in movies (it would be too dazzling for reality! haha!), but i just think that people would be more comfortable with the power they hold...

^o^ i'm sorry, i think i just misunderstood you on the shot gun part...

>.> i understand that how i see guns is rather old fashioned, especially in this day in age... i know that people are more openly afraid nowadays, and maybe weapons for the public isn't the best thing...

but i think that people have the right to defend themselves and their loved ones... sure there are other forms (martial arts and etc), but no matter what you're still going against someone with a gun and that is very hard. The other person having a gun may not make it any better, but at least that person has the chance to defend themselves on a more level field with their attacker.

>.o so, i will give this one to you, but i still hope that with power comes responsibility (horrible spider man quote)

p.s.: and Gump is my way of saying crap/sh!t in non-offensive way... but not the bodily waste kind, the kind that means people giving you crap/sh!t to deal with

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

As someone with a concealed carry license I am very much for the ability to carry my guns where I please for MY and the safety of OTHERS. To get a concealed carry license one must complete a proficiency test in their shooting ability. While it isn't that hard it does mean you have to be able to shoot proficiently, personally my brother is a law enforcement officer and he and I shoot together all the time, discussing tactics and advanced shooting techniques. Now I have said all this to get to this. In order to carry a gun anywhere I think there needs to be more stringent requirements however it would "HELP" to keep things like the VT incident from being as serious as it was.

The idea that the police/security didn't do enough in the VT incident was a complete joke, it isn't like there was 1,000 of them staffed on campus, with perfect information about the guy...people carrying concealed and are well trained would have helped tremendously.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

...seriously, we should just all carry around maces and tasers.
    Screw the guns, ( I have money! ) let's go see what happens if none of us can carry a gun. Let's destroy them all! Go back to the days of swords and bows and arrows! Have some real skill in fighting! JK! JK!

Anywho. Seriously seriously.
    Honestly, if we can't carry concealed weapons, the one who gets in with a weapon causes all hell (unless if we all studied martial arts heavily... we'd have a more intimidating area for anyone to bring in a weapon).
    If we can carry concealed weapons, now more people are a threat (even the protectors can be considered a threat, a missed shot can cause devastation) and boys will do even more stupid idiotic (yet extremely hilarious) antics.
    (Even if you have a license, it isn't a license that says "I'm not stupid"... )

It's a losing battle on both ends.
    If we encourage to drop guns completely, can we at least admit that we've reached that point in our history? To say that guns are bad to have alltogether, even history-speaking, that would deny SOOO MUCH of what we've done and would be completely hypocritical.
    (trust me, taking away guns just makes us more creative about our crimes)

And if we keep guns and make it more of our everyday life, we have to admit this generation is mature enough to handle it.
    ... and I'm not sure if the younger generation knows this, but I think that even we know that the older generations are still pretty much babies. (it's in every generation, even if the new ones have more of them, they're still there and that's all that matters.

The solution? :

Choose one and we'll adapt to it, no matter how many years or deaths it takes.

Sounds heartless? ...well, that's basically what we do with every decision we make. -_-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4