+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Conscription

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conscription

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    it's funny how bush just wont stay out of peoples bussiness. it doesnt concern us and why do we care. we dont care that the other countries are fighting each other but we go in north korea cuz we wanna make friends. bull!
    off topic...

i'm not american but..
    agreed, why doesn't America focus on helping it's own country? From what I hear, it needs it.

eg. amount of homelessness, kids shooting kids, having free buses yet people have to pay heaps for life saving operations?!?

But what if NK attacked another country allied to America?
    I don't think there is much choice in the matter
    I know Aust probably would be there, therefore amercica would..

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103
    Should conscription (where you have to serve in the mimitary) be in use in the USA right now? I for one think that its agreat idea, so there will never be need for a draft or any thing crazy like that, and youd get free colledge, health, etc. But AO I would like to hear your thoughts on conscription in the USA.
    But isn't the draft conscription anyway?

To be brief, I'm not a fan of conscription, and even less so for issues I dont believe in. If someone wants to enlist on their own, more power to them and I'd support them. But a draft for something like the 'War on Terror'? I think there are other solutions available.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    it's funny how bush just wont stay out of peoples bussiness. it doesnt concern us and why do we care.
    Because it does concern us. The world has become to small to pretend that things in other countries don't affect us anymore. If we don't do what we can to make sure things turn out for our benifit then they will work out against us. Every country that can does the same thing in some way.

Conscription however? In the US it is unnessesary and would create a mess. First off the military is not longer just a bunch of guys with guns. It's specialized training that requires dedication and involves extreamly sophisticated equipment. Smaller specialized forces can get alot more done then large numbers of ground troops can. I just don't want to think of the idea of the military trying to bring every citizen up to military standards. What a nightmare!

As long as military recruitment of volunteers fill the need there is no reason to bring rank amatures into the picture.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103 View Post
    Ok you also have a point there, but think if we went to war with the world tommorow, see we would be so under manned in our forces that there would just be a general draft, where they didnt care who you were, but if we were conscripted there would only be a small shortage of man power.
    Here's some food for thought.....Why would we go to war with the freakin world? I really doesn't matter if we conscripted or drafted every availiable man and women in the U.S. Why? Because we would be screwed in the first place for going to war with the world (including the countries with nukes.)

I'm ♥mazing!

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

i say no 2 conscription unless the military is unable to induce ppl in2 their service.wat is the point of forcing ppl 2 fight if they lack commitment?in the long term dat will only cause division among the ranks of the army.if the war ever occurs in the world,n the 'evil' or 'bad' side is dominating n no1 is willing 2join n the army is desperate for a militia 2 counter the threat,only then should conscription b imposed.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723 View Post
    Here's some food for thought.....Why would we go to war with the freakin world? I really doesn't matter if we conscripted or drafted every availiable man and women in the U.S. Why? Because we would be screwed in the first place for going to war with the world (including the countries with nukes.)
    yeah, why messup other peoples country when your own backyard is a mess. 9/11 won't happen if america did not invade afghanistan. now in iraq turns out to be like vietnam. let the both koreans manage their own affairs, anyway what good can come out from n korean anyways...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chan View Post
    yeah, why messup other peoples country when your own backyard is a mess. 9/11 won't happen if america did not invade afghanistan. now in iraq turns out to be like vietnam. let the both koreans manage their own affairs, anyway what good can come out from n korean anyways...
    *pulls out a roll of newspaper*....

Nah, it's not worth it.

How old are you? America invaded Afaghanistan because the people running the country were responsible for 9/11 not the other way around. Check your time line next time. 9/11 first - invading Afaghanistan second.

Oh why not?

*bap*

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    *pulls out a roll of newspaper*....

Nah, it's not worth it.

How old are you? America invaded Afaghanistan because the people running the country were responsible for 9/11 not the other way around. Check your time line next time. 9/11 first - invading Afaghanistan second.

Oh why not?

*bap*
    point noted...on time line...was just stating that america shouldn't poke its nose on other people's affairs so often..just like "don't boss around" u noe...

as for my age... its when god created 'time' dude

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast