+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Conscription

Newbie Daemoniac Night may be famous one day Daemoniac Night may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Conscription

I heard somewhere that foreighners can get green cards if they serve in the military for a long enougth time and truth is I wouldn't even care if I died in Iraq, as long as I don't die here.(Check the news in 2 more years, South Africa will have another civil war between black people and white people).

PS. I'm not racist, even the chinese and colored resedents hate the blacks In South Africa.

And if you don't belive me just go to http://www.africancrisis.org/(Warning there are some violent Pictures on this site)

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conscription

We'll rather we want the draft (conscription) or not, were going to have a national debate on the subject. Charles Rangle (D - NY) says he's going to introduce legislation into the congress to reinstate the draft. Since he's now a ranking member of congress and will be the head of the house ways and means committee he has the power to actually bring this to the floor for debate.

He's been calling for a draft for years now and it looks like he's finally going to get the debate he wants on it.

Personally, I think he's nuts. The draft is not supported by most Americans and the Pentagon does not want it. I find Rangle a but hypocritical on his reason why, considering he's not a supporter of the war. He somehow has it stuck in his head that an all volunteer military is not 'fair' to the members of the military. So, instead of having the military filled with people who want to be there, we should fill it up with conscripted forces that don't.

Here's the news article on it for those intrested:
    FOXNews.com - Rangel Calls for Reinstating Military Draft - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5