+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation

Newbie Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring's Avatar
    Thanks

Creation

I have a teacher who is a very open minded person and a lot of times he will talk about things that a lot of people are either afraid to talk about or he can give you a whole new perspecive on said topic. Today in class, he started talking about the creation of the world and people. He gave us three choices to think about. The biblical point, evolution, or for him, a mix of the two. What do you think about creation and why do you feel that what you believe has a firm standing point?

Manga - my anti-drug because when your addicted to manga how can you possibly afford drugs??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivy Spring For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Mar 24, 2008)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Creation

The thought alone of the world being created in six days just sounds completely loony to me. I'm glad even many Christians don't literally believe it went exactly like how the bible describes it. You can believe that God created all of this without having to take it all so literally too. I mean there weren't any people around to see exactly how the universe was created anyway right?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy Spring View Post
    I have a teacher who is a very open minded person and a lot of times he will talk about things that a lot of people are either afraid to talk about or he can give you a whole new perspecive on said topic. Today in class, he started talking about the creation of the world and people. He gave us three choices to think about. The biblical point, evolution, or for him, a mix of the two. What do you think about creation and why do you feel that what you believe has a firm standing point?
    My stance is its a mix of the two. I believe god created everything just not like in the bible. I believe he did it thru evolution over a long period of time not this six days crap.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Who really cares?

So much time is wasted arguing about how we got here, who put us here and why... meanwhile we're killing each other, screwing up the environment and polluting the airwaves with divisive idiocy like whether "ho ho ho" is offensive or if "Christmas" is too religious a word for December the 25th.

Science teachers should teach Science. Priests should teach Religion. Then it should be left up to students who to believe and what to do with that information.

Why are we having culture wars about what we can and can not be taught, and what we should be told we need to believe? O-o; We should be taught everything that our teachers believe to be true and relevant to the subject at hand... be those teachers religious or academic. And information that contradicts those views shouldn't be hidden from us simply because it doesn't support what they want us to believe.

That means, religious leaders shouldn't be denying evidence for evolution and that evolution proponents shouldn't balk at questions about gaps in the fossil record or how "something comes from nothing"...

They should be debating it openly, maturely and in full view of students on both sides.

Both sides need to be willing to be proven wrong on points and adapt their views in the event that they are... something we've been taught is a sign of weakness and "flip-flopping" but is really an incredibly basic function of common sense.

I don't support teaching Creationism in public school Science classrooms. Because creationism isn't backed by a great deal of actual physical evidence at this point, nor is it universal to every religion. Requiring it be taught in detail in schools creates a situation in which one religion is being given a pulpit to disperse ideology and the others are not. If you teach Christian creation, why not Hopi? Mayan? Hindu? Buddhist? Shinto? Ancient Greek? Egyptian?

There are incredibly valueable places for all of these creation stories: in Literature, History and Theology classes... and at Sunday School.

There are better arguments we could be having about religion in our cirriculum! English teachers in quite a few public schools are forbidden to teach the Bible (due to it's religious importance) -- in spite of it being the source of thousands of quotations, titles, cliches, sayings and themes that reappear in Western literature time and time again.

Considering it's incredible influence on Western and Middle Eastern culture: that seems pretty idiotic to me O-o; ...Definately one of the more tragic bits of "collateral damage" in the secularization of the school system.

We worry too much about what everyone else believes.

If Christians want to teach their children that evolution is bunk and God created the world in 7 days. That's fine. I don't think that affects much of anything personality-wise, morality-wise or in terms of relevant world history O-o;

We will never know for sure how everything came to be.

Why do we need to?

I don't really get it ^^;
    Last edited by tsurara; Mar 19, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    We will never know for sure how everything came to be.

Why do we need to?

I don't really get it ^^;
    Hahaha yeah I don't ether to be honest I get confused as I think about it and look at the theory that god did it in seven days and look at the scientific theory hahaha!

So I don't really get it ether.-^_^-;

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally try to blend the two together; I have a very opened mind on this topic (and everything else for that matter) and have created all sorts of ideas which are in a constant state of evolving and ever changing. Any way I do believe that the universe was created by the big bang theory and that the natural materials were there to create it. But what gets me is how the ingredients got there in the first place, in which where I think god, came in. Now don’t get confused here because what I am saying is that what god did was simple getting the ball rolling so to speak. Think of it as making bread. He just added the ingredients and put it in the proverbial oven and let the rest take care of its self, which is where evolution comes in and takes over while god "him" self is part of the universe while not being involved in evolution.

Here is where a theory I have may be a bit tricky and I will probably be smashed for it but I don’t give a rat’s arse. The universe is growing, evolving and expanding, but one day it will all end billions of years from now starting from the out side moving in. So if the universe is ending and if god is part of the universe that would imply that god "him" self is ending, at least in this plane of existence.

Now on to less deep theory’s that I have. Do I believe that god created the Earth and everything in 7 days? No. Do I believe that humans are created in gods own image? Yes and No. Because the Earth was created from the universe and we are created from the Earth which ties us to the universe in which is part of god but then again so is everything else, be it plants, animals and even other alien life forms. Do I believe Humans are gods chosen and favored children? No because if you are the father with a big family (A very big family in this case) you would still care for all your children equally which brings me to my next theory. Do I believe that god helps us on a daily bases? No, because "he" would want us to live and grow and to realize on are own abilities and to have our own thoughts, opinions, ideas, and personality. But that doesn’t mean he wont give a nudge every now and then on those who really need it on the very rare occasions, but then again its up to the person to take it, they can choose to take it or not take it and what ever happens, happens. Do I believe that god flooded the entire Earth? No. Although there was a large flood during this time that affected the world, how ever, it wasn’t any where near of how they described it in the biblical sense so I think that was just taken out of context. Do I think that god smited sottem and Gomorra with rain of fire? No because the area is rich with a extremely flammable and explosive mineral called some thing that escapes me for the moment, but I have a large sample of. This mineral is very fragile and flakes and falls apart easily but when exposed to rapped changes of temperature or exposed to fire will litterly explode and burst into flames. The areas which these two cities were located has a very high concentration of this mineral.

Any way that is enough of dumbing my brains crap all over the table for you all to see.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Mar 20, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Hundreds of religions around the world teach creation stories which account for the diversity of life on Earth. The theory of evolution is also a popular belief, particularly among scientists.
    In North America, beliefs regarding the origins of the origins of species of plant and animal life mostly fall into three general categories. Starting with the most popular:
    Creation science: God created the universe during 6 consecutive 24 hour days less than 10,000 years ago, precisely as a one of the literal interpretations of the Biblical book of Genesis would indicate. All of the various species of plants and animals that currently exist (and that once existed) on earth are descendants of the original life forms that God created during the single week of creation. This is the most popular belief system among the general public. It is the least popular among earth and biological scientists. Over 99% of such scientists believe that a literal translation of Genesis does not represent reality.
    Theistic evolution view: The universe is about 14 billion years old. The earth's crust developed about 4.5 billion years ago. God created the first cell, and then used evolution as a tool to guide the development of each new species. The process culminated in human beings.
    Scientific view: Beliefs are identical to the theistic view, except that God is assumed to have played no part in the processes. Scientists assume evolution was driven by blind, purely natural forces.
    I am not a religious person and I do not believe in the theory that God has created this world. but I do believe in the scientific view because there is evidence that proves this and even though that this is only a theory, I strongly believe in it.
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The thought alone of the world being created in six days just sounds completely loony to me. I'm glad even many Christians don't literally believe it went exactly like how the bible describes it. You can believe that God created all of this without having to take it all so literally too. I mean there weren't any people around to see exactly how the universe was created anyway right?
    U haveta think that the Bible was most likely talkin' 'bout days in heaven terms, 1 Day in Heaven= 1000 Years on Earth. Even then, it still sounds a little far fetched. I'm one of those who r of the mind that it took much longer for the Earth ta b created. Even if u were ta go by heaven days it would still take a very long time ta get a place, like the earth, ta a point where it could sustain life. But this doesn' mean that I don' believe that God didn' have a hand in it (no offense ta those who choose not ta believe in God, I'm jus' statin' my belief). I'm one of those who believe in the mix of the two, the scientific and religious. There r some who r of the mind that the two can' co-exist let alone agree, I don' believe that at all. But that's jus' me.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast