+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Creation

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creation

@Scourge
    1. This was before the time of Peleg when the world was one continent.
    2. If you check the animal kingdom in early times you will find that most of our animals had common ancestors. ie. there were a lot less animals to collect.
    3. Adam was supposed to be "perfect" physically. Biblically the lifespan of "man" was the longest with him and then shortened with each generation. Kind of an entropy thing.

Well, I have been gone for a bit so I am coming in late but I am a firm Creationist.

To explain, the 1day=1thousand years isn't just something the Catholic church made up. There are some other sources and it is something my church believes as well. Think of it this way. 1 day is the rotation of the world around the sun. Now all that means is that wherever the "angels" reside the planet has a longer rotation, 1 thousand of our years. So if we see the world created in 6 thousand years is that really such a short time?

Not if you consider the meaning of the word translated as "create" in the Bible. A better translation would be "organize" or to create by the use of materials at hand, like building a desk. It doesn't come out of nothing. You have to have wood, glue, equipment, nails, paint, etc. So if you apply that to the creation of the world it means that God (the gods actually/angels) took the materials already at hand and manipulated it to create a world that would support man and the environment s/he needed.

Now if you consider that livestock breeders can create a new breed within 10 years of selective breeding and the considerable advances already available to us with genetic research I find no trouble believing that God could Terra form a world and place genetically created/bred animals and plants on it in a mere 6 thousand years. In fact I commend his patience. Talk about a long term project.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Look in a historical text book on the average life span of people during this time, very few lived past 50. And as for him living up to be over 500 years old would mean living 10 times longer then any living person in the world at this or any other time, and his son 20 times longer then any living creature in the world. When the bible depicted his age, I don't by that one bit. Now I am of faith but I have a hard time swallowing that pill.
    Well one theory is that we all have the same core dna cus evolution not being true would mean that no new dna would be created so therefore the dna that adam and eve had the best dna and as time moved on the dna became less pure and not as good and that is why people no longer live as long as they once did but thats just one theory.

sig by me

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't believe in "Intelligent Design" as its called. I mean there is no possible way that Humanity, the Earth, and the Universe could come from nothing. We know that our planet is at least 6 billion years old and not 3 thousand years old. It baffles me how people actually believe in the Bible's words even though it is 3000 year old book that contradicts with modern society. (It says that slavery is a okay in the Bible whereas its not in today's society.)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    I really don't believe in "Intelligent Design" as its called. I mean there is no possible way that Humanity, the Earth, and the Universe could come from nothing. We know that our planet is at least 6 billion years old and not 3 thousand years old. It baffles me how people actually believe in the Bible's words even though it is 3000 year old book that contradicts with modern society. (It says that slavery is a okay in the Bible whereas its not in today's society.)
    I don't see how they could either, seeing that just because Creation theory may not be true doesn't mean god still didn't have a hand in everything. Some people just cant think outside the box.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miroku4444 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Mar 28, 2008)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    I am sorry but of all the reasons I have heard to contradict the Bible that one has to be one of the most absurd. A "3000 year old book" that had laws concerning something that was common at the time, is still in existence today, and was only questioned in the last 200 years?

As for the other the Bible does not say the world is 3000 years old. Here is the time line given.

1-6000 years, creation of the earth.
    6-7000 years, God rested/Garden of Eden.
    7000-???? years, the Garden of Eden.
    Reset...
    App 4000 BC Adam "born".
    Between 2400 and 2300 the Flood.
    Between 2300 and ???? Peleg lives and the "earth (continents) is divided".
    App 2000 BC Abraham.
    Between 1400 and 1300 Moses
    App 600 BC Babylon conquers Israel and carries them off into captivity.
    Reset...
    0 BC/AD Christs Birth (though really they think it was about 6BC).
    etc etc.
    App 2008 Now.

Note: It doesn't say how long the Garden of Eden was around or if Adams age is based on when he became mortal or when he was born.
    We don't know the exact time of Peleg but he was Noah's great-great-great grandson (Peleg-Eber-Salah-Araphaxad-Shem-Noah). I love the name Araphax, *cough* but back on subject.

The point is Biblically the time given is approximatly 6000 years not 3000 and that isn't the age of the earth it is the age of "man" as given from Adam's "birth".

Oh and one final point, it does not say the world/universe/man came from nothing. As I pointed out before it was created/organized not snap your fingers there it is magic walla. (It does make a pretty picture though.)
    Last edited by Arrianna; Mar 28, 2008 at 12:02 PM.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I don't see how they could either, seeing that just because Creation theory may not be true doesn't mean god still didn't have a hand in everything. Some people just cant think outside the box.
    That's the way I see it as stated in an earlier post, I believe that god set things up for the big bang and let it take its coarse, while god sitting from the side line watching but very rarely intervening with his actions being very very very subtle and working in the laws of nature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Thats the way I see it as stated in an earlier post, I believe that god set things up for the big bang and let it take its corse.
    Isn't that kind of like playing chess by setting up the pieces and then waiting thousands of years to see if they move??? Seems like a box all it's own. As if you have evolution so you are trying to figure out how to fit your other beliefs in the same box.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Isn't that kind of like playing chess by setting up the pieces and then waiting thousands of years to see if they move??? Seems like a box all it's own. As if you have evolution so you are trying to figure out how to fit your other beliefs in the same box.
    Actually I was thinking along the line of the domino effect. But if you think about it would it make any less sense from our point of view when setting beliefs aside? Also is it any more out landish then what is written in the bible or any other persons thearys? I dont know about you but I have heard some pretty crazy sh*t in my time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast