+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Creation

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creation

Exactly, and that is why I believe and lean more toward the scientific aspect of it because they are actually looking and finding answers, all be it not every one will agree upon those answers as this thread has shown because our findings happen to make people question their beliefs on how the universe, Earth, Humans, and everything else was made because it differs then what's written from the bible or any other religious text. But its not asking any one question their belief in god though, just what was written down. Now I believe and trust in the value of the bible because most of it is on being kind, understanding, and loving to others. But other stuff I do question as I have already mentioned in several others of my responses and that is where I look to science and common sense.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The thought alone of the world being created in six days just sounds completely loony to me. I'm glad even many Christians don't literally believe it went exactly like how the bible describes it. You can believe that God created all of this without having to take it all so literally too. I mean there weren't any people around to see exactly how the universe was created anyway right?

I'm not a christian ,i'm a muslim but this truth of creation is just a truth passed to us just like others of angels ,devils ,heaven and hell which we'll never be able to withstand its overall concept of all time ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

Although i believe in the bible and some of the truth it holds, i still say that there is no way that the earth could EVER be created in six days. that is BOUGUS!!
    i believe that evolution occurs all the time. Though there are some some things which scientific logic and reasoning cannot explain... something spritual

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion, i am not on either side fully. As most people already posted, it sounds crazy that the earth was made in just 6 days >.> It's really out there for me to believe. But science also has some things that raises questions in my head. Like how the big bang started. One of the theories was that 2 black holes were to close and canceled each other out out v.v How can a void in space that absorbs even light, be canceled out and turn into a massive explosion? That sounds just as weird as the 6 day thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

what is there to not believe... i guess the most basic thing is that each one has a flaw... in one way or another... though maybe if the creation through the biblical concept may be true, the wy it was written and discussed is surely flawed, i believe that either one alone is in an indecipherable 'truth'...

let's put it this way...

as often stated in the bible:
    "a day in the life of the Lord, is a million years compared to the life of a man"

and as is always the problem of the science of evolution:
    "where is the missing link"

or maybe to add the recent discovery:

"that in order for our planet to have survive as a 'living' planet, it should have been formed at the right place, at the right time...
    the discovery of the first exosolar planet has made this theory possible:

the earth first formed very close to the sun (closer than when pluto is right now), then as it gained mass, it started to drift away, and got knocked out by the still forming jupiter (currently the largest planet) which was 2 times the mass of the still forming earth.

after drifting farther off, the planet was stabilized by the drifting uranus and mars fixing it into it's position, a vey thin boundary that formed right after every planet that formed was fixed into position. (the planet is actually centered in this thin film, and moving off course by a mile in any direction will knock us out of this thin film (which is relatively small in consideration to our planet's size) that has exactly the right temperature enough to support life... moving a mile further will freeze us, and moving a ile closer will burn us...)
    now look closely at this, had the earth not formed where it had, or stopped where it had, or have been hit by any other planet along it's course towards this thin film, or had it been formed too large, or had it been formed too small... life in itself, or life as we know it now, would no longer exist.

slowly, think about it... as i have. for i do not believe in coincidence, or destiny... but looking closely at how the earth has actually formed, would you want to believe that that alone was left to form on it's own? or do you think that someone, someone geater than any one of us, or any other creature that has formed out there in the universe, has NOT guided this planet of ours into existence...

i would beg to differ from anyone who says so...

for i firmly believe that there is a God, though not controlling our every move or choice, but guiding our everyday existence...
    and i too believe that

GOD WORKS IN WAYS THAT WE CANU NDERSTAND IN ORER FOR US TO MARVEL AT THE GREAT SKILL HE HAS IN MAKING EVERYTHING WE KNOW CONTINUE ON EXISTING

i think that is where science comes it... just listen to science at work, and you'll marvel at the very vast and great order there is in the earth, let alone the universe... and you'll start believeing in a greater being that has engineered this all.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crimson For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 24, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    In my opinion, i am not on either side fully. As most people already posted, it sounds crazy that the earth was made in just 6 days >.> It's really out there for me to believe. But science also has some things that raises questions in my head. Like how the big bang started. One of the theories was that 2 black holes were to close and canceled each other out out v.v How can a void in space that absorbs even light, be canceled out and turn into a massive explosion? That sounds just as weird as the 6 day thing.
    Not really, do some research on black holes and it will explain.

What most scientists believe is that the universe was small, very very very small, and smaller then an atom, it was the first and only super element, not to mention the hottest thing to ever exist. It combined gravity, electromagnetism, and two other elements I can't remember. Any way they believe that gravity broke off from this super element. When this happened the rest did as well and the energy from the result from this was and is inconceivable. Now the universe didnt just pop into existence just like that, it still took billions of years to expand and grow before anything could exist because inside the universe was still very hot. Hotter then the core of a sun, and it wasn’t till it expanded more and more was it able to cool down and allow for heavier elements to form such as carbon and so on.

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Not really, do some research on black holes and it will explain.

What most scientists believe is that the universe was small, very very very small, and smaller then an atom, it was the first and only super element, not to mention the hottest thing to ever exist. It combined gravity, electromagnetism, and two other elements I can't remember. Any way they believe that gravity broke off from this super element. When this happened the rest did as well and the energy from the result from this was and is inconceivable. Now the universe didn't just pop into existence just like that, it still took billions of years to expand and grow before anything could exist because inside the universe was still very hot. Hotter then the core of a sun, and it wasn’t till it expanded more and more was it able to cool down and allow for heavier elements to form such as carbon and so on.
    Now see, you put into context. You put it in a way that it was technically appropriate, but it mad a lot of sense to me.
    Oh, and not to sound like I am offended for you correcting me Scourge, but I was unclear with the whole black theory thing. I only said that cause we had a discussion about the making of the big bang, and another student brought it up, and we talk about for a while (about 2 or 3 days). But I do appreciate you correcting me none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    Now see, you put into context. You put it in a way that it was technically appropriate, but it mad a lot of sense to me.
    Oh, and not to sound like I am offended for you correcting me Scourge, but I was unclear with the whole black theory thing. I only said that cause we had a discussion about the making of the big bang, and another student brought it up, and we talk about for a while (about 2 or 3 days). But I do appreciate you correcting me none the less.
    Not a problem. In fact I think the student that brought up the black hole got confused with a white whole. A white hole is like a black hole but works in reverse, where as black holes suck everything in white holes spit stuff out. No one has ever seen a white hole before but in physics and particularly Enstines relativity allows for their existence. But yeah, the white hole and the super element theories are what scientist best think how it started. Oh and black holes shoot out jets of radiation called a red shift I think because they can only be seen in an inferred spectrum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast