+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Creation

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post

If Christians want to teach their children that evolution is bunk and God created the world in 7 days. That's fine. I don't think that affects much of anything personality-wise, morality-wise or in terms of relevant world history O-o;
    Doesn't it actually affect all of those things? I don't how really see how you can say that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage
    U haveta think that the Bible was most likely talkin' 'bout days in heaven terms, 1 Day in Heaven= 1000 Years on Earth.
    Was this actually written in the bible? If so, please give me proof of that.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Was this actually written in the bible? If so, please give me proof of that.
    Actually I was referin' ta the Church, and not necessarily the Bible, and I was only usin' it as reference for my point. It, also, doesn' mean that I believe it either. Sorry for any misunderstandin' on my part.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Actually I was referin' ta the Church, and not necessarily the Bible, and I was only usin' it as reference for my point. It, also, doesn' mean that I believe it either. Sorry for any misunderstandin' on my part.
    I would still like to know where the "1 Day in Heaven= 1000 Years on Earth" line came from.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I would still like to know where the "1 Day in Heaven= 1000 Years on Earth" line came from.
    The Roman Catholic Church; when it made it's declaration 'bout "Creation" they also claimed that 1 Day in Heaven equaled a thousand Years on Earth and that the Earth was a little over 6,000 years and was in the "7th Day" period of it's creation. I remember this 'cause I had ta do a report, back in collage, 'bout it for my Western Civ. class.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    The Roman Catholic Church; when it made it's declaration 'bout "Creation" they also claimed that 1 Day in Heaven equaled a thousand Years on Earth and that the Earth was a little over 6,000 years and was in the "7th Day" period of it's creation. I remember this 'cause I had ta do a report, back in collage, 'bout it for my Western Civ. class.
    In other words its make up crap. ooh look people aren't as stupid anymore, no ones buying that earth was created in 7 days anymore, lets fix that stat. Hey why not say "1 Day in Heaven equaled a thousand Years on Earth", that will make em believe it again. Sure enough it worked.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't it actually affect all of those things? I don't how really see how you can say that it doesn't.
    Most people who are religious are, thankfully, not religious 24-7. Religion guides them in major decisions and comes to the forefront in times of trouble... but during daily interactions and events: most religious folk leave their Bible at home (if they've ever even bothered to read it).

My beliefs are 95% incompatable with the Christian majority in the United States, including two ex-boyfriends who were churchgoing, involved in campus religious groups and wore crosses to sleep. I still had a 2 year-long relationship with a Christian in which we fought over religion maybe... three times, ever... and never did it get ugly.

MOST people seem to think that belief is personal... and while, if given the opportunity to express their religious views in an argument they will, most aren't walking around with Jesus and creation on the mind all the time.

I don't think that your belief in where the world came from kajillions of years ago greatly affects your personality, life view or ability to percieve the fallout of more recent historical events all that much.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe the world was created in 6 days...

i mean, if God is everything He says He is, then i don't think creating all of exsitence in 6 days is really that much of a stretch. most times i just get the feeling that fellow Christians are trying to limit God's power by saying he couldn't have created it in 6 days.

i do belive that after he created the world, things began to grow and evolve on their own. that's why Noah was able to put all the animals on the ark, becuz there were not as many as there are today. now, could everything have been created over billions of year or whatever? i guess, but i don't see what's so ridiculous about 6 days if you take God for what he is.

how does it affect my daily life? um... nothing i can see directly. ^_^ but i like knowing where i come from~!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

The world was created.
    And now the world has freaky skinned-things that live in it and claim they own it.
    The world is VERY itchy because of these things.
    The world's trying its best to just change itself to make these things calm down.
    But these things are very sneaky and know how to adapt to the change.
    The world is very pissed.

The world was created. Amen.

:P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast