+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    In other words its make up crap. ooh look people aren't as stupid anymore, no ones buying that earth was created in 7 days anymore, lets fix that stat. Hey why not say "1 Day in Heaven equaled a thousand Years on Earth", that will make em believe it again. Sure enough it worked.
    LOL! I heard that, sometimes I wonder if some of the established churches out there really do think that ppl r ignorant. It's kinda dissappointin' that there r some, in positions of power, who think so little of the masses that they r suppose ta lead; includin' some religious leaders (past and present).

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    LOL! I heard that, sometimes I wonder if some of the established churches out there really do think that ppl r ignorant. It's kinda dissappointin' that there r some, in positions of power, who think so little of the masses that they r suppose ta lead; includin' some religious leaders (past and present).
    Oh they do, I should know, I had the misfortune to going to one of those when I went back east with my girlfriend to viset her family. Now my girlfriend and I are of faith, and she knew how bad it was when she was forced to go to this so called church when she was little and has told me everything that went on, and the only reason why we were doing this is because we were just making her parents happy. My god I cannot tell you how horrible it was!! My eyes were twitching from frustration and annoyance, pluss I started to bleed from my ears do to the fact this so called "rev" words were so stupid, ignorent, selfish, and moronic it was like razerblades being shoved into my head!! In the end I think I was knocked into a smi comatos state silently vomiting. As soon as it was over the two of us made a mad dash for the car and when we were inside I let out a blood curtling scream and just exploded into a full blown out raged rant that lasted about a good hour or so on how stupid, ignorent, racest, moronc, and retarded that was and how f@#ked up all those people are who believes that mass pile of bull s&*t!!

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel that everything was created for me while I transcend to the next life, world, or whatever you wish to call it. Memories of other people, history in general, people I meet, and the future was all made from my mind to give me something to do - entertainment if you will - while I traverse. The arguement of "God" however is a unique apect to this train of thinking.

For instance with my thoughts, does this mean that I am indeed God? Yes it does, I am the sole creator of everything and nothing. There is absolutely no way to prove of disprove me, but, through math, I am able to tell why I believe I am the only one truly alive right now. But that would be irrelevant to the debate. ^^\

God of the Bible MAY have existed at one point or another, maybe he still lives today in his followers, working through them to bring about miracles.

An all powerful, omnipotent being such as he IS able to create the world in seven days - in fact someone of his caliber could create EVERYTHING in an single instant. You see Energy cannot be made, nor can it be destroyed. It can be manipulated to change properties. Let's say for instance that God is a container with an infinite amount of energy that he and he alone can transform into whatever he wants. It'll be no different to him than it is to us.

An example: Take water, it could be a solid, a liquid, and a gas all within a minute. It could turn to ice, to a liquid substance that we call water, and then it evaporates into a gas where it will hopefully fall back to earth as water. Freezing the gas though will make a liquid, though further freezing creates ice.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but think of us as God for a moment and the water our energy with the three different forms water takes on as the universe, or Earth. We form, created, and distort the form into whatever we as human/god want it to be and thus by manipulating energy we truly become god.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I guess according to the majority of people on this thread I'm ignorant. I believe in the bible literally. I mean if you believe in God and all of the amazing things he can do then why wouldn’t you believe he could do it in six days? I’m not the best Christian and I know I sin, heck everybody does. But my faith is what will save me, and I believe that it was done in six days.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Well I guess according to the majority of people on this thread I'm ignorant. I believe in the bible literally.
    Then you also believe women should be locked away in seclusion during their period, it's okay to keep slaves and that you should sacrifice a bird every few days to keep God happy?

It is a wonder to me that anyone who'd ever read the whole Bible would take it literally.

Some Biblical Law

And because it is too hilarious not to quote:
    "Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians? "

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Then you also believe women should be locked away in seclusion during their period, it's okay to keep slaves and that you should sacrifice a bird every few days to keep God happy?

It is a wonder to me that anyone who'd ever read the whole Bible would take it literally.

Some Biblical Law

And because it is too hilarious not to quote:
    "Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians? "
    How did I know some idiot was going to come on and talk about a bunch of the stuff from the old testement that was disreagarded in the new testement. Congratulations you get to be that lucky person.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billum256 For This Useful Post:

fayt lingod (Mar 24, 2008), Titanofdeath (Mar 24, 2008)

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    How did I know some idiot was going to come on and talk about a bunch of the stuff from the old testement that was disreagarded in the new testement. Congratulations you get to be that lucky person.
    Forgive me. I had forgotten that every discussion about God is automatically one that assumes only Christians matter....

Last I checked... creation is in the Old Testament. So is all that fun stuff about sin, homosexuality being an abomination, the 10 Commandments, and all of the other things Christians still seem to cling to so adamantly when they're trying to point out how sinful everyone else is.

If God is indeed omnipotent and flawless, why would he need to "update" his masterwork? And why do it through a bunch of humans when he could have just zapped the Old Testament out of existance and created nice shiny King James versions for everyone? Since when did you get to pick and choose which parts of "God's Absolute Word" to believe and which parts to throw out?

I would tend to understand why Jews and Muslims think Christians are apostates... :P And maybe they're a wee bit ticked that folks are always assuming that they believe Jesus erased their holy books.

I do not deny the possibility of a God. I deny the possibility of an omnipotent God... and therefore the very concept of an unquestionable Bible (new or old).
    Last edited by tsurara; Mar 24, 2008 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Uh... Creation IS in the Old Testament sweetheart.

Since when did you get to pick and choose which parts of "God's Word" to believe and which parts to throw out?

Remember, Judaism and Islam think Christians are full of **** apostates :P
    A. Don't call me sweetheart
    B. It the obvious beginning. You can't forget your beginnings
    C. The New Testament changed a lot of the previous laws. You have to remember those in the Old Testament were having to get to heaven by acts not by faith. God gave them different laws because of this.
    D. I can see I have another member of AO to add to my prayer list.
    Last edited by tsurara; Mar 24, 2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: God has intervened to correct your spelling

Sig By Me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast