+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creation

Any way my belief lies in the bible: 6 days creation 1 day rest so on. Though it took some time for me to change from believing in big bang to creation.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Mar 24, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

Made by me.

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i also believe in the bible plus yea science has some theories but thats just what they are there are just thing science can possibly cover cus some thing they say dont add up but thats just me i think the idea of god making the world in a week is true because he's god he can do what he wants

sig by me

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why it's pointless to discuss religion with people who believe everything they are told.

Absolute belief is a virtue, insulting those who do not share it is perfectly acceptable (if not a virtue in and of itself), and reality/evidence/other opinions are considered inconsequential and offensive.

I henceforth swear off fighting with religious people unless they are personal friends or folks I think are intelligent enough to debate things other than whether or not I need to be prayed for to a God I want nothing to do with by way of revenge ~_~;

I was behaving myself when someone called me an idiot.

I think I might have a right to be a little mean

But hey, enjoy your prayercircle...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I would still like to know where the "1 Day in Heaven= 1000 Years on Earth" line came from.
    Actually 2 places in the bible imply this...but the reference is really to suggest that God/Lord has no ties to time...not that 1 day truly equals 1000 years.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Personally I believe in creation, it isn't any harder to believe than evolution or the big bang.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

See, this is why I have an open mind and do not believe everything with in the bible, old, new, what ever, I simply take out and use what makes logical sense as I know it was written by Humans. Thus is the reason why it leaves me to fill in the gaps by using historical and scientific information that you can find in any library. Any way I am always open to new ideas, as long as it can be rationalized. Example. The story of David and Goliath. This story is in fact true, HOW EVER!! The bible said that David was a small boy. David was actually in his early twenties, not a child at all. The bible said he was a sheppers boy or something like that. This is true but at this time his state was at war with the philistines and thus signed up in the militia. The sling was an actual weapon used back in the day and was quiet common, not to mention lethal in the right hands, a good pop right to the old noggin would kill a person. Now for Goliath, its true he was tall and a giant of a man, but that was it, he was a man, not a monster. You can walk down the street and find people of irregularly high stature. Look at the NBA players and people in the NFL, they are huge and can easily be called giants. The bible simply twisted it around, and or was accurate at first but some one decided to change it to make it sound more heroic then it really was. A glorification. The bible holds half truths with half exaggeration, with also a large amount of metaphors, old way of life thinking, like the whole lock up your wife when she is on her period thing and that right to hold slaves as tsurara pointed out. That has no relevant in the world we live in today and thus should any one who fallows this sort thing and believe in it whole heartedly at face value, just because it's in the bible should be given a swift kick in the nuts or lower sternum if they are a women.

And Tsurara, you should really calm down, the reason why people have not talked about Jewish or Muslim beliefs is because no one has brought them up. If your so adamant about it why don't you start bring stuff up from the Koran instead of pointing fingers and pretty much insulting every one here (all be it some I agree should be chewed out.)

Ok, if any one has information of the Muslim, Jewish, and any other form of religious beliefs please feel free to express and talk about them. I for one am interested in hearing about it.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post

Personally I believe in creation, it isn't any harder to believe than evolution or the big bang.
    Your kidding right?

Come on, what about those fossil records? Even if you allow for the worst margin of error, its clearly older than 6000 years. Scientist can also look at strata layers of the soil and determine how long it takes fossil, other petrified stuff to be in those layers. When looked at those layers of the earths crust are way older than 6000 years.

Now if the bible said we were around a few hundred 1000 years, and that there was other life around before us, id might believe in it.

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Your kidding right?

Come on, what about those fossil records? Even if you allow for the worst margin of error, its clearly older than 6000 years. Scientist can also look at strata layers of the soil and determine how long it takes fossil, other petrified stuff to be in those layers. When looked at those layers of the earths crust are way older than 6000 years.

Now if the bible said we were around a few hundred 1000 years, and that there was other life around before us, id might believe in it.
    yea yea we can tell how long it take to make fossil thousand of years right then how come we have found trees that are fossilized through layers. how would that be possible.http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-petrified-tree.jpg

sig by me

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Most people who are religious are, thankfully, not religious 24-7. Religion guides them in major decisions and comes to the forefront in times of trouble... but during daily interactions and events: most religious folk leave their Bible at home (if they've ever even bothered to read it).

My beliefs are 95% incompatable with the Christian majority in the United States, including two ex-boyfriends who were churchgoing, involved in campus religious groups and wore crosses to sleep. I still had a 2 year-long relationship with a Christian in which we fought over religion maybe... three times, ever... and never did it get ugly.

MOST people seem to think that belief is personal... and while, if given the opportunity to express their religious views in an argument they will, most aren't walking around with Jesus and creation on the mind all the time.

I don't think that your belief in where the world came from kajillions of years ago greatly affects your personality, life view or ability to percieve the fallout of more recent historical events all that much.

Just to let this out here how do you date 2 christian guys dont the christian beleave that all gays go to hell. Cause it is a sin so what you have said flawed.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast