+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creation

Just to let this out here how do you date 2 christian guys dont the christian beleave that all gays go to hell. Cause it is a sin so what you have said flawed.
    well we do believe it a sin and if you dont repent and do as the bible says yea you will go to hell.
    Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

sig by me

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in Creation as well, though i dont really care what everyone else thinks, I have my beliefs, and I dont lean on someone elses either. To all those who think differently, that all good for you.

I would also like to say that aruging about your own thoughts trying to presuade others is kinda childish, if they dont want to think a certain way they shouldnt have too, the same goes to the people name calling because of this stuff. RESPECT others beliefs as well!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titanofdeath View Post
    Just to let this out here how do you date 2 christian guys dont the christian beleave that all gays go to hell.
    Don't tell me you think Tsurara is a man? :covers mouth with hand: Or did I misunderstand something...

click to show spoiler
    Last edited by abby724; Mar 24, 2008 at 09:42 AM.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

its possible that the world was created through evolution. but its obvious that there had to be a creator in my mind becuase of how intricate and beautiful things are and how we work. none of that came about by chance. thats how i feel anyway.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Your kidding right?

Come on, what about those fossil records? Even if you allow for the worst margin of error, its clearly older than 6000 years. Scientist can also look at strata layers of the soil and determine how long it takes fossil, other petrified stuff to be in those layers. When looked at those layers of the earths crust are way older than 6000 years.

Now if the bible said we were around a few hundred 1000 years, and that there was other life around before us, id might believe in it.
    You assume too much about what I believe, when did I ever say that the earth was 6000 years old? The Bible does not give a “date” or “age” of the earth nor does it give us a “true” means to know how old it is. The monk who came up with 6,000 years was trying to trace back to the exact year with an incomplete biblical genealogy. How can you come back to something when parts of your “numbers” are missing or unclear? Thus the 6,000 years is junk. How old is the earth? NO ONE KNOWS and to me, it doesn’t matter.

Not to mention science has 0, none, notta means of judging anything’s “true” age. It is all THEORY, carbon dating isn’t accurate. Within “x” is still wrong and if you can’t even get it “right” without a huge margin of error what is to say to your margin of error is even close to being “right”…I mean what is the margin of error on your margin of error?? Recursive it is... why yes, yes it is.

Also Scientists are and have been historically “wrong” on darn near everything, why? Because it is all guess work and theories, Science is about the possibilities and if they hold any merit or plausibility, not if they are "true and fact". Science cannot prove anything and it doesn't try. They just theorize, test and draw conclusions. The progression is that with more tests hopefully the conclusions will be come more reliable in the sense we can use them to progress mankind.

People forget scientists traditionally believed the world to be flat. Yes the Catholics did suppress the theory of the world being “round and not the center of the universe” but it doesn’t change the fact that for century’s science had it wrong. So what if the Catholics also had a bad theory (which has no real biblical basis) guess that makes them even with science on that one. In 50 years we will have hundreds of new theories (which also can’t be proven); like for instance there is one Scientist that believes we are in only 1 of a whole sea of millions of Universes.

So why do people think the Bible is so hard to believe when science changes what it thinks every few years?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanofdeath View Post
    Just to let this out here how do you date 2 christian guys dont the christian beleave that all gays go to hell. Cause it is a sin so what you have said flawed.
    Why are we discussing gays in a CREATION thread? Also if you don’t KNOW what you are talking about then don’t bring it up. Gays don’t go to hell for being gay, yes it is a sin but sin doesn’t send you to hell. Otherwise we all would be there: “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” The fact is the “wages of sin is DEATH”…not hell.

The only thing that sends one to hell is unbelief in Jesus as your lord and savior. Now if you want to “discuss” it some more PM me or start a new topic.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

For me to believe in Creation, I'd need to believe God exists, and that's just not going to happen. More to the point of the debate I suppose, is that I think along the lines of Russell's Teapot. A lack of conclusive evidence on the part of science means nothing towards proving Creation to be any more likely.

Well, those are my two cents, anyways. And to think I could have spent those two cents on penny candy....

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The outpouring of hate-mail I recieved overnight is truly touching, and telling of some members' devotion to "Christ-like" thinking.

To Answer It All Here:

1) For some reason, some gays are masochistic enough to be Christian:
    CHRISTIANGAYS.COM: Gay & Lesbian Christian Fellowship
    2) I am female
    3) I was called an idiot, I can't recall having called anyone else one
    4) I did not ban the user in question, I issued one 35 point infraction for "insulting a member" (for calling me an idiot without provocation)
    5) Muslims and Jews believe in the very same account of creation as Christians... I see no reason to qualify which religion I'm speaking about when saying that the story doesn't strike me as likely or literally true. The laws of Leviticus, the only other portion of the Bible I referenced by name are also applied in Islam and Judaism (though in Islam they are attributed to someone else). I never said that I was speaking to or of Christians -- I was discussing the topic at hand: Biblical Creation.
    6) After being told that I was an idiot for bringing up Biblical Law because the Covenant with Christ has erased it completely, I was then sent an e-mail informing me that homosexuality is a sin and that I will go to hell for it. I find this to be an ironic confirmation that Christians do, indeed, often "pick and choose" which portions of the Bible to apply to themselves and to others as they find them convenient.

In closing, a quote from Ghandi... a man the literal Bible would also put in hell:

" I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ. "

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The outpouring of hate-mail I recieved overnight is truly touching, and telling of some members' devotion to "Christ-like" thinking.

To Answer It All Here:

1) For some reason, some gays are masochistic enough to be Christian:
    CHRISTIANGAYS.COM: Gay & Lesbian Christian Fellowship
    2) I am female
    3) I was called an idiot, I can't recall having called anyone else one
    4) I did not ban the user in question, I issued one 35 point infraction for "insulting a member" (for calling me an idiot without provocation)
    5) Muslims and Jews believe in the very same account of creation as Christians... I see no reason to qualify which religion I'm speaking about when saying that the story doesn't strike me as likely or literally true. The laws of Leviticus, the only other portion of the Bible I referenced by name are also applied in Islam and Judaism (though in Islam they are attributed to someone else). I never said that I was speaking to or of Christians -- I was discussing the topic at hand: Biblical Creation.
    6) After being told that I was an idiot for bringing up Biblical Law because the Covenant with Christ has erased it completely, I was then sent an e-mail informing me that homosexuality is a sin and that I will go to hell for it. I find this to be an ironic confirmation that Christians do, indeed, often "pick and choose" which portions of the Bible to apply to themselves and to others as they find them convenient.

In closing, a quote from Ghandi... a man the literal Bible would also put in hell:

" I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ. "
    Lol, you don't have to literally say that we are idiots, your wording and phrasing generally says it all.

Some people still didn't know that you were Female? Hell I haven't been here that long and I already figured that out.

And all the hate mail you got from those people, all I have to say is this...ITS THE ATTACK OF THE ZELOTS!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast