+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 65 to 72 of 102

Thread: Creation

  1. #65
    NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Creation

    i take more metiphorically. like it says 6 days to me i think of it being say 6billion years. somthing like that.
    and as for evolution i think of it as god put everything in place to happen. and then let it happen.

    ~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to P.R. Princess For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Mar 27, 2008)

  3. #66
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    well in th story of Noah, he brought on his ship, 2 animals of every kind, male and female to restart the process once the flood had died. So I dont think there would have been an extinction
    Well think about it. Back then they had to use wind as a form of power for ships during this time. Wind power is a natural form of energy and is for the most part renewable and unlimited, but the problem is that its not very reliable, as in you can have a full days worth of strong steady wind and then be perfectly calm for several days, even weeks or months at the worst, leaving you stranded. And even if you did have a constant steady supply of wind power it would still be incredibly slow. If he were to get two animals of each kind that would mean he would have to travel around the world and go to every country on every continent in every environment imaginable to acquire said animals. Using wind power to go to what is now America would have taken two or three months. And once there would spend years if not the rest of his life gathering two of every animal from North America, Canada, Mexico, and South America, not to mention every island around there. And if he hasn’t died by now from injury, sickness, or old age, he would then have to travel to Asia, Australia, and every single island there. Then go to Japan, China, Vietnam, Korea, Russia, and so one and so forth. Sense the average life span back then was roughly around 45 years or so he would have died long before he could finish his work. Not to mention that in the bible god gave Noah only a limited amount of time. This is an impossible feet to pull off. Not to mention if you think about it, putting two of every animal on a single ship... Do you have any idea how huge that would be? The ship would have to be the size of say Japan or California. A ship that size would be so huge and heavy it would rip its self apart. No to mention complete and total global deforestation which after the flood would wipe out all plant life.

    Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    i take more metiphorically. like it says 6 days to me i think of it being say 6billion years. somthing like that.
    and as for evolution i think of it as god put everything in place to happen. and then let it happen.
    That sounds much more reasinable.

  4. #67
    NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    That sounds much more reasinable
    lol yea im glad you think so. lol.
    yea i had a hard time believeing that it was made in just 6 days. Like i am a big christain but somtimes its just you cant take literally. It can be seen in a metiphorical way.

    ~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

  5. #68
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    lol yea im glad you think so. lol.
    yea i had a hard time believeing that it was made in just 6 days. Like i am a big christain but somtimes its just you cant take literally. It can be seen in a metiphorical way.
    That’s how I feel about it to. I don’t believe that these stories were completely made up as historical records can confirm that most of them did happen, but that they were greatly exaggerated by the bible and the people of that time. Back then people had no concept of millions, and billions of years. They simply could not wrap their minds around that. They had no idea that the world was in fact much much much larger then they really thought it was. They didn't understand natural phenomenon such as Earth quakes, storms, droughts, and plagues, germs, and viruses were. So the could only explain it in a way they could understand things at that time. Even when we know now today that their explanations were clearly, totally, and utterly wrong. Not saying they were stupid, just that they didn’t know better. Not to mention they liked to blow things out of proportion when telling these stories to make it sound much grander then they really were. Sort like the fish that got away.

  6. #69
    Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the end, it doesn' really matter.
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    That’s how I feel about it to. I don’t believe that these stories were completely made up as historical records can confirm that most of them did happen, but that they were greatly exaggerated by the bible and the people of that time. Back then people had no concept of millions, and billions of years. They simply could not wrap their minds around that. They had no idea that the world was in fact much much much larger then they really thought it was. They didn't understand natural phenomenon such as Earth quakes, storms, droughts, and plagues, germs, and viruses were. So the could only explain it in a way they could understand things at that time. Even when we know now today that their explanations were clearly, totally, and utterly wrong. Not saying they were stupid, just that they didn’t know better. Not to mention they liked to blow things out of proportion when telling these stories to make it sound much grander then they really were. Sort like the fish that got away.
    Not ta mention that these stories were told for many generations 'fore they were finally written down and then compiled. With each tellin' the story was slightly changed or exaggerated, it's not that the story didn' have any historical signifigance; it's jus' that it's no longer exactly the way it had happened. This is also what happened wit many Native American oral traditions. One has ta remember that many of the Bible's, in particular the ones in the Old Testament, stories were, originally, told orally. So they're most likely stories that r based on events that actually happened, but were changed wit each tellin' 'fore they were finally written down.

    Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

  7. #70
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Not ta mention that these stories were told for many generations 'fore they were finally written down and then compiled. With each tellin' the story was slightly changed or exaggerated, it's not that the story didn' have any historical signifigance; it's jus' that it's no longer exactly the way it had happened. This is also what happened wit many Native American oral traditions. One has ta remember that many of the Bible's, in particular the ones in the Old Testament, stories were, originally, told orally. So they're most likely stories that r based on events that actually happened, but were changed wit each tellin' 'fore they were finally written down.
    Not to mention as the religion really started to get going, priests, bishops and other in the churches high order started to making changes to it, taking thing out, adding things in, so on and so forth. After all, who would dare challenge the church? Any one who did would be killed because that would be considered heresy and against god and blah blah blah when in fact people were just simply scratching there heads saying wait a minute, something is not right, and the rest takes care of its self. That can be said for all the religions by the way.

  8. #71
    Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Well think about it. Back then they had to use wind as a form of power for ships during this time. Wind power is a natural form of energy and is for the most part renewable and unlimited, but the problem is that its not very reliable, as in you can have a full days worth of strong steady wind and then be perfectly calm for several days, even weeks or months at the worst, leaving you stranded. And even if you did have a constant steady supply of wind power it would still be incredibly slow. If he were to get two animals of each kind that would mean he would have to travel around the world and go to every country on every continent in every environment imaginable to acquire said animals. Using wind power to go to what is now America would have taken two or three months. And once there would spend years if not the rest of his life gathering two of every animal from North America, Canada, Mexico, and South America, not to mention every island around there. And if he hasn’t died by now from injury, sickness, or old age, he would then have to travel to Asia, Australia, and every single island there. Then go to Japan, China, Vietnam, Korea, Russia, and so one and so forth. Sense the averge life span back then was roughly around 45 years or so he would have died long before he could finish his work. Not to mention that in the bible god gave Noah only a limited amount of time. This is an impossible feet to pull off. Not to mention if you think about it, putting two of every animal on a single ship... Do you have any idea how huge that would be? The ship would have to be the size of say Japan or California. A ship that size would be so huge and heavy it would rip its self apart. No to mention complete and total global deforestation which after the flood would wipe out all plant life.
    one the animals he would not have to go get cus it not that hard to say if you believe god flooded the earth why could he not just have the animals came to noah.

    as for wind the ark did not have a sail it had a roof cus it was just make to last and it give how big it is in the bible Genesis 6:15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. 16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.

    o and the averge life span being 45 i dont know were you got that because acording to the bible noah was already at least already 500
    Genesis 5:32 After Noah was 500 years old, he became the father of Shem, Ham and Japheth.

    and adam lived 930 years and thats not even close to 45
    Genesis 5:5 Altogether, Adam lived 930 years, and then he died.

    sig by me

  9. #72
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Creation

    Quote Originally Posted by xbeyondxthexgravex View Post
    one the animals he would not have to go get cus it not that hard to say if you believe god flooded the earth why could he not just have the animals came to noah.

    as for wind the ark did not have a sail it had a roof cus it was just make to last and it give how big it is in the bible Genesis 6:15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. 16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.

    o and the averge life span being 45 i dont know were you got that because acording to the bible noah was already at least already 500
    Genesis 5:32 After Noah was 500 years old, he became the father of Shem, Ham and Japheth.

    and adam lived 930 years and thats not even close to 45
    Genesis 5:5 Altogether, Adam lived 930 years, and then he died.
    One. It still begs the question as to how the animals from the continents of North America, South America, and Canada, and Australia could get to him. And if you say by going through the channels between Alaska and Russia well the water there is so deep and so cold it would kill anything in about 30 minutes. All be it that would shorten the amount of time it would take to get the animals if god summoned them to where Noah was but still.

    Two. I never said it was the Ark that he would use to go around getting all the animals now did I. He could have use a different boat all together before building the Ark. Now I am an Engineer, those dimensions you gave for the size of the Ark would make it close to the size of an aircraft carrier. Now a ship made of wood could be built to that size, it has been proven that it can and I am not arguing that. But to hold two of every kind of animal all around the world would have to be much bigger then that.
    I will retract my clame that the ship would have to be the size of Japan or California, to hold two of all the animals of the world, it would have to be the size of a small city. Which is still much bigger then any aircraft carrier. How ever, now if you say two of every animal in his world, as in the area he lived which is the Middle East, and a two of a few animals that were imported from Egypt, Europe and India, then yes I can see that possibly working.

    Look in a historical text book on the average life span of people during this time, very few lived past 50. And as for him living up to be over 500 years old would mean living 10 times longer then any living person in the world at this or any other time, and his son 20 times longer then any living creature in the world. When the bible depicted his age, I don't by that one bit. Now I am of faith but I have a hard time swallowing that pill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Useless creation
    By Rave_Grip in forum Poems
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
  2. Brush creation
    By FLawEdmiNd in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2007, 06:53 PM
  3. My own creation
    By EternalNaraku77 in forum Poems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2006, 09:41 PM
  4. Creation of the Universe
    By fayt lingod in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2006, 11:33 AM
  5. Evolution Versus Creation...
    By SousukeSagara in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2006, 12:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts