+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation of the Universe

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Creation of the Universe

hello AO members. funny that this would be the 1st thread i make after all these posts...

how do you think that the universe was created? deffend your answers please, i like to "discuss" this topic.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creation of the Universe

^_^ i know that a lot more people would defend science's theories in this thread more than the GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE thing.... the same thing would happen in the ''evolution vs creation'' thread.... but i still believe that God created the universe... just look at it this way, science's theory is the big bang theory... their explanation is that the universe just came from scratch and then just appear there in a flash and then there it is, the universe.... and they also just call it a theory because they really dont know if its real or not... they called it a theory because its just a guess... they never proved that their theory was right.... and other scientists' beliefs are different... so others try there best to prove that they are right and the others are wrong... but until now, all those theories remain as theories...
    Last edited by cloud_902; Aug 05, 2006 at 10:32 PM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

well i was told to make this thread b/c this wan't the question in the other one. but i agree, and i think that many of the pplz here would do good to remember that a "fact" like the big bang should change or it is just a theory.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

^_^ i know that a lot more people would defend science's theories in this thread more than the GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE thing.... the same thing would happen in the ''evolution vs creation'' thread.... but i still believe that God created the universe... just look at it this way, science's theory is the big bang theory... their explanation is that the universe just came from scratch and then just appear there in a flash and then theere it is, the universe.... and they also just call it a theory because they really dont know the real if its real or not... they called it a theory because its just a guess... they never proved that their theory was right.... and other scientists' beliefs are different... so others try there best to prove that they are right and the others are wrong... but until now, all those theories remain as theories...
    Whether or not you believe a sentient-sapient supreme being created the universe or not isn't something I care about, but your view of the scientific method and modern physics/astromony is fundamentally flawed if that is what you think.

It's difficult to explain to someone who doesn't seem to have any concept of what science is about, but a "theory" in modern science is much more than a guess, and theories with a great deal of evidence to support them are generally treated as fact.

The only thing missing in the Big Bang theory is the fact humans can't travel a few billion years into the past and video tape it happening. A part of the scientific method is about observation, which is why they call something that is almost certainly fact a "theory".

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok the Universe wasnt created from nothing and wasnt created by god. It always existed and always will, see tehres a cycle. Big Big Bang Big crunch Big Bang Big Crunch Big Bang Big Crunch Forever.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, normally I would close this, but i think this can be a interesting discussion. I removed all the previous hostility and off topic crap. If you guys want this left open lets keep it on topic. This isnt a topic about if god existed or not, or how religion sucks. Its about how the universe came about. Let keep it going on that point. Like how it was going in the creation VS evolution thread.

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ok the Universe wasnt created from nothing and wasnt created by god. It always existed and always will, see tehres a cycle. Big Big Bang Big crunch Big Bang Big Crunch Big Bang Big Crunch Forever.
    What an extremely basic, disappointing, dissatisfying answer you give! While I don't doubt the Big Bang did occur, I think you (and modern science) are just barely skimming the top of a deep ocean.

Banned SilentAssasin may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofDestiny
    What an extremely basic, disappointing, dissatisfying answer you give! While I don't doubt the Big Bang did occur, I think you (and modern science) are just barely skimming the top of a deep ocean.
    Being this is my first post in this thread, I'd say that I think that the universe was created by god. Not the "Big Bang Theory". I mean Where do you think even the fist piece of land came from or anything for that matter. It didn't come from nowhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast