Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Creationism or Evolutionism...????

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Creationism or Evolutionism...????

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Ta ta ta Miroku. Gods ALMIGHTY! He/she/it could have done it in less than a second if he/she/it really wanted to.
    Go hassun!!!!
    To deodaclan: I'll ask that and I'll post later on about that.
    Last edited by lebasiara; Feb 28, 2007 at 06:27 PM.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Creationism or Evolutionism...????

^ Yep, yep. I agree with Leb-chan. No one questions God

@Kat: Yes. I agree with you too. In order to proficiently read the bible, you have to be able to "read between the lines". Of course not everything is accurate, but as said many times before, it acts as merely a guide.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

analogy:
    The watch is a complex machine. What would you believe better? "A man came and made the peaces for the watch and then put them together" or "Suddenly an explosion of materials made them get together forming a weird mass and then this mass evolved to a watch"

The human being is a more complex creation. It is easier to believe that was created by a greater being (GOd) than to believe that a sudden explosion created life... don't you think??
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I believe in evolution. We have fossils to prove that the Neanderthals lived for about 200,000 years and before them the dinosaurs roamed. That is a lot of time to evolve. How can it be possible that we came at the same time the earth was created as the common day homosapien when we have human skulls to prove otherwise. Evolution is in our everyday lives and not just in the past. We bacteria and viruses evolve into stronger ones every year, which is why when your on an antibiotic your suppose to finish the bottle. This is to ensure the virus has been totally wiped out and is not able to adjust or evolve to survive the antibiotic. It is hard to grasp how long the earth has been around because we have only seen a glimpse if even that. We are able to see how old mountains and trees are by their layers, and we can see mountain evolution that is much older than a few thousand years. There is too much easy proof against the bible for me to believe in it. Not to mention one could ask about the people of the earth that suffer on a day to day basis. African children that have lost their parents to aids and have been told that they themselves will not live long. And not because of aids but from malnutrition and other disease in their water. How does the bible justify them?

Thanks

Wink Re: Creationism or Evolutionism...????

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    I believe in evolution. We have fossils to prove that the Neanderthals lived for about 200,000 years and before them the dinosaurs roamed. That is a lot of time to evolve. How can it be possible that we came at the same time the earth was created as the common day homosapien when we have human skulls to prove otherwise. Evolution is in our everyday lives and not just in the past. We bacteria and viruses evolve into stronger ones every year, which is why when your on an antibiotic your suppose to finish the bottle. This is to ensure the virus has been totally wiped out and is not able to adjust or evolve to survive the antibiotic. It is hard to grasp how long the earth has been around because we have only seen a glimpse if even that. We are able to see how old mountains and trees are by their layers, and we can see mountain evolution that is much older than a few thousand years. There is too much easy proof against the bible for me to believe in it. Not to mention one could ask about the people of the earth that suffer on a day to day basis. African children that have lost their parents to aids and have been told that they themselves will not live long. And not because of aids but from malnutrition and other disease in their water. How does the bible justify them?
    Have you ever read the bible or just all the comments against it???
    Have you ever read "The case of Chrsit"? do you know that the author was a strong atheist and after REALLY study the bible and study God... he got saved??? He wrote that book trying to proove God's non existance and to explain that the theory of the evolution was right... and he accepted that Jesus is the light, the truth and the way. He got converted. It is interesting to read the book from the beggining to the end. I suggest you to read it.
    Oh! and if you are going to bring out the "finding of "Jesus" bones, tell you ahead that i am happy that they found them along with the deck of cards that Jesus used to play poker with his disciples, and the appartment and the tv along with that.

For the suffering thing, this is not a perfect world, God never wanted that... but the sin and the death are here... and the prince of this world reigns til Christ comes and defeats him. So of course there is going to be unfairness, afliction and all that stuff...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Come on you honestly believe we all came from two ppl., the earth was made in like 6 or 7 days, and all the species of the earth fit on nohas ark? Evolution make much more sense.
    Which parts of evolution Miroku? Genetic drift? Natural selection? Or the belief that some singular celled organism that somehow came to be from an unknown ooze somehow spawned multi-celled humans? I have no problem with the first two. In fact I believe in them rather strongly since we (humans) use them to our advantage all the time when breeding. It also shortens the list for the ark considerably doesn't it?

As for your first question since sibling marriages were common until the last two millenniums I see no issue with the race starting with two people. No matter which of the two you believe in it had to start with two somebodies somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Yeah, I thought that a day could represent 1 to 1000 years of human time standards in the bible?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    That just sounds like your rationalizing things.
    Actually there is no need to rationalize it since the scriptures tell us that Gods time is not as ours is. Define what a day is and then tell me how long it is when your not on the earth.

Personally?

I firmly do not believe in the popular understanding of evolution. I find it without basis and severely flawed. It saddens me to hear people claim it has been proven when not only hasn't it but enough things have been discovered to cast serious doubt on any possible validity to beneficial genetic mutation. A genetic scientist once said that the only reason it hasn't been discarded as a theory is because the only thing they have to replace it with is creationism. I guess believing that some aliens must have "seeded" the world is considered nutters.

As I said before in another thread I believe in creationism personally because I believe in an omnipotent God. If he really does know everything then he would know all about this genetic manipulation that we are only now grasping at. If we can clone whole animals, plants, and organs why would an all knowing God have any trouble in creating all that and more? It's all in knowing how to do it. More importantly if you know how to create organisms from basic nucleoi why do you even NEED evolution?

It's just logical.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Have you ever read the bible or just all the comments against it???
    Have you ever read "The case of Chrsit"? do you know that the author was a strong atheist and after REALLY study the bible and study God... he got saved??? He wrote that book trying to proove God's non existance and to explain that the theory of the evolution was right... and he accepted that Jesus is the light, the truth and the way. He got converted. It is interesting to read the book from the beggining to the end. I suggest you to read it.
    Oh! and if you are going to bring out the "finding of "Jesus" bones, tell you ahead that i am happy that they found them along with the deck of cards that Jesus used to play poker with his disciples, and the appartment and the tv along with that.

For the suffering thing, this is not a perfect world, God never wanted that... but the sin and the death are here... and the prince of this world reigns til Christ comes and defeats him. So of course there is going to be unfairness, afliction and all that stuff...
    Im sorry but what does Atheism have to do with evolution. It is possible to believe in a god without the bible or religion. I didnt say anything about the tomb, actually Arianna cleared that up for me the other night and Im not a scholor when it comes to the bible but doesnt its teachings tell us that we should do everything in our personal power to help those who suffer? Isnt that what Jesus was trying to teach us? We do so little for the suffering it is disgusting.
    Arrianna I can see your logic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    Im sorry but what does Atheism have to do with evolution. It is possible to believe in a god without the bible or religion. I didnt say anything about the tomb, actually Arianna cleared that up for me the other night and Im not a scholor when it comes to the bible but doesnt its teachings tell us that we should do everything in our personal power to help those who suffer? Isnt that what Jesus was trying to teach us? We do so little for the suffering it is disgusting.
    Arrianna I can see your logic.
    Actually I think you cannot believe in God and not to believe on His word. That's just no possible, on my opinion
    About the teachings of Jesus, yes He teaches us that, but that is not the limit of His teachings. Furthermore, because He teaches it does not mean the human being is going to listen. We are very hard headed you know? We don't listen... we should though... so this world 'll be a better place to live in

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast