Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 86

Thread: Cutting art from schools!

  1. #9
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Cutting art from schools!

    It's probably because those are classes that can be taken outside school. When I was in high school I never had any art classes. I took twelve subjects for my HSCs and none of them were related to art. I don't think I really needed art classes then. Where I'm from, academic achievement is pretty much the main emphasis, and authorities don't seem to want to implement anything that isn't really necessary (i.e. art classes for Science students). Of course, there were Art classes for the Arts stream students.

    Not that I'm against it or anything. There are art classes available everywhere. If you can't do art in school, just do it elsewhere.

  2. #10
    Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Talking Re: Cutting art from schools!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    It's probably because those are classes that can be taken outside school. When I was in high school I never had any art classes. I took twelve subjects for my HSCs and none of them were related to art. I don't think I really needed art classes then. Where I'm from, academic achievement is pretty much the main emphasis, and authorities don't seem to want to implement anything that isn't really necessary (i.e. art classes for Science students). Of course, there were Art classes for the Arts stream students.

    Not that I'm against it or anything. There are art classes available everywhere. If you can't do art in school, just do it elsewhere.
    Not everyone has that possibility gurl.... at least not everyone that goes to HS
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

  3. #11
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Cutting art from schools!

    Uh, okay. What possibility are you talking about? +__+

  4. #12
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Cutting art from schools!

    I believe she means about doing it elsewhere. That if there isn't any art classes in school, there is no where else a person can go.. or they possibly do not have a ride.. etc.

  5. #13
    Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Cutting art from schools!

    Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    That's the most stupid thing that the govt could do.... art as u say is life. Is sometimes the only way for ppl to espress themselves!!!! because for them that's the only way and that is totally ok! If they take out art from schools they are taking peaces of life and heart from the schools

    PS: they are not only wanting to take out from school visual art... they are wanting to take out music as well... I am very upset about that.. 'cos as art is life for u.... music is my life and I bet there are a lot of kids that think so about music as well...
    Wow, that is stuped! Art is an important part of life and a way for many people to express themselves. I have friends that take two different art classes because they enjoy it so much. Whoever thought of that is incredibly stuped!


  6. #14
    Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Cutting art from schools!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Wow, that is stuped! Art is an important part of life and a way for many people to express themselves. I have friends that take two different art classes because they enjoy it so much. Whoever thought of that is incredibly stuped!
    To many people at my school do art thing for them to take it away. Plus we have so many people that would throw a fit about it. It is pretty stupid that someone would take away the art classes. It's almost like taking away a part of a persons life.

    Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

  7. #15
    Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Talking Re: Cutting art from schools!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Uh, okay. What possibility are you talking about? +__+
    That not every one can effort it......

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I believe she means about doing it elsewhere. That if there isn't any art classes in school, there is no where else a person can go.. or they possibly do not have a ride.. etc.
    This too..... not everyone has a ride or a possibility to get there specially if it is far away from their homes or HS
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

  8. #16
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Cutting art from schools!

    Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    That's the most stupid thing that the govt could do.... art as u say is life. Is sometimes the only way for ppl to espress themselves!!!! because for them that's the only way and that is totally ok! If they take out art from schools they are taking peaces of life and heart from the schools

    PS: they are not only wanting to take out from school visual art... they are wanting to take out music as well... I am very upset about that.. 'cos as art is life for u.... music is my life and I bet there are a lot of kids that think so about music as well...

    Yup, that sucks. I LOVE art! And music is art too! My favorite classes in high school were music classes. I never had art until my senior year in high school, but I drew all the time! When I worked for Lincoln Elementary School, I used art as a reference for most subjects when I tutored. My mom is a teacher, and she agrees that art is fundamental in the learning proccess. You gotta have some kind of fun while learning, and you have to have some way to express your emotions without endangering others, so why would you cut art from schools???

    One of my close friends is setting up a bunch of fundraising events to keep art in schools. His band and about 16 others so far are gonna perform and use the money to give to the school district; so they can keep art in schools. Because, I guess the city of Minneapolis can't afford to keep art in schools! To make matters worse, they're closing about eight schools in the Metro area in order to be more "efficient". WTF??? My high school is on that list!!! Has the government gone mad???


Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2007, 01:17 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2007, 07:26 PM
  3. Cutting themselves
    By Aya-kun in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
  4. Cutting down forests to make toilet paper
    By _gwenibe_ in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2006, 02:07 AM
  5. schools boring
    By kedasuyu in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2005, 09:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts