Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting art from schools!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Cutting art from schools!

Quote Originally Posted by TumbleDry View Post
    No, Art is a waste of any schools budget. It’s a waste of taxpayer’s money.

Everyone knows that kids in art class learn nothing. If you wanna learn art, do it on your own time.

What a good school needs is 9 hours of hardcore academics.
    A waste of tax dollars??? Where the f*** do you live?? Under a rock??? Do you even pay taxes?? Are you even old enough???

Art is very neccessary! Without art (be it music or visual), this planet would be nothing more than a boring ball of dirt and grass; where the people had no other form of expressing themselves without having to resort to violence or some sort of verbal abuse.

Without art, certain students wouldn't be able to comprehend certain subjects--like math. I used to be one of those kids. It was through art that I was able to comprehend math. It was through art that I was able to understand a lot of things in school. I never listened in class, unless I was drawing. Most kids took notes--I drew.

If it wasn't for visual arts and music theory, I'd have no education what-so-ever. So, don't you dare think that art is a waste of tax dollars, because if that were the case, people wouldn't be making money off of your sorry a**. What, with all the cartoons and merchandise that comes with the territory. Not to mention the people who take the time and energy to make all of the nifty designs and graphics that I'm sure that you put on your computer's desktop or your web site's background.

Art is VERY important!!! Not just in schools, but in life as well.

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting art from schools!

Wow. That's really sad. How can you cut art out of schools like that? Art is, and has always been, an important part of civilation for thousands of years. This goes as far back as Egyptian pottery and even the pyraminds themselves on through history to Botticelli and Picasso. Removing art is like taking away a large piece of human culture. To remove all the arts...even dancing, is something that shouldn't be done in school. Some would even say that writing is an art, but you don't see schools cutting that out.
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Self Loving Carnage View Post
    Wow. That's really sad. How can you cut art out of schools like that? Art is, and has always been, an important part of civilation for thousands of years. This goes as far back as Egyptian pottery and even the pyraminds themselves on through history to Botticelli and Picasso. Removing art is like taking away a large piece of human culture. To remove all the arts...even dancing, is something that shouldn't be done in school. Some would even say that writing is an art, but you don't see schools cutting that out.

Good point. Writing is considered an art-form. Yet, there's mad english and poetry classes in schools. I don't understand. Why not cut english? Hell, math plays a huge role in art. Why not cut math as well?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Cutting art from schools!

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Good point. Writing is considered an art-form. Yet, there's mad english and poetry classes in schools. I don't understand. Why not cut english? Hell, math plays a huge role in art. Why not cut math as well?
    Cos art isn't consider "academic" like the others... I think that's just stupid and non-sense.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Cos art isn't consider "academic" like the others... I think that's just stupid and non-sense.....
    True, art isn't as important to society as it used to be. You don't see people awed by marvelous paintings or talk of great painters anymore.
    But I think that art is a tradition that we shouldn't let die. Some time ago, being artistic was a greatly admired skill and there were many schools for it if you excelled in it.
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Self Loving Carnage View Post
    True, art isn't as important to society as it used to be. You don't see people awed by marvelous paintings or talk of great painters anymore.
    But I think that art is a tradition that we shouldn't let die. Some time ago, being artistic was a greatly admired skill and there were many schools for it if you excelled in it.
    It is a shame though.... cos thanks to art we've internet and computers and all this technology outside......
    It is a shame that ppl do not see this.
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Art should be a basic class offered in third grade, fifth grade, seventh grade, ninth grade, and as a possible elective in every grade after.

Music should be taught in second grade (basic concepts) and again in fourth grade (also fairly basic concepts). After this there should be many different instruments you can play in school bands and the like, but it should not be mandatory.

Dance belongs in dancing school and nowhere else. I recall the once yearly line dancing we were taught in my school, none of us thought to kindly of it since we live in New York, about 1500 miles from the nearest area where line dancing is practiced.

I do not support art in college however, I feel that true art is something which you develop on your own and in your own style. And I will state that art, unlike dance and music is a hobby and not an occupation.

Thanks

I think one cannot develop art without any guiadance.
    Music is not just a hobbie...... there is many ppl that works in music, and they are paid for it. I plan to workon music too and not teaching it.... but music performance. That is more than a hobbie.
    SOmething that I agree with u is that the basis on every kind of art shold be thought from elementary (or even kinder) to HS.
    For me art maked the person more cult.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast