Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting art from schools!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting art from schools!

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Cos art isn't consider "academic" like the others... I think that's just stupid and non-sense.....

The hell it isn't!!! During the rennisance, most scholars studied art! Art is just as educational as math, english, science and phy ed!!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    The hell it isn't!!! During the rennisance, most scholars studied art! Art is just as educational as math, english, science and phy ed!!
    Yes, but the ppl that want it out don't see that anymore..... they are just watching for "academic" stuff.... what they don't see is that they are taking out the heart of the academic.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually I stated that art was a hobby, while music and dance were occupations.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_Vegeta View Post
    Actually I stated that art was a hobby, while music and dance were occupations.
    Why can't visual art be counted as an occupation? People get paid for it! Dance and music are forms of art, and you just single out visual, like it's nothin'! That's F***** crazy! And BTW--Dance shouldn't be left in dance schools solely. That's unfair to the kids and parents who can't afford it. My school had a dance program! Why can't others?

Why are there people who choose to knock art like it's nothing at all?! Without art, we'd all be dull!!! Keep art alive!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, there are vocations where 'Art' is an occupation, such as Animators, Advertising, Architects, etc., etc.

The real issue of this question are the Education requirements setup by the local State Govemernts. There usually setup where schools MUST TEACH math and science, history, English language, etc., while other subjects, such as art and music are optional. So when budgets get tight, what subjects get cut back first??? The real crux of this issue is why aren't the State and local governments not raising taxes to provide sufficient school funding, and why aren't the local voting public clamoring for increased school funding!!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, there are vocations where 'Art' is an occupation, such as Animators, Advertising, Architects, etc., etc.

The real issue of this question are the Education requirements setup by the local State Govemernts. There usually setup where schools MUST TEACH math and science, history, English language, etc., while other subjects, such as art and music are optional. So when budgets get tight, what subjects get cut back first??? The real crux of this issue is why aren't the State and local governments not raising taxes to provide sufficient school funding, and why aren't the local voting public clamoring for increased school funding!!!
    Thank you!!! ^_^ I totally agree with you. The government has their priorities mixed up. Especially here, where the state would rather have a third stadium than keep classes that broaden student's horizions in schools.

Newbie Thelonious is off to a good start Thelonious's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for art in school because I personally love it and I'm sure somewhere in the world it's been scientifically proven to increase intellectual activity or w/e. I personally found art my own time though, as have many of my friends, and I think if you have that natural interest in the arts then it will become part of your life just the same (hooray optimism)

Otaku Fantasyprince may be famous one day Fantasyprince may be famous one day Fantasyprince's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that that is stupid for someone to say that there cant be art in schools. Art is a way some people express how they fell inside or toward a person in general. Art is my thing and I am a senior about to graduat to persue my dream as a Game Designer and Animator and I think that it would be ridiculous if someone would take away so many people's dreams. So if it were up to me I would go against the government in the situation.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast