Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cutting art from schools!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting art from schools!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper View Post
    Is the government mad?! Why deprive us from art? Art has taught us to look beyond just numbers and sentences! I love art and it will be hard for the gov. to do such a thing. Especially in all the states. I have heard about that though. They were planning to take out art in my last high school , but we protested and they gave it another year. I hope it never happens , because it is what holds everything else together. Art is culture and heritage. If we lose Art , we become mechanical beings.
    Very true, indeed. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't think the idea of completely destroying the foundations of art is the purpose or idea for anyone. You can't really take that away, even if it is the government.

Art is expendable when compared to the basics 4 in comparison. As others had mentioned, people see the most profitable and numerous professions in the other fields. As i have said in the past post, Art in lower education stages can't really compete with higher up such as college.

Cut em out when you are on a tight budget. They are pretty expendable and if you can't see art in school, than there are plenty of other places to witness it.

Even if Art was completely and totally destroyed forever, don't be bothered by the idea of the human race being turned into mechanical beings. We would have turned into mechanical beings long before that ever happens.
    Last edited by Tbaism; Apr 10, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually art teaches a way of thinking and looking at the world just like algebra. The BASICS of art and art history should be something everyone is taught. Just as the BASICS of music and music theory should be taught to everyone. After that, the advanced classes, yeah there's no reason the school can't decide what is best for their individual students. If they are not learning Reading, Writing, and Math the rest of it isn't going to do them any good.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Actually art teaches a way of thinking and looking at the world just like algebra. The BASICS of art and art history should be something everyone is taught. Just as the BASICS of music and music theory should be taught to everyone. After that, the advanced classes, yeah there's no reason the school can't decide what is best for their individual students. If they are not learning Reading, Writing, and Math the rest of it isn't going to do them any good.
    That's the thing. The advanced classes--in most of the schools I know of--have already been cut. North High hasn't had Music Theory since I graduated back in '98! But they're talkin' about cutting the basics as well! I hear at Edison High, they're cutting music out all together. Not to mention the fact that they're gonna close all but 3-4 schools around the area, and cram all the kids into whatever school is closest to home!

That's stupid! Sure, let's waste all this money building new schools--that gave us smaller class sizes; giving teachers a chance to focus on the students--THEN let's shut them down!! Sounds like an ass-backward plan...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    That's the thing. The advanced classes--in most of the schools I know of--have already been cut. North High hasn't had Music Theory since I graduated back in '98! But they're talkin' about cutting the basics as well! I hear at Edison High, they're cutting music out all together. Not to mention the fact that they're gonna close all but 3-4 schools around the area, and cram all the kids into whatever school is closest to home!

That's stupid! Sure, let's waste all this money building new schools--that gave us smaller class sizes; giving teachers a chance to focus on the students--THEN let's shut them down!! Sounds like an ass-backward plan...
    Can't disagree with you there. I wonder who got the kickbacks there?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooh. I read somewhere that American schools have to give the details of every student to the military for recruitment purposes, and that if they fail to comply with the law, the state will possibly stop funding them... resulting in no more art classes. Could this have been the case?

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, art classes should never be cut out from the wide selection of classes, there is no reason to remove these classes. It may seem like they aren't vital to living, but thats where people are wrong, theres more to art than just playing with colors and stuff like that. Fields like ceramics and sculpting, it very well could be someone's career for their life, its like the government is cutting away crucial field careers for the next generation.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

No blue_rebel, i think it's becuz the schoolboards are more into lining their own pockets and giving their friends cushy jobs than actually providing for the students. As for the military thing, it's possible, but i don't know the inner workings of the government... if they cut funding, more schools would be shutting down, the American Government keeps a good grasp on where their money goes...

^.^ the funny thing is, my old school is just now putting in things like Music Theory and building up the Art Program! then again, it's a private school and i guess the parents complained enough to the school board!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast