Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cutting art from schools!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting art from schools!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Ooh. I read somewhere that American schools have to give the details of every student to the military for recruitment purposes, and that if they fail to comply with the law, the state will possibly stop funding them... resulting in no more art classes. Could this have been the case?
    I'm not too sure on that one. It may be true though. I remember a few years back, a recruiter had called my house looking for me to see if I wanted to enlist in the Air Force--I declined. About 4 days later there was this HUGE job fair at my school, and--lo and behold--half the friggin' job fair was populated by military recruiters. >_<

I doubt that a school declining to give out student records is gonna affect its funding though.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

It IS true. It was published in a number of magazines after a high school girl found out about that "law" (which says schools have to submit students' info) while doing research for a school project. It kind of contradicts what the Constitution says about everyone, including students, having the right to withhold their personal information in cases where it is being given out without their consent... so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause of many art classes being removed. But I understand that that's not the only thing that could possibly bring about the abolishment of arts classes or clubs or other school activities.

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

Children needs art .. art is the beauty of life .... why would they do this?! that is messed up ... T_T
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

You do have a good point, Ms. Rebel, i'm not doubting that! and i certainly don't put it past the American government to do that... but then again, i don't think it happens that much to cause the cutting of art classes... school board members are pretty spineless, so i think for the most part they comply with what the government says and all they really do is fuss and fum in disagreement...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    You do have a good point, Ms. Rebel, i'm not doubting that! and i certainly don't put it past the American government to do that... but then again, i don't think it happens that much to cause the cutting of art classes... school board members are pretty spineless, so i think for the most part they comply with what the government says and all they really do is fuss and fum in disagreement...

Agreed. The government may have a law in place saying that schools have to give up student info to military recruiters, but I don't think that that's why art is getting cut in this state. I'm not doubting that it actually happens--in fact it makes perfect sense to me--but I think it's more or less the state of Minnesota being very materialistic.

Over the last five or six years, this state has built a new arena, a shopping mall/movie theater, a Hard Rock cafe, and a plethora of other buildings that do nothing but spend tax dollars that could be going towards education and keeping art in schools.

I think that it's just a matter of time before teachers in this area go on strike; because I doubt that all students are interested in art, and the ones that are interested are vastly outnumbered by kids who think that high school sports are more important.

Newbie blood mermaid is off to a good start blood mermaid's Avatar
    Thanks

damn that is dumb art is life almost everything we do is an art to cut art class is not rite because kids alredy dont like school but art is always fun so if thay cut art then school would just be even more boring
    thx anime_800 i love my new sig

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I hated visual art, I just couldn't do any of the things they asked me to do and so I've started to dislike art, but maybe it happens like this just in my country or just with me, the thing is that visual art is good as long as they don't push you to do art in a maner that is comon, as long as you can expess yourself.
    I think it's no good to cut arts from schools, arts help children in developing, but I think you have to change the way you're teaching arts, to make it more interesting and usefull too, at least in Latvia...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie Sepulchure is off to a good start Sepulchure's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    So, a friend and I were talking the other day. And, he tells me that the Minneapolis Public School district is cutting art classes from a good chunk of schools around here. Not just visual art, but music and dance as well. How messed up is that?

Art is life!! I feel like kids--no, people in general--learn better when art is involved. Kids love art! I love art! I learned more in art and music classes than I did in any of the basic classes. You can learn basic math through music, and you can learn geometry through visual art!

I feel like we should keep art in classes, what do you think?
    I totally agree...With out Art and Music and what-not...Kids would have no style or imagitive stuff....plus they couldnt dance!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast