+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting down forests to make toilet paper

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting down forests to make toilet paper

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    Umm they're cutting down ancient forest that will take hundreds of years to grow back. Lost of habitat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    No for an adult tree it takes 20 years usually this is most trees :/ ten is half way there this is why most people think this is a big deal because how long it takes.
    No, it doesn't. Different trees have different growth cycles. Hard wood trees take 20-50 years to reach maturity. Softwood trees take an average of 8 years. That is why they can make tree farms. They grow fast enought to be a reliable renewable resource. Those are the trees being used. Why would you possibly want to make toilet paper out of hard wood? Doesn't recycled toilet paper already have enough splinters in it without making a hard wood product that's even worse?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez just come in here and bomb us with a ferocious beating why don't you Arrianna >_> I fell stupid again...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well it sucks see ppl destroyin ours planet and nothin have been done!! the prob is no one cares right now but soon or later it will affect everyone!! i dont mind use recycle staffs cause it makes me think that its for all our sakes!! and its kind cute do it!! actually I do recycle much as possible everthin!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Geez just come in here and bomb us with a ferocious beating why don't you Arrianna >_> I fell stupid again...
    You know, you could prevent that with the use of google and some fact checking before jumping to conclusions. It only took me three minutes to find the link to the company site and a post on tree farms was provided already by Shodokan.

Production of Paper

Of course having stumbled across a documentry once on tree farming and pressurized woods made from them to replace the use of hard wood in products did teach me a little on the subject.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

My mother's family owns a pulp farm. So I know a little bit.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

i think we shouldnt cut down the trees because forest hold many types of animals and species we dont even know yet.
    like the rainforest, home to many different species more than 50% actually.
    and the plants in the rainforrest might hold a cure for aids. so why cut down what we havent even seen yet?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^You see this is why we have zoos and natural parks.

The rainforest is home to nasty animals that humans really don't need. Princesslady I want you to live in the Rainforest for two weeks and see if you still think you shouldn't cut down the rainforest.

Princess lady do you have a link to where it says the rainforest could have a cure for aids?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

omg. where do you think the animals come from? they come from other countries and are taken from there homes. and where are ther homes? FORRSET? NO DUH! and ima look for a link but if you have cable which most of us have, watch disacovery healh, had a documaentary on the rainforrest a few nifghts ago, and SCIENTIST say that many of the plants may serve as a cure for aids. they already use plants to cure other diseases we have now. they use the plant extracts to help bure our health problems so whyt dont you think you cant have a plant cure aids? and i dont wanna live in thew rainforset. it rains it's hot and it's poor soil. but i would love to see the animals.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast