Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting themselves

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Re: Cutting themselves

Lo,
    I think that people today suffers from all kinds of stress u can find or has been named because and this is my theory.
    Most of the ppl in the world learn to live their lifes as a normal person and they don't learn to relax and look after the thing that is most important in our daily lifes.
    That is a stable functional mind in order to get this mind of ours sorted we need to be able to identifify stress points and situations that causes us to stress because we all are different in a way.
    If we are unable ,and sorry for this most young ppl have not learned the tricks of the trade yet that is why they cut themselfs because they don't know or have not experienced a better outlet for their dispare/anger/stress whatever.
    Education on how to handle stress is so important that i think we sshould start teaching stresss management to younger ppl every day because they have stress aswell and the problem with that is not that they have it but that they cannot get rid of it.
    So in desperation to rid themselfs of the stress they hurt themself and think of ways they could get rid of that stress.
    I would say sports and relaxation is the most important ingredient in life but not everybody does those things so we need more technigues to help others and ourselfs to cope.
    I play computer games and take my bottled stress and let the aliens bleed for me hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also think u can not just be a bystander in this matter u need to intervene in the sense of building confidence with that person so that he/she has someone to talk to in times like that and then and only then can u start showing him/her the way to the light of stress managemnent.

Newbie RabidPiraka29 may be famous one day RabidPiraka29 may be famous one day RabidPiraka29's Avatar
    Thanks

i think there is point to cutting your self its just a waste of time
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    your just putting your self in pain for no reson really or something really stupid
    Last edited by RabidPiraka29; Jul 12, 2006 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Think about when you see an infant crying. The baby does not know the proper way to express what it feels. So it cries out.

So like when your at the age that everything and everyone is changing. You don't know hot to control it. And the only control you have is what you do to you. Some people cut, others get eating disorders, some rebel and get into all sorts of trouble.

In some cases, cutting is a way to try to come back to reality. To know your still here. But when i use to cut, i wanted the hurting to stop when i was depressed. I thought if i could get at it, i could kill it.

Cutting isnt just because your not sure how to express what you feel. But a way to surpress it. After a while you get numb, and cut deeper until it is a void usage of escape.

And then is when you really need help, like when using drugs, when the effect is gone, you go onto stronger things. In a way, cutting is the gateway to ultimate self-destruction.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well heres my amateur response :
    Some individuals inflict pain on themselves to distract their mind from the emotional scars.

I did at one point go through the same phase... not to the extreme degree as most others. But it was intially suppose to distract my mind from all those other emotional stress I was going through.

Is it satisfying? No it isn't... all it manages to do is enhance one's despair and prolong an individuals depression phase. Its a cheap way of avoiding proper treatment.

If I knew someone that abused thier body in that manner. I would offer my concerns and support. I honestly wouldn't know how I would react to that...

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    Some individuals inflict pain on themselves to distract their mind from the emotional scars.
    That's an agreeable statement! Personally, I feel that one will practice the art of cutting themselves, if one lacks a mental balance, and control of their mind.

Is it productive in the first place? Why would anyone want to cut themselves just for the purpose of seeing one's blood and distract their minds? Do meditation, yoga, punch a punching bag or something.

I see nothing "truly" beneficial in doing so, cutting yourselves, that is.

Newbie icewolf may be famous one day icewolf may be famous one day icewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

cutting themselves not to kill will only get them attention..............i just cry myself to sleep XP

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    ('')_('')
    This is Bunny. I eat bunnies. I apologize to jaderabbit i dont eat bunnies nomore.

Newbie Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun
    .. sorry for starting another lame discussion... Remove this if it is a must.

I'll make it short:

why do some people believe in hurting themselves physically when they are depress?

Does it help?

How do we understand them if they refuse to talk?

Can they be save?
    Hello again Sheep! As for me, I used to do that SH*T because I was depressed. (But I stopped. :]) And no it does not help. It makes things worse. I thought the sight of blood would make me happy, just knowing that I can hurt myself for being so stupid or being here at all. And yes, I was very stupid.

And after I cut myself a lot, my CLOSEST cousin Sunshine noticed my scars and cuts and she bagan doing the same as me because her life was depressing. (Her parents, DIVORCE. ETC.) I feel so MAD for doing this, making my best friend as bad as I. I should be punished.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to cut myself. I would use my own fingers and dig into my arm. I have four scars on my left arm. I was a bit unstable and depressed in the past. Not as much nowadays. Suffering from usual forms of stress. I didn't really know how to express my feelings and emotions. I didn't know how to cope with my anger and my anxieties. I didn't have any outlet. The idea that physical pain cancels out the emotional made sense to me in those times of stress. I didn't know how to simply deal with it. So I resorted to cutting. Like people have said in earlier posts, the pain numbs the mind and it has desentisized me, to the point where everything goes numb and sometimes I can't feel a thing. I am just hollow and empty. Heh, it's a side effect to my personal treatment. My own way of dealing things. I never for once asked for anyone's help. I just kept to myself. I hid my wounds. I hid my scars. I never took any pride in what I did. I knew it was wrong, but it was one of the "only" ways for me to deal with my problem. I felt that I was going to snap, that I would soon hurt someone else or worse, kill someone. So, in my psychotic episodes, I came to the somewhat sane solution that hurting myself was better than hurting others. But I only succeeded in creating my own little shell. Hiding from the outside world. Accompanied by myself and the other fragments of my personality that make up my own little twisted conscience. Hurting myself, may it be cutting or bashing my head against a wall and/or floor, my own little escape from reality... only brought me spiraling down into my own instability. Maybe I should be medicated.

Simply put... Cutting is bad. Take it from me. Cutting. Bad.

That's the end of that stupid chapter of my life.
    Good times.
    [Ih]
    Last edited by Innerhell; Jul 12, 2006 at 03:07 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast