Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cutting themselves

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting themselves

That's what ppl want............more meds. Somehow I think we humans got somethin' wrong here....
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you all for posting in and sharing your point of view and experience.

So I take it that people cut themselves to either get attention or divert their emotional feelings to physical so that they may understand themselves better?

if it is for attention:
    What can they get out of it? I know that most would do this for the sake of attention, but why is it that nobody cares still? Like it is so wrong to give a lil attention to them? What more? They tease and make him/her feel worst. I don't blame anyone who cuts themselves or attempt suicide. Society is such a crude.

As for diverting their emotions to physical pain..
    Anyone wanna elaborate this or should I in my own words do this part? ^^
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

As for attention, it's something they'll just have to grow out of. People, mostly teens, I would think, that do this need to find a different way to garner the self-worth they crave.

As for the trauma, depression end of thing, there is a term for it. It's called sublimation. It is the conversion of the internal to the external. In my experience, most people that sublimate cut themselves in places that are not visible under their clothes, like their legs, shoulders, etc. It is not a purely symbolic gesture, either. When you cut yourself deep, you trigger a pain response which triggers endorphines, your body's natural drugs. Over time, it can actually turn into an endorphine addiction.

So, with a deep cut, you not only have what you feel is a physical representation of your pain (which is healing), but you also have the chemical endorphine response, which makes you feel better.

Otaku Dasike may be famous one day Dasike may be famous one day Dasike's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Cutting themselves

i seen my friends scars a few weeks ago.....she was trying to kill herself.....she couldnt handle the stress of life any more......her boyfriend now has stopped her. she'd get depressed and become a different person she'd try to cut infront of her friends and try to cut her wrists at home.....i talk to her alot..her boyfriend and myself are like her help she talks to him mostly but i help out. Its a horrible thing to do..some people do it to get attenion and others do it for other reasons the stress it cs on people around them is great.
    I got no idea what to say

Otaku Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic's Avatar
    Thanks

jeeze. you guys have a lot of issues to deal with. j/k.

When i was a kid when i had an intence emotional pain, i don't cut my self, i deal with them by botteling them up hopeing for them to go away and other times i cried alot. i use to feel this kind of shit alot when my parents tells me i'm useless or when my parents fight, and other such propoblems etc...

But the truth is, now i don't feel anything but annoyance and i just shrug the propoblems away. because i just don't care anymore. but when i have a great emotional problem i just think logically to analize the problems for the next five minutesor so to some how get to the root of the propoblems. some successful but other times....not so much.

cutting may distract you from pain but it's only temparory, kind of like drinking. I really don't have any experiance about cutting so i shouldn't say anything unless i insult someone.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

It does feel like it relives alot of stress to me but, in my case I tend to punch the hardest thing around for my 'pain' rather then cut myself, I crushed my knuckle doing that the other day and before I knew it I was happy again >.> but, Im weird like that >.> ^_^

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun
    .. sorry for starting another lame discussion... Remove this if it is a must.

I'll make it short:

why do some people believe in hurting themselves physically when they are depress?

Does it help?

How do we understand them if they refuse to talk?

Can they be save?
    I think most likely because they think it maybe because or their own weakness and have faced an impasse where they see no other choice but to killl themselves because it'll other people happy. but it will not. your family and friends would miss you ever so dearly. how do you understand them? i don't know...it is ver complicated.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

the only reason I can fathom someone doing that is deep emotional distraught, or attention. Either way, it's very disheartening that someone would get to the point that they inflict pain upon themselves for "comfort." But people who do that just for attention make me sick, and make me want to slap them across the face for being so foolish. But for the people who have legitmate problem I have total sympathy for and would want to help them.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast