Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Cutting themselves

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutting themselves

I had a friend in High school who used to scratch himself with a compass just shy of bleeding. Thinking about it now it probably was because he needed something to destract him from his personal problems. I guess like booze it offers some sort of escape. The pain grabs their attention taking them away from their other problems being able to focus on something so small that it is maybe a relief. It's like the whole if you have a pain somewhere in your body hurt yourself somewhere to take your mind of that pain (stupid I know I saw it in a movie)

Another reason is that they actually enjoy the pain. I don't really approve of it. . . . . . thats my input

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for participating in this thread topic.

It has help me understand certain things in life. (n_n)

Okini. baa~
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun
    additional question:

what do the people around the victim do once they get to know of such happening?

thanks for posting in and sharing your opinions.
    Well two things. Talk to them, or not talk to them.

People do it, because they have lost of touch to the earth.

Just forget about the pain, and everything it bring with it.

Maybe was rave said. Getting rid of all the pain, by cutting it off you, but it could be more.

Lossing yourself most.

Maybe forget what happen.. in that day.. so yea..

In another state in mind... just forget, and then.. it's there in front of you, and you can't believe you did it.

But you don't regret it, or you do.

Blood is a sin in it's own way....

I think its worst with the Pills.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you k-san for participating. (n_n) baa~!

mmmm.... it's hard to understand these kinda people baa....
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Newbie celestial_angel may be famous one day celestial_angel may be famous one day celestial_angel's Avatar
    Thanks

let say that it's just an outlet for thei pain, sorrow, anger, hatred, sufferings, depression and thins like that...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i personally have never cut my self though the thought may have crossed my mind when i was really low. But i do know someone who did, and they are a close friend of mine.

Most people like Reese said cut them selves to take their mind of the emotional scares. However, sometimes people may cut them selves as a kind of punishment for hurting others. Where the other person won't hurt because they don't want, but they feel the need that they need to be punished. Another is because sometimes when they are down...all they feel is emptiness. cutting them selves might be because they can another emotion..That might be a weird to look at it but it could be a possiblity.

In addition, people who do cut have always been through a lot in their life and may feel lifeless and unable to feel most of the emotions other people feel. Or if they have a certain illness like paranoia, then they believe in the negative thoughts that goes on in their mind. They are unable to believe in the possitive because there is like an overwrite system inside their mind that won't let them think that way. You can call like being brain washed if you but only as a lose term.

Although some people think of cutting as seeking attention...do you really think that is whats going through the persons mind??? I don't think so because if they wanted to seek attention then there is other means of doing so....Like changing how they look or something. Cutting is not really first on the list..in my opinion anyway.

As for supporting the person. Just being there means you are showing that there is someone out there who cares, like when someone is down. Try not to treat them different for that could be seen as a negative in their minds and might cause more damage then good. You can talk to them, try to help them understand and get intouch with their feelings.....Like if the feel numb.....try to re-asure them that the mind is like confused about a lot of things. Well its something i do for my friend. I just try to help them understand what they are feeling and it helps them.
    Last edited by Sazzy; Jul 31, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie Starry_JP may be famous one day Starry_JP may be famous one day Starry_JP's Avatar
    Thanks

I use to cut because I wanted the pain inside to match the pain outside. Cutting does not help. It really didn't help me. I couldn't feel it when I did. I hurt to much on the inside to feel the hurt on the outside.

I only talked to a few people about my cutting. Usually people that don't cut sit and ask "why do you do it" or tell you it's bad. Honestly I only talked to one person completely about it. He cut too so he could relate. He didn't lecture me or sit and tell me he knew it was wrong. We both would always say things like... Don't do anything stupid, and we knew we ment about the cutting. Don't tell them not to do it, but then don't be 'go ahead' either. We never directly talked about cutting. We just knew...

If a person doesn't want to talk, usually they don't want too. Sometimes it's because they don't trust people easily so they don't trust people enough to talk about it. Um... others don't want to talk because they know what the person will say. It just depends on the person and their problem... This is just me and some people that I know... hope it answers your questions.....

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

This thread is 5 months old.

~Closing~
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6