+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Love?

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cyber Love?

I barely trust anyone online, not even giving them my real name. It took me actually about 7 months for me to slowly get an affection for someone I met on Gaia on then give out my name. Though in retrospect it probably still wasn't a great idea. I'd say it all depends on the person's and your own personalities and feelings etc.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think an online relationship is fine but i wouldn't do it. Actually meeting the person is better cuz it just doesn't seem like true love talking to someone online you haven't met. Though I guess online love can work for some people.

Newbie fujesal is off to a good start fujesal's Avatar
    Thanks

In the movie you've got mail it happend, but that's a movie...and it was kind of weird since they already knew each other.

Anyways! I think that it's possible to find love online, but it's also possible to meet a girl/boy loving pervert who wants to rape you. So be careful!!
    just raising awarness!! :P

bii!!
    "act the way you want to be and soon you'll be the way you act"

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, of course you can love someone you've emailed. Lets look at it this way. By emailing someone/ calling them, your doing everything you would if you had just met in real-life with the exception of today's popular actions.. you know the ones.. long distance, and with todays 'creative' programs you can even do that.

In any case to me, the body is just a vessel in which houses the soul and to me the soul is what the heart falls in love with, the body is what the eye fall in love with. Infact, I myself am currently head-over-heals for this lovely girl my age name Lauren (my nickname for her is Lori) and I think she might like me back, I'm going to ask her out soon right when the timing is right.

Back on track; yes. In fact I find it better to date online, people seem to be able to express their personalities better that way. Of course, you do have to eventually meet the person in question. ^_^

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

well I for one agree with Meji,
    the heart falls in love with the soul and personality of the person,
    not the body.
    If you really want to know what the person looks like you ask for a
    photograph, before you meet so you at least know what the Lady/Guy
    look like.
    but there is a negative side to relationships like this, but I will not bore you with my opinion.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

with the exception of today's popular actions.. you know the ones..
    Like actually hanging out, eating together, watching movies together, playing games together, meeting each others' family and friends, holding hands, kissing, hugging, seeing what each other looks like when you HAVEN'T done your makeup and lighting for selected myspace picshoots, not being able to hide that HUUUGE zit or creeping pot-belly, learning what you're like when you're tired/sick/miserable, how you treat others (and each other) when you aren't hiding behind a computer screen?

Sorry... but I think MEETING someone online is just the bees knees... but having an entirely relationship?? Until you're in the same room together: you're still just roleplaying.

EVERYONE is pretending on the computer... even if it's just a little bit. NO ONE is quite the same online as they are "in real life". Add to that the fact that by virtue of being so far away and not having met, 90% of the blanks are left for you to fill in with your own idealized fantasies. Having a love affair online is sort of like writing yourself into a self-insertion fanfic: and while I appreciate that some people NEED that... I also think a lot of those people are really just scared to go out and have a one-on-one relationship with a person without the safety of a computer screen and half a world between them.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it nice to see that I'm not the only one who dosen't think it's a great idea. I guess I have a huge problem with the word love. I don't really feel that you could say that you loved someone that you never met and have gotten to know the real them. Day to day stuff like mood swings and thru all the happy and sad times. Careing for them is one thing but saying that you love them is another as far as I'm concerned. But don't get me wrong I think meeting them online and trying to start something is ok but to call it love I think is a bad thing to do. I don't know if it's because I'm older or not but it just doesn't seem real to me.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Cyber Love?

quite agreeable Fireandice, calling it love is a real bad thing to do.
    But there in no law against it so we cannot stop them from bumping their
    heads, I for one dont condone it but at the same time I dont
    support it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast