+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Love?

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cyber Love?

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    No. Because I see him nearly every day and know too much about him (and visa versa) to be tempted into pretending to be anything I'm not.
    (don't take offence to this but, it might sound like I'm being mean when I'm not. Apologies in advance.)

Why must you have physical contact with the person your seeing? Could it be you want to verify their existence or maybe you think you can't really get to know them well without being physically next to them. You say you can't hang out together, thats what msn is for. Want to be romantic? Have the lights turned out in both rooms and watch the same movie on youtube and talk about it. Want to give her a birth day present? We have the pony express to thank. Playing games together, we got online games for that purpose and even eating together you can accomplish with a video web cam and a little creativity. Though we are most definatley different in real life I believe that we do not pretend on the internet and that our true self will blossom where it withers in public when we try to please everyone.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

That's like saying playing tennis on Wii is the same as going out and playing tennis for real. Yes, you can simulate a relationship through technology and a bit of creativity, but the question remains: why would you want to stay indoors and play Wii tennis when you can actually go out and play real tennis?

Perhaps you lack the ability to play real tennis...

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

That's like saying playing tennis on Wii is the same as going out and playing tennis for real. Yes, you can simulate a relationship through technology and a bit of creativity, but the question remains: why would you want to stay indoors and play Wii tennis when you can actually go out and play real tennis?

Because in this particular case you cannot, I did not say cyber love is perfect but, neither is regular love.

Lets take your perspective on this, the "why would you want to stay indoors and play Wii tennis when you can actually go out and play real tennis?"

Well, I ask you, in a real relationship. Woman and guys do ask their partner to do things with them they don't like. For example, Lets say a guy and a girl are going to the movies, the guy wants to see a new action flick because its the newest of his favorite series of action flicks. Conversely, the woman wants to watch a romantic chick flick that the guy doesn't like, though she's unaware of this. The guy in most cases will willingly watch the chick flick causing a illogical decision on his part when he could have just convinced her to watch the action flick.

I ask you, "Why would he watch something he doesn't like when he could have watched something he did like?" Because he loves the woman, he loves her so much that he could care less what they're doing just so that he could be in her presence.

Love isn't defined by physical bodies, people of 26 can fall in love with someone who's 62. I have seen this happen, Love, and I mean true love is defined by the desire to serve, protect and be with that person through their hardships regardless of the consequences in the end. I don't think I'm in any place to judge whats right and wrong about a relationship. I think, at least, my mentality about it is that as long as the two partners are happy with each other, who's to judge. To be happy with another person is what we all seek, why would you decide to ruin it for someone else because there method is different. Be happy for them and let them live free if judgment until the final hour. That is what I, in my heart, soul, mind and body truly believe.

Edit: Anyone else agree/disagree
    Last edited by Meji Imaru; Aug 28, 2007 at 07:25 PM.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireandice View Post
    All right good people on AO. I have something I would like to ask you all.

If you never met a person just emailed them and/or mabey even called them a couple of times. Could you truly say that you knew them well enough to say that you love them? I mean while it may seem like the perfect relationship, is it really? Do you truly need to met the person to say that you love them? Or is it just infatuation with the other person that makes you think that your in love with them? I realize that if you acutally met with the other person, it would be a bit different. But I still have a hard time beliving that a true relationship can come out of just emailing somebody. Am I wrong?

I don't want to offend anyone who is in a relationship like this but I just don't understand it. If I'm wrong about it please convince me, but as for right now I just don't understand it.

So what do all of you on AO think about this?
    You can get to know someone over the net but you don't turly know them.

The only way you can know someone 100% is by spending years just hanging with them.
    By learning there habits, skills and falts.
    Mear texts and pics wont tell you much and could come back and haunt you.

"Don't jump in a river head first without seeing how deep it really is."
    -Ryan Numann
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm i guess sum people could say that it could be true love but i dont think so cuz even if u think its a good relationship but that person could be dating13 other people for all u no and maybe even have a gf/bf in real life and even if it is true love and he or she isnt cheating or anything u couldnt get married or have children its really not worth it

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I too have big doubts in whether a relationship like that could work in real life, but you do see that happening around and I can't give up my hope on love, it is said that love gets through everything and I really hope it truly does...

No one knows what exactly love is so no one can say if online relationships is love at all... But the thing is that the main thing is a persons character and not his looks, and if you're one of people thinking like that and the person you're into this relationship with is honest, it should work out....

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

That last line there is cold. Funny but cold. Brings new meaning to the saying you've got your hands on your Wii-mote.

I follow what The Great Will of the Macrocosm from Excel saga said:

Loves something you can find laying around on the ground anywhere.

I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru View Post
    Because in this particular case you cannot, I did not say cyber love is perfect but, neither is regular love.

Lets take your perspective on this, the "why would you want to stay indoors and play Wii tennis when you can actually go out and play real tennis?"

Well, I ask you, in a real relationship. Woman and guys do ask their partner to do things with them they don't like. For example, Lets say a guy and a girl are going to the movies, the guy wants to see a new action flick because its the newest of his favorite series of action flicks. Conversely, the woman wants to watch a romantic chick flick that the guy doesn't like, though she's unaware of this. The guy in most cases will willingly watch the chick flick causing a illogical decision on his part when he could have just convinced her to watch the action flick.

I ask you, "Why would he watch something he doesn't like when he could have watched something he did like?" Because he loves the woman, he loves her so much that he could care less what they're doing just so that he could be in her presence.

Love isn't defined by physical bodies, people of 26 can fall in love with someone who's 62. I have seen this happen, Love, and I mean true love is defined by the desire to serve, protect and be with that person through their hardships regardless of the consequences in the end. I don't think I'm in any place to judge whats right and wrong about a relationship. I think, at least, my mentality about it is that as long as the two partners are happy with each other, who's to judge. To be happy with another person is what we all seek, why would you decide to ruin it for someone else because there method is different. Be happy for them and let them live free if judgment until the final hour. That is what I, in my heart, soul, mind and body truly believe.

Edit: Anyone else agree/disagree
    Just a quick add on to this. I'm sure that you, tsurara, have made good friends on AO, I bet you don't consider them "roleplaying".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast