+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D.U.I. & Sobriety tests

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

D.U.I. & Sobriety tests

Okay recently I visited court for D.U.I. & You wouldn't imagine how many people were in that court room (and it was just M-Z, half didn't even show up, but it was still packed... I thought I was at a club/concert)...

N*e*ways my question here is do you believe people are that reckless & endanger the lives of others just because they don't want to leave their vehicle at a designated place or get a designated driver... Maybe it is more than just that... I would like to here you all views/thoughts on this subject...

And everyone knows that people consumes alcohol differently & some can handle more than others (it takes them more to get/be drunk)... Not everyone can be drunk off 2 beers & a shot of liquor, so to speak... But they have the sobriety test the legal limit at 0.8 & any thing over is illegal...

Some people can handle themselves better than others when it comes to the consumption of alcohol... Not everyone will be at a drunken state at the 0.8 limit that is set... So my questions are:

Do you believe that they should have a binary law or sub law stating if you don't pull a vehicle over for reckless driving & the driver has consumed alcohol, but passes all the physical sobriety test & isn't way over the limit he/she is capable to drive.?? (I say that cause I passed all the physical sobriety test, but when the officer decided to make me blow in to the breathelizer all of the suddenly I was a drunk driver)... He pulled me over for going 5 miles over the speed limit & I was about to hit a highway & the only reason he knew I was drinking cause I said I was < I know kind of stupid, but I thought it is better not to lie to the officer...

Do you believe in some cases it is all about the money.?? cause the officer I had seemed to try & hit me with every ticket he could & when I was in court all they was talking about was payment plans... They said they don't do alcohol classes or none of that... So my thing is this, if drinking & driving is terrible why not try & get the people to go to class & get help instead of stressing "your" payment plans or money issues...

I believe they want people to continue on drinking & driving, so they can keep on getting people's money...

What are you all thoughts on the matter.??

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: D.U.I. & Sobriety tests

I don't want to make an up roure on this but this is my opinion and please remember that it's just my opinion. Any one that is stupid enough to get into a car weather or not they can hold thier liquor and drive can cause damage to the people who are not drinking liquor. Yes I agree to the fact that their should be some kind of programe with an alcohol to give the cause and effect on it when driving. And the fact the police officer did have the right to pull you over for going five miles over the speed limit. I know this for a fact since I do know some police officers that are friends of mine. They explain to me that they can even pull you over for just going over one mile over the speed limit. I know stupid but what can I say to them when I just know I would get my *** chewed out for doing a stupid thing. The fact the even when you do get caught for drinking and driving you just end up with a DUI and a slap on the wrist and have to pay the finds. And some people would just end up doing the same thing over and over again. I guess that is all that I have to say over this subject.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know about the whole politics of why officers pull people over... But I doubt they WANT drunk drivers on the road for money.

I can say this. Driving drunk IS wrecklace. But then again so is drinking... PERIOD. I almost killed myself AND my child who was only 18 months at the time. I DO NOT REMEMBER GETTING INTO THE CAR! I don't remember much of that night leading up to me getting into the car. I remember drinking....... and waking up in the hospital.

Point being that I drove during a blackout... thats what happens when your brain shuts down after being saturated with alcohol. Your body should be asleep, but you stay awake. And thats just one scenario... Its been proven that your judgement is impaired after only a few drinks. The problem starts with DRINKING not driving.

Solution: Drink at home. If your going somewhere give away your keys to someone whos sober. Or have someone hide them while you sleep it off. or.... how 'bout this.

DONT DRINK.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ice viper View Post
    I don't want to make an up roure on this but this is my opinion and please remember that it's just my opinion. Any one that is stupid enough to get into a car weather or not they can hold thier liquor and drive can cause damage to the people who are not drinking liquor. Yes I agree to the fact that their should be some kind of programe with an alcohol to give the cause and effect on it when driving. And the fact the police officer did have the right to pull you over for going five miles over the speed limit. I know this for a fact since I do know some police officers that are friends of mine. They explain to me that they can even pull you over for just going over one mile over the speed limit. I know stupid but what can I say to them when I just know I would get my *** chewed out for doing a stupid thing. The fact the even when you do get caught for drinking and driving you just end up with a DUI and a slap on the wrist and have to pay the finds. And some people would just end up doing the same thing over and over again. I guess that is all that I have to say over this subject.
    I understand where you are coming from... I too have friends/relatives in the law field... I also understand that the officer was just doing his job, but my thing is he didn't know I was drinking until I said something & when he saw that I was able to pass ALL the physical sobriety test & verbal he wanted to give me a breathelizer... Before he gave me a breathelizer he was like you must not been drinking that much, in which that was not really the case...

I was like, if I don't seem drunk or acting drunk why do you feel the need to make me drunk... Normally when you fail the physical sobriety test the officer puts you in handcuffs & give you the breathelizer at the station/jail-house...

I felt like the officer was trying to meet his quota & give me an extra ticket...

That is why I plead not guilty & won, but you wouldn't believe all the time & stress I had to go through, plus the bail bondsman I had to pay to get me out...

But I doubt they WANT drunk drivers on the road for money
    You will be suprised how people will act & what they will do when it comes down to money... And I stay in a small city also... "As long as it doesn't affect me & my people I am okay"... I bet that is what most of them are thinking in the court room...

But I understand where you are coming from...
    Last edited by Inuruto; Oct 13, 2007 at 07:58 PM.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

they hit people where the state thinks it hurts, the wallet. people who chose to drink will drink no matter what program you put them in...if they dont want to quit its just gonna waste time and money...even if you make them pay for it...no, they tack on everything they can throw at you, fines upon fines...

but the fact that so many people still chose to drink and drive, after all those deaths and accidents...i have zero tolerance for people who bother to drink and drive...i can see that the courts seem to have no wish to help the drunkards, but how can they help someone who doesnt want help?? again, if you dont want to quit...

does seeing a room full of people caught for DUI strike you as alittle scary???

who cares about the fines or if the court thinks that they might not might not need help, these people, will not help themselves...now how can we affect that mind set??? find that answer and im sure the courts will use it...

hell my mother was almost hit by some stupid drunk last week, but he ditched out before he could hit her, and thats after taking out a telephone pole and rolling the truck...

so they cant stop the idiots who continue to drink themselves to the floor and think that they can drive. only they can help themselves...the cops can try their best to catchs these fools before they kill someone...and the courts can fine them till their grand kids will feel it, or toss them in jail...o yeah that will work..NOT! im sure that they dont want people to keep on drinking and driving but they can try and stop it...look at a court room full of people caught for drinking and driveing, the court didnt put that beer in their hands, the cops didnt give them another shot of gin or whiskey, the state didnt buy that 40oz...but the cops did catch them, and the state will make you pay...through the wallet...
    Don't Panic

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Do you believe that they should have a binary law or sub law stating if you don't pull a vehicle over for reckless driving & the driver has consumed alcohol, but passes all the physical sobriety test & isn't way over the limit he/she is capable to drive.?? (I say that cause I passed all the physical sobriety test, but when the officer decided to make me blow in to the breathelizer all of the suddenly I was a drunk driver)... He pulled me over for going 5 miles over the speed limit & I was about to hit a highway & the only reason he knew I was drinking cause I said I was < I know kind of stupid, but I thought it is better not to lie to the officer...
    no I don't think they should have such a law. You said yourself in your post, alcohol effects people in different ways. Just because you can pass all these tests, proving that your not over the limit, yet when you blow you are - does not mean that you are safe driving a car. It's a tragedy waiting to happen. We've all heard the stories - The ones who only had a couple of drinks, the ones who drunk but felt sober - then they go kill some one on the road

Do you believe in some cases it is all about the money.?? cause the officer I had seemed to try & hit me with every ticket he could & when I was in court all they was talking about was payment plans... They said they don't do alcohol classes or none of that... So my thing is this, if drinking & driving is terrible why not try & get the people to go to class & get help instead of stressing "your" payment plans or money issues...
    Looking at the laws and such where I am, no, I dont' think it's about the money - but that's where I am. But why not seek out those classes yourself? Plus, money is a good motivated not to do it again, pity it doesn't work with some people.

I thought the fact that they can tear some ones family and life apart. I mean how would you feel if some one killed the person most precious to you, simple because they were stupid enough to get into a car while drinking ( not directed at you Inuruto, drink drivers in general ^_^;;

Some times I think the drink driving laws are bad. How come the same people are getting caught again and again and all that is happening is them getting back behind the wheel?

What confuses me more is that Learners - no alcohol or your lisence get's taken of you - it's the same when your on your P's for 3 years. But yet as soon as you get your open lisence, you can't have a certain amount of alcohol? People would probably find this extreme, but I think any one with any amount of alcohol in their breath should be penalised. At any stage of driving and at any age

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

I understand where you are coming from... I too have friends/relatives in the law field... I also understand that the officer was just doing his job, but my thing is he didn't know I was drinking until I said something & when he saw that I was able to pass ALL the physical sobriety test & verbal he wanted to give me a breathelizer... Before he gave me a breathelizer he was like you must not been drinking that much, in which that was not really the case...

I was like, if I don't seem drunk or acting drunk why do you feel the need to make me drunk... Normally when you fail the physical sobriety test the officer puts you in handcuffs & give you the breathelizer at the station/jail-house...

I felt like the officer was trying to meet his quota & give me an extra ticket...

That is why I plead not guilty & won, but you wouldn't believe all the time & stress I had to go through, plus the bail bondsman I had to pay to get me out...

But I understand where you are coming from...

The fact that you were a nice person and told the officer that you've been drinking. He/She then had a oblilgation to make you do all of the test and make sure that you were off of the streets. To make sure everyone would be safe from any drunk drivers wheather it may be you or someone else. If I were you I would take this as leason to learn from this experance and make sure that you don't do this or find another solution out of it not that I'm saying that its a good thing to find another soluction around this. I still think anyone who would consider themselves to get into a car and drive while they only had a few to drink really shouldn't be driving at all. You are right with me not knowing what you went though to get out of this whole ordeal eather.
    Last edited by ice viper; Oct 13, 2007 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks

Okay I hear/read what all you are saying & I back that up to the fullest cause I believe whole-heartedly that the officer was just doing his job & thought he was protecting the streets...

But I would of been more dangerous with a couple of pills & some cough medicine/allergy... Or if I was tired/sleepy...

Trust me I've been drunk before & know not to hop behind a wheel & start driving... The times I was like that I was driven home by someone else or stayed where I was at...

And you say people don't want any help, but that doesn't mean not to get them any or issue some aid... At least it would be on their record that they sought help & if they get pulled over again for the same thing that the consequences will be way more harsh than more fines & a suspended license... How about some jail time instead of waiting until they actually do cause harm to someone else or themselves...

And I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one who was in the same sitaution... I understand!!! Why not hit them pockets, if they are making a killing off of it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast