+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D.U.I. & Sobriety tests

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: D.U.I. & Sobriety tests

figure the next step is revoking you license and sezure of the vechicle that you were driving, regardless of who it belongs to... I know here in LA you get your licence yanked...o yeah thats gonna stop them from driving...but what can you do...i do admint i wish the penalty would at least go up exponetionaly for every infraction after the first...1st slap on the wrist and hit to the wallet, 2nd take the license-more cash, 3rd take the car and black list on insurance and the DMV for buying and selling cars-even more cash...4th throw them in jail or plea bargin and 12step program...if relapse, then throw them in jail...hows that...and enough about the money...the real problem here is too many people drink an drive... and in case your wondering i dont drink...a cool water or Pepsi for me plz...and im always the DD....but never in my car...if they wanna puke i let my buddies do that in their own rides...
    Don't Panic

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Jepray I full agree with you on this subject. I've had close incounters with myself on the roads late in the morning going to work or even coming home from my parents house late in the moring. I am scared to death to drive b/c of so many bars around my small little town that I live in. When I even go out to a party every one knows that I don't drink any kind of liquor. I pepsi or water is fine with me and everyone around me is fine with that as well. I can say that all my friends knows that I will end up taking away their keys and makeing sure that they have a safe ride home. Thear its with me or taking a cab home I really don't care but as long as they are not behind the wheel of a car I am fine.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My Mothers best friend and Maid of Honor at her wedding was killed by a drunk driver. Drunk drivers should be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law and shown no sympathy.

If you're stupid enough to drink in the first place, you shouldn't be getting behind the wheel of a car.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with all you guys said, if the driver is truly drunk he deserves all that coming to him. Though i think 0.8 is a little to low. I mean if you have a couple glasses of wine at a restaurant, shouldn't land you in a DWI charge. Also not everyone needs some program when charged with a DWI. Not all of them are drunkards, some of em just had a little like i said at a restaurant.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

but where do we draw the line on alcohol?? it affects everyone differently...just cause you say your not drunk, not that i dont belive you but how do we know how impaired you are??? i understand a glass or 2 at a resturant shouldnt do you in...but can you 100% sure that it hasnt effected you???if there is any measure of doubt wouldnt you rather sit around for 30minutes or how ever long it would take to get it out of your system, instead of risk driving??but honestly where can we draw the line between drunk and a glass of wine???
    Don't Panic

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

^ I was going to say exactly what Jepray said. Sure some people feel the affects quicker than others, but you have to draw the line somewhere. As I said in my first post, we've all heard the stories of the person who only had a few to drink felt sober, drove, then ended up having a crash resulting in some one seriously injured or killed.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Look I don't want anyone to take this personally. G_d knows I got in a car after being out all night at the clubs, but I never myself drove while intoxicated.
    But about 4 years ago now, I was driving to the comic store to pick up my manga & comics (coincidence). It was about midday on a Saturday, on a busy stretch of road. A driver, who had been drinking, came out from a side street at a light. Her car clipped the back passenger side of my car. She hit near the gas tank, lucky the car didn't blow. She sent me into a spin. Having never been in an accident since I was a kid, I panicked.
    The car hit the curb, and went up over and started to roll through a construction site. Several things played in my favor that day. One, it was Saturday, so no construction was going on. Two since it was a construction site, there was a fence at the back of the site. They had a large chain metal fence with the bright orange plastic fencing stuff they use at construction site, and behind the fence is where they stored the large cinder blocks. When my car rolled into the fence the roof of the car was starting to buckle and crush in; the fence with the blocks slower the roll of the car enough that it landed just past the fence & blocks.
    I had passed out for a moment and on coming around I realized I was upside down, covered in dirt & fire ants, and only feet away from a deep lake. There were no windows left, and the seat had broken loose. the only thing keeping me in place was my seatbelt. I was actually pinned between the hanging seats and the seatbelt, they had to cut me out. Had the blocks not been stored behind the fence, I am sure the car would have rolled straight into the lake. Being pinned in, a bit disoriented, and with no windows I am sure I would have died.
    I still am afraid to drive, I only drive if I absolutely must. I take the bus, walk, or carpool.
    Plus my family has had a loss to a drunk driver. Yeah I guess I can't be impartial about this, but I believe people who drink should NOT drive. Walk, bus, taxi, etc. used alternative transport. I am told that woman that day just kept saying she'd only had a few drinks. Yeah well that day a few was more than enough for me. So I have a problem with DUI's and no problem what's so ever with sobriety tests.

Thanks

geez, im sorry that your afraid of driving now...thats ashame...but what a traumatic experiance...how fast was she going anyways...I've only had the luck of being hit by a person who doesnt stop at stop signs...or see giantic ford taruses crossing infront of them...you shouldnt let that drunk take away freedom on the road...but thats just me...
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast