• No

4 19.05%
  • Subject to a discussion

11 52.38%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To date early or not

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

To date early or not

I have heard horror stories from friends who have kids ( my older friends) about discussions they have with their kids. in your opinion would you prefer to have kids or teens now a days date as early as 14 or later .

Me i didn't have this discussion with my folks since school kept me busy and was to into school and started dating at 18, but if i was asked i mean depends i guess if i have this discussion with my kid a few years from now i want him to concentrate on his priorities ( school first) and if his grades are good why not.

Just wanted to throw this discussion out to the AO community
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To date early or not

honestly i dont know if i met the boy she is dating or met the girl hes dating then i would maybe consider lettin him/her date them really depends on if there responale enough for me to trust them that much at only 14 or so

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

if i move i might, but with the way things quickly turn into parenting 101 as young as 12 around here, no. Most of them are couples wanting babies after a couple of months dating.
    Id rather it start when their about 16 and can get a job, So if a baby comes.
    I believe in the whole trust issue, its just the other kids and peer pressure im more worried about. Alot of my friends had kids early because its the thing to do after dating a couple of months, or accidents.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say that dating early is nothing to be afraid of, as long as your brought your kid up right.

it is a good way for the child to find what they want in the opposite/same sex, and will make it easier for you as the parent to accept their choice.

However, talk with the child first, as dating early is no problem, but anything more serious than that can become one very quickly.
    Why hello there!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know. I AM a parent.... and.... I am stumped.

I think every situation envolving children is unique. Every child is unique. So I suppose it would depend mostly on the situation. How mature my kid is. If I did allow it, it would be under harsh supervision... I probably wouldn't make it pleasent. I know I would really like to meet the girl (I have two boys). Because one of my bigger fears is my sons being young fathers.

Now, dont take this as me saying I'm cool with kids being sexually active. I just know that there is only so much a parent can control.

Being a mom at a pretty early age myself(18 when I got pregnant). I know that alot of responsibility falls on the young woman shoulders. I can teach my sons to use protection. But its really up to them weather they enforce it. And SHE would need to be the one taking birth control. And in the event of an unexpected pregnancy it would be the girl and her family that would have the biggest burden to bear. Not that it SHOULD be that way, but thats how it is.
    ... Not Ever Again...

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

well i don't think i would let my kids date until they were at least 16-17 becuase they are a little more responsible at that age
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too date early or not

Not before 16. First because it's a religious belief but I can't disagree with the reason. Teens who start dating young are more likely to to be sexually active and to have children at younger ages. Since that makes it difficult to get the education necessary to be able to support a family you increase their chances of being low income/poor and struggle financially their entire life.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too date early or not

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Not before 16. First because it's a religious belief but I can't disagree with the reason. Teens who start dating young are more likely to to be sexually active and to have children at younger ages. Since that makes it difficult to get the education necessary to be able to support a family you increase their chances of being low income/poor and struggle financially their entire life.

If you did a good job raising them Arrianna, letting them date doesn't mean they will go out and have sex. Also watch out, if they have somebody they have a crush on, love, or think they like, they will find a way to be together and date in secret. A lot of times the ones who get pregnant come from strict parents.

Now a days some kids want to date at 11 or 12, and it would be fine with me, with conditions. Which would be when they date, its chaperoned. Which wouldn't be a problem because kids at that age basically just want to hang out with each other.

When their about 14 or 15, i would let them start dating fully, if we have trust in our parent/child relationship. I mean dating is learning how to be with the opposite sex, Its part of growing up.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast