• Subject to a discussion

11 52.38%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To date early or not

Newbie Ralisation is off to a good start Ralisation's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To date early or not

I don't see anything wrong to date early if they are mature enough to think(rare),about the future.Besides,like others said,it is a growing process but I just do not understand why the idea of dating early.Trying to be cool and get attention?Influence by some TV shows and also wanting to be like them?Furthermore,I do not believe that this first 'love' thing will go smoothly and last long too.Many many points.I would say it is better to first be able to earn a living yourself instead of your parent feeding you with allowances which you probably might be using it on these 'dates'.This means to put priority on your studies and not let this 'date early' thinking to affect your focus.

Dating early,having sex and resulting in early pregnancy is like the worst scenario...Most up to this age should know how to take responsible risk and avoid this at all cost.1 out of many many cases maybe,not that possible although sometimes people might get caught in the flow and oh well.

14? ive heard as young as 11 that kids were 'going out'. i mean it really depends. if its actually dating id have to say15 is appropriate, but nothing younger. i really is shocking how the new generation can be. haha, we just blow youre minds sometimes.
    Nothing surprising but a bit shocking.It is the 21st century after all,this is what my parent usually say.

+Parent's teaching and so on.My parent treat me like a good friend,new generation parent ?But sometimes they will get serious and talk to me regarding some issues and this is certainly one(elaborating their talks would means long essays).I thought it will be best to date much later but I don't see any wrong with dating early too...

Classic avatar!

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

yes..i would..I think letting them date now will let them get use to the whole dating thing and so n the future when they are ready to settle down ,they will know by now what to look for and avoid..just letting ur kids date when they are older is not a bad thing but its much harder and longer to find that speaicl one..unless they have experince with the whole dating thing..but yeah starting around hmm 16 is a good age to start

Newbie Emperor is off to a good start Emperor's Avatar
    Thanks

heh if it's a boy when he's sixteen i don't really mind but if it's a girl she can wait till she has a job. It's is really annoying if your children pick any lame boyfriend or girlfriend it will really annoy me. But i personally find that when you are young you should continue to study your work and nothing else(except for games and anime)

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sara....i say kids need to date early so they can learn right from wrong but as soon as they do give them the talk and tell them both with his/her parents there so no one gets mad tell them to always use protection or just wait until marriage (never lasts that long but still) so they won't end up parents at the age of 15-19.
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it just depends how mature the kid is...

Like, if they were really immature, then there is no way in hell I would let them start dateing until they learn responsability. Now, if they were really mature at a young age, then I would consider it. But, most of the time, I would just tell them that school comes first, and that they shouldn't worry themselves over problems like that.

But, it's only my opinion I'm expressing here...^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie Hysteria is off to a good start
    Thanks

I wouldn't let my child date until he/she was at least 15 and then I'd still insist he/she put his/her school work before everything else.

My little sister has been "dating" since she was 12 (at that age it's not proper dating, but for the sake of this discussion I'll include it). When I was 12 I was still afraid of boys!

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

I agree with what some of you have posted and i just wanted to throw out the question in the open since i have older friends and an older brother who endlessly debate with their kids. ( not a pretty sight though).

For me it would all depend and it would be open to a discussion if it comes to my son. He may end up like some of the peeps i know here who has a pretty good head on his shoulders. And the dating thing will really depend on the priorities and goals of one person i would say. I hope it's not going to be like very early since i know the kind of shock i got on my first date and got picky about the guys i went out with after that.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

with me i'd rather have my kids date at least at the age of 16-17, cause they know better, and i'll also know that they can manage school, and a social life, with out making the wrong choices.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast