Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dating: older man/younger woman VS. younger man/older woman

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Dating: older man/younger woman VS. younger man/older woman

I attended a powwow this past weekend were we got into an interesting discussion on dating between an older man/younger woman vs. a younger man/older woman. So I would like your opinion on the dating between an older man/younger woman VS. a younger man/older woman.

Two of our members, Susan (45) and Billy (66), have been seeing each other on and off, She is worried about the age difference between them. Then we brought up Cathie (41) and Kriz (36) who have been married for 9 years and are raising their grandchildren. The general consciences seemed to be that an age difference between two people should be up to the individuals involved with the exception of a teen and someone 10 yrs older and up.
    What do you think?

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dating: older man/younger woman VS. younger man/older woman

Personaly, I like a guy to be older than me. not alot older but a couple of years. anyway, I think age shouldn't be an issue (excluding teens and younger). My grandparents have been together for 14 years, my grandmother is 69 and my grandfather is 54. I think as long as they love eachother, why not?
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Those types of relationships are made all the time. I have a friend who's 52 and his wife is like 41 or so. My ex-girlfriend is five years younger than me, her ex-boyfriends were much older than her, my dad tries to holler at girls my age and he's 40 (I'm 28, for those who don't know), my younest sister's dad is like fifty-something, my mom's 43; etc.

It's pretty common and I don't find it strange at all, provided that they are both consenting adults. If it's like a 35 year old man and a 16 year old girl, that's different. But if you're 18 or over, it's all fair game. I don't know if I could be with someone ten years younger than me, but that's me. Five was a stretch, LOL.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

truthfully, when a old dude dates a hot young chick, it's purely sexual attraction of the hot chick. espicially if this old dude has money.
    i think an older female relationship has a different sturcture, from what ive seen and is more genuine love. like that one chick flick 'how stella got her groove back'..

Newbie Seijuro_Kasumi may be famous one day Seijuro_Kasumi may be famous one day Seijuro_Kasumi's Avatar
    Thanks

it truely is up to the individuals, as long as the emotion is genuine i don't see why not...my mom is dating a guy thats about 8 years younger than she is, not a big dif...it did freak me out though when she was dating a guy the same age as my husband...there are only 4 years between us and he's older. It's toughest on the kids if any are involved when their divorced or single parents date, but in general it's fine, as long as they are happy.
    Anna & Kas's Frosted mini posties©..... mmmm
    The artist formerly known as Shandi XP

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I don’t see it as a problem, like many have said before; as long as the feelings are genuine then there is really no problem. That being said, I should mention that this does not pertain to teens. Any one younger then 18 should NOT have any relationship with some one say 23 and older. That is a big no no as it is very dangerous.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Basically, we're all in agreement that Teens should not date adults. One point that had been brought up was the fact that it is more excepable for the dating couple to be and older man with a younger woman because the older man would be better able to support the younger woman, both emotionally and monetarily.

Personally, I feel that if a couple is going to be together, they should be able to work together to support each other.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Age really shouldn' matter, unless we're talkin' 'bout underage ppl; then that's a different story altogether, as long as it's 2 consentin' adults. I don' think that jus' 'bout sex and monetary support when a younger woman goes wit an older man, at least not always. I think that in most cases the attraction is genuine and when one makes such claims; another could claim that the opposite is true, i.e an older woman wit a younger man. Although there r sterotypes who r that way, I think that; for the most part; this is simply not true. A good example would b my Uncle and Aunt, there is an age difference of 10 years between them and they've been married for well over 30 years now. If that is not somethin' that is born of mutual attraction and love, then I don' know what is. Jus' cause there is such an age difference between 2 ppl, doesn' mean that the younger one is after the money and the older one is after the sex.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast