Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death Footage, Entertainment Gone Too Far

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Footage, Entertainment Gone Too Far

Just because these videos is shown to the public doesn't mean people find it entertaining. News is news, and sometimes watching the images of something gruesome is also a way for us to fully grasp the situation at hand.

I believe the closest thing to entertainment of this sort would be MTV's 'Scared'

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

!beast (Dec 17, 2009)

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

it depends only here in america they dont show things like that on the news alot. In other counrties, you tube, and face book you find it every where if you know where it look. Its a fact of life that things like that happen everyday, everywhere. for the most part its the best way to deal with it, to actually see that it still goes on, and be able to know how to deal with the situation.

for me i dont like it, but what can we do, television is changing everday. from more sexually enhanced shows - to viloence. i can deal with it for the most part, its not pleasent but its reality, im more not into the sexual stuff that people like my children will be watching one day and on basic cable. the violence i can block from them for awhile since many children and young adults dont like the news, the other well.....most of the channels have to be blocked.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Real or not the faces of death series was kind of impressive and grim, a prisoner spitting up from his mouth like under going sezures and bleed from his moth and ears and nose and that fail magic trick the daggers of death kill that $1.25 magic man in a instant was horrid enough, anyone here thinks that was grizzly?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Real or not the faces of death series was kind of impressive and grim, a prisoner spitting up from his mouth like under going sezures and bleed from his moth and ears and nose and that fail magic trick the daggers of death kill that $1.25 magic man in a instant was horrid enough, anyone here thinks that was grizzly?
    If its not real, then there is no issue on the cause, put a 'Mature' rating on it and let it be. Ive seen plenty of movies that were sick and twisted, but a movie is just a movie. Being real is a different story

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

GGH rating
    for grizzly and gross and horrid how's that

Newbie MidnightFirefly is off to a good start MidnightFirefly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    In the past couple of months I have noticed television is more apt to show violent footage ending in death for entertainment than before. The news has always been the source of the nastiest violence on television but now they are crossing lines by posting links to watch foreign people getting beat to death. This crosses a line. We are all fans of visual culture but when does a desire for entertainment become to much. I think television is wrong to show clips of people being shot or what not to death. They are just wrong.

What say you!
    I say, we need to be informed.

I do agree with you that sometimes the media wants its brownie pts. with the pop culture, but they also need to stick with their roots - which is, tell us what it is, how it is, when it is. It's our right.

So to tell me, "this is what happened, because of this, here - see for yourself.." I can either chose to see it, or not to see it.

Don't try to censor what I can and cannot know, because if you do there is going to be a serious problem.

For entertainment purposes, I don't think that's the reason, really, why the media is posting it out for us to see (unless they are television shows and movies, werein lies the *entertainment value).

imo.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MidnightFirefly For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Dec 18, 2009)

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Well people die all the time in all manner of ways, and people get off on the misfortunes of others............

So, it's perfectly natural to have images of people dying or getting killed on TV.

Are You Not Entertained???
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Who watches the news to be entertained? The only reason I watch the news is to learn, and if my learning process is disrupted, I might as well not be watching the news.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast