Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Death Footage, Entertainment Gone Too Far

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Footage, Entertainment Gone Too Far

It's nothin' new. Snuff videos are made all the time and have been made as long as I can remember (at least since I first watched 'Faces of Death' back in high school--1995). Is it right or wrong? I can't say. I personally like a little violence mixed in my media from time to time--depending on the degree and mood of what I'm watching. Will I sit around and watch snuff videos all day? NO. Will I watch a movie where 30+ people get offed in the first two minutes? Hell to the yeah!!! (Punisher: War Zone was an awesome movie!!!) Come to think of it, I haven't seen any movies like 'Faces of Death' or 'Banned from TV' in a long, long time. Those movies make me queasy.

It's all a matter of preference. Me, personally; I wouldn't watch violence all day. I couldn't deal with it. It'd get pretty boring after a while. I like to watch other things as well, y'know. But will I complain about other people watchin' it? Nope. As long as my child isn't feeding off of it and it becomes his 'life skills' teacher, I'm fine. Personal opinion.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Jan 04, 2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I admit that I don't mind a little violence now and again, myself.
    I'm a huge fan of horror films... even some that are almost going over the edge. That's mainly because I am into special effects makeup, and I love to watch a gore movie and try and see how they accomplished it. From a makeup artist's view point. ^.^

Death used to be very entertaining. Ask the Romans. They couldn't get enough of it. It's the same thing today... Only it's horror/action movies, and things of that nature. Even boxing. It's a violent sport, let's face it. Rewind history to the days of the Roman Empire... Take those boxers and stick them in the Colosseum. Our sport is a mild version of what the Romans craved.

We have a fascination with the taboo - And in most cultures, death is very taboo. And there is a morbid fascination on some level with death and violence. In a way, it reminds us we are still human and very mortal.

Newbie syrayian is off to a good start syrayian's Avatar
    Thanks

I just don't like it when orgnizations try to ban a show just because the parents don't approve of their children seeing it.First off they should stop there children from viewing inappropriate material (not using a V-chip only bad parents do that) without having it taken off the air.My mom told me when i was little that i wasn't allowed to view anything nude or anything really violent and i didn't regardless weather she was gone and i could have viewed it without her knowing.But i didn't because i respected her that much

Most parents don't even spank there children because they think "that its to violent"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syrayian View Post
    not using a V-chip only bad parents do that
    EXCUSE ME??? I'm VERY offended by that remark!

My television has V-chip and I find no need for it! I don't bother setting it. Most people who can't afford newer TVs don't have one at all! Not every TV has a V-chip! Only TVs made after the year 2000 (or was it 2003?) have them installed. I'm sure my son's mother doesn't have one installed and if she does, she doesn't use it either. Why? Because we know what our son (in her case, sons) should and shouldn't watch! Not having or using a damn V-chip doesn't make you a bad parent!! Letting your kids become exposed to TV shows that aren't targeted toward them is bad parenting.

Sure, there are times where you can't be around to see what they are or aren't watching. Like, when you have a babysitter for them or if one child is old enough to watch the younger sibling on their own. Maybe if the parent(s) laid down the law early enough, the kids would know better. Maybe if they got themselves a decent sitter, it wouldn't be a problem. Or maybe the parent(s) should actually watch TV WITH their kids! Either way, the V-chip isn't the savior of children who watch TV.

Newbie syrayian is off to a good start syrayian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    EXCUSE ME??? I'm VERY offended by that remark!

My television has V-chip and I find no need for it! I don't bother setting it. Most people who can't afford newer TVs don't have one at all! Not every TV has a V-chip! Only TVs made after the year 2000 (or was it 2003?) have them installed. I'm sure my son's mother doesn't have one installed and if she does, she doesn't use it either. Why? Because we know what our son (in her case, sons) should and shouldn't watch! Not having or using a damn V-chip doesn't make you a bad parent!! Letting your kids become exposed to TV shows that aren't targeted toward them is bad parenting.

Sure, there are times where you can't be around to see what they are or aren't watching. Like, when you have a babysitter for them or if one child is old enough to watch the younger sibling on their own. Maybe if the parent(s) laid down the law early enough, the kids would know better. Maybe if they got themselves a decent sitter, it wouldn't be a problem. Or maybe the parent(s) should actually watch TV WITH their kids! Either way, the V-chip isn't the savior of children who watch TV.

Whoa! big misunderstanding i ws trying to say not to use a V-chip because only pathetic parents who cant decipline their children need them.

Carlos mencia did a skit on them once it was funny

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4