+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DEATH penalty

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DEATH penalty

i don't think death penalty makes a lot of sense... for instance, man kills another, then he would be sentenced death... they say it's justice... but not to me... a murderer or a prisoner perhaps could not repay one's life through death... it could not bring back that life that was lost... maybe the best thing to do is that he change his ways and live a second - better- life... and let's not say "let God do the judgement."... because i believe that God is just, but at the same time merciful... this is just my opinion; no offense....

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    Does killing someone give you rights to kill him/her?
    My opinion is that nothing gives rights to kill other people.
    They need to be punished but not by dropping to their level, sitting in jail for 30+
    years gives them time to think what they did.
    So i should pay my tax dollars to keep that scum alive? Like the bible says, "an eye for an eye". It also gives the victims family a sense of justice.

Newbie Leon S. Kennedy may be famous one day Leon S. Kennedy may be famous one day Leon S. Kennedy's Avatar
    Thanks

My point exactly, I mean, I could be paying day in and day out for sum scumbag who killed my family or something like that!

Thank you SasuraiHell!

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

The death penalty is a mistake. I look at it this way. The US was late in getting rid of slavery compared to the other powers of it's time (Britian, France and ect) Even though we were for it back then, we have since changed like the rest of the world and now we see it as a horrible concept.

It's going to be the same as the death penalty. The death penalty is banned in just about all of the 1st world besides us. In 50 years the death penalty will be long gone and people will look back to us as savages.

Besides, it's morally wrong, not to mention death penalties actually cost more than throwing a guy in prison for the rest of his life. The legal fees associated with death penalties alone go well over one million dollars for each convict.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    So i should pay my tax dollars to keep that scum alive? Like the bible says, "an eye for an eye". It also gives the victims family a sense of justice.
    If we would go with "an eye for an eye" the whole world would be blind...
    If you would have killed person, would you like to die cos' of it?

Edit: Finland doesn't give prisons to countries that have capital punishment..
    If you kill some1 in states come to Finland to hide lol ^_^

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    The death penalty is a mistake. I look at it this way. The US was late in getting rid of slavery compared to the other powers of it's time (Britian, France and ect) Even though we were for it back then, we have since changed like the rest of the world and now we see it as a horrible concept.

It's going to be the same as the death penalty. The death penalty is banned in just about all of the 1st world besides us. In 50 years the death penalty will be long gone and people will look back to us as savages.

Besides, it's morally wrong, not to mention death penalties actually cost more than throwing a guy in prison for the rest of his life. The legal fees associated with death penalties alone go well over one million dollars for each convict.
    I don't see it as morally wrong. Its a just punishment for a just crime, that being murder.

Savages, i think not. The real savagry was the acts the criminals commited. I guess those other countrys dont have a bad murder problem? So you can kill 50 ppl there and just be put in prison. How is that right?

Also how is it fair that the murderer gets to live and breath and the victem is 6 feet under?

I like knowing that if their put to death they will never harm anyone again. Never!!

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

I say we should bring it back in britain over here people can get away with anything if you commit murder in england you get to go on a holiday in jail for 40 years but come out after 7 and that isnt justice and if you try to deffend you own home from robbery you get put in prison if you use "exsesive force" that just an example of our crappy laws in britain and crime here is just out of control so we should bring back the death penalty
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that capital punishment isn't wrong. The problem is, atleast in the United States, that it isn't used properly. Ethnic porportions of people who have been put on death row is way out of wack, and the improvements in DNA testing set about a third of the people on death row free in the last 3 decades. Court cases aren't about the truth, they are about who can hire the best attorney and make the biggest scene. Death row just kills people. We shouldn't be so hasty in taking from someone something we can't give back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast