+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: DEATH penalty

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DEATH penalty

I just saw on the new that congress or some government agency is arguing weather lethal injection is a humane forum of punishment or not. Like wtf!! How can that not be humane? I mean come on it don’t get any more humane. These government officials should be shot.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    If it's a good deterant why does the US have one of the highest murder rates of any first world nation while we're one of the only first world nations to still have this "deterant"
    Because we get every type of people. And you can get a shotgun at age 18 and a hand gun at age 21.So you see why and plus we pick on poeple and the other way around too.So that makes everyone want to kill eachother.Which is stuide and funny because they are killing eachother because of kid things.Oh and we drunk and party alot and things can get little out of control after the 9 or 11 beer.
    Perfection is dull

Newbie thanatos808 may be famous one day thanatos808 may be famous one day thanatos808's Avatar
    Thanks

i am for it, there should be one, i am coming from a country which doesn't have a death penalty, it makes criminals think twice before killing others, where i am from, a person can walk into walmark and go on a shooting spree and walk out and surrender to the law and admit to what they have done to get life imprisonment, and life means 25years, if young and strong enough, one can serve that and walk out after, and here we have less fortunate ppl living on the streets, in the cold... while a inmate are fed and sheltered at the taxpayers expense

Newbie [PainfullyElegant] may be famous one day [PainfullyElegant] may be famous one day [PainfullyElegant]'s Avatar
    Thanks

the death penalty must be one of the most stupidest yet smartest things ever.

usually people go to "death row" for murders etc.

well, if killing someone is bad, why should you kill a life for a life?

i mean, it shows nothing. shouldn't the person killing someone die as well? he killed him, basically.

maybe not in a violent way and with just, but still.. a life is a life.

i think it's smart, too, because we the people pay for the food people in prison eat. it comes from our taxes.
    i guess killing people is a way to save our butts from paying taxes.

that sounds very disturbing but i guess it's true if you think about it.
    i mean, if we supplied everyones needs in prison/jail through our taxes, then we'll be really poor since there are so many of them! i guess some people get the death penalty as a payment of their deed.

i dont know.

time square can't shine as bright as you...

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless it's the prisoner's family who wants to be there when he/she dies I think the guy should die with no witnesses. The murderer should only pay for what they have done. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

if it were up to me I would get rid of the death penalty...doesn't matter what they did they should just have life sentence in prison (well only the ones who committed a more severe crime like that copycat murderer)...that inflicts more pain...make them suffer...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    I sit, at the same time, on both ends of the spectrum.

The one end:
    It is not right, nor is it justifiable, to take a life. If someone has killed someone else, why does that justify taking the murderer's life? "An eye for an eye". Haven't we evolved beyond that primitive idea yet? I just fail to see that taking a life is equalivant compensation for another. It is not as though killing the murderer is going to bring the victim back to life.

The other end:
    The death penalty is not harsh enough. Wouldn't it be a harder punishment to let the person live with what they've done? Besides, the death penality just gets them out of paying for what they did. If they already think life is worthless enough to take one, then us killing them has no meaning because they won't, in most cases, even put high value on their own.

So, that's where I stand on the matter. "The one end" is pretty decently explained I think, but "The other end" probably just sounds like a garrbled mess because I haven't talked about this topic in awhile with anyone, and it's harder to explain what I mean.
    Ok, I completely agree with most people on this one......there seem to be two sides to this argument. I will just voice my opinions on this well summarised argument.......

The one end.........

Absolutely right. An eye for an eye, or, in this case, a life for a life, is hardly justifiable.

However, I feel that sometimes, it might actually be for the best.......

Not all people are very sensible...... sometimes, people want revenge..... and every waking moment for them would be tormented by the fact that the offender is still out there, still fortunate enough to be alive, while their loved one has passed away.......

And they dont kill the offender to "bring the victim back to life" ........ its probably more of a "spur of the moment."
    What would be going through your mind if someone hurt you? REVENGE..... and sometimes you just want to grab them by the neck and strangle them...... well, that is what the death penalty is giving the people, a peace of mind. A peace of knowing that the offender has gotten his just desserts.......

The other end.............

Agreed. The death penalty is probably a less severe form of punishment than spending ur lifetime in jail...... a life wasted is worse than not having life at all. The only purpose of the death penalty is probably for people who dont see this.
    Last edited by bassdudez; Apr 10, 2006 at 03:02 AM.
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I just saw on the new that congress or some government agency is arguing weather lethal injection is a humane forum of punishment or not. Like wtf!! How can that not be humane? I mean come on it don’t get any more humane. These government officials should be shot.
    I agree they should be shot
    its just like a shot everybody gets shots(exept this shot will kill you in a matter of sec. or min )
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6